Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 3

Piss on him to establish dominance
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah it was stolen Gov't property. He thought it was a civilian model, but the serial number traced back to an Army unit in Germany.
View Quote

Unit he had been in I take it, considering the arty?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah it was stolen Gov't property. He thought it was a civilian model, but the serial number traced back to an Army unit in Germany.

Actually a sister unit of his when he was stationed over there, but he bought it CONUS.

He beat the Article 15 charge.  He admitted it looked really bad on him, since it was stolen from a base he was formerly stationed at, but I am pretty sure he bought it thinking it was legit because he told me about it right after he bought it.

I don't think he would be stupid enough to broadcast the fact he stole something and then post it on the internet for sale later.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't think he would be stupid enough to broadcast the fact he stole something and then post it on the internet for sale later.
View Quote

Hahaha

https://www.staradvertiser.com/breaking-news/ex-marine-sentenced-to-57-months-in-prison-for-selling-night-vision-devices/
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha

https://www.staradvertiser.com/breaking-news/ex-marine-sentenced-to-57-months-in-prison-for-selling-night-vision-devices/

While that Marine was, it doesn't mean everyone that sells stuff does so knowing it's stolen.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Correct response, are you on duty?  Let me see your credentials.  IF not I am calling the local cops for you impersonating a law enforcement officer.  As far as getting the numbers off my scope, get some one with credentials and a warrant.
View Quote

This.  AND actually call the real cops.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess he thought he was going to save the world from a really, really naughty person. FDLE, huh? I haven't been impressed with the ones I met in the past. I had to tell one to secure his weapon he left lying on the floorbooards of his state car, with the door open in plain view at an officer involved shooting scene in an extemely high crime neighborhood. The FDLE agent gave me a dirty look and replied, "So? It ain't mine, it belongs to the State." I shook my head, went back to his car, saw the keys were in the ignition, too. Guess what? I locked the car up after hiding the handgun in the car and slammed the door shut and left the scene. Dumb F. As I said, not too impressed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Never showed us LEO creds but someone at the range said he was FDLE. .
View Quote

This was at a range, right?

In other words, some dude... presumably with a gun.....   walks up and tells you they're a cop, and demands that you hand something over.

That's the point where you ask to see some credentials, and if they can't cough any up, call local law enforcement on them.   If it's a private range, ask the owners to call them.

You don't simply get to claim you're some sort of secret squirrel and throw your weight around
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Agreed, but then you walk down range to move or look at your target and you have to worry that there is some chucklefuck diddling your firearm/LAM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would first smile, then chuckle and keep on blasting...

Agreed, but then you walk down range to move or look at your target and you have to worry that there is some chucklefuck diddling your firearm/LAM.

Immediate grounds for boot to ass
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to brag a bit, but... My club has members that include both senators, the guv, atty gen, and other pols all the way down to local level. All land is paid for and club is worth a LOT on ~300 acres of land.

Anyone who is a pest is gone FAST, there is a board and they do not tolerate crap. The rules we have are often so for insurance requirements, and what the club lawyers stipulated. I've seen nothing like that ever in my 20 years there. Cost is somewhat high ($300/yr) but club is world class and 17 miles from my house (I'm an RSO). I am even allowed to shoot at night with my lasers and NV for zeroing. Any member that wants to do that can get with me - the RSO has NV and can totally make sure the range is safe.

I would totally read that nosy bastard the riot act if it happened at my club - which I'd be really surprised if it did. I have not been to a public range is 20 years, they sound like they really suck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sorry to brag a bit, but... My club has members that include both senators, the guv, atty gen, and other pols all the way down to local level. All land is paid for and club is worth a LOT on ~300 acres of land.

Anyone who is a pest is gone FAST, there is a board and they do not tolerate crap. The rules we have are often so for insurance requirements, and what the club lawyers stipulated. I've seen nothing like that ever in my 20 years there. Cost is somewhat high ($300/yr) but club is world class and 17 miles from my house (I'm an RSO). I am even allowed to shoot at night with my lasers and NV for zeroing. Any member that wants to do that can get with me - the RSO has NV and can totally make sure the range is safe.

I would totally read that nosy bastard the riot act if it happened at my club - which I'd be really surprised if it did. I have not been to a public range is 20 years, they sound like they really suck.
View Quote

Your range sounds perfect, I'm jelly.  I can't seem to find any range that allows night shooting down here in FL.  At our place in IN I just shoot on our own land, don't have that luxury here
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I would immediately call LE.

FHITA
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#13]
find a new range with no Jizzbags...WTF

Quoted:
Was with a buddy yesterday zeroing his perfectly legal, legitimately purchased ATPIAL-C. Normally, because many gun owners are Fudds, stupid, ignorant, and generally quick to make a fool of themselves I don't pay much attention when someone walks over and starts clamoring about "That there thing..." But this guy was dressed well. He looked like he had showered recently (probably that very morning!) and actually spoke coherently so I paid attention when he spoke.

He politely informed us that he was a "Law enforcement officer" and the PEQ15 we were using was "presumed stolen" under FDA guidelines and that we would have to surrender it.

My response, verbatim, was the following:

"That sounds like a good way to get suckers to hand over their stolen high power units, but this is a legally purchased civilian model." Because, you know, we were being truthful and thought it was just a mistake on his part.

After my buddy stared at him with an awkward "Alright, so, what the fuck do you want to do about it?" glance, we pulled up TNVC's website on our phones thinking he was mistaken and would apologize for the inconvenience. He refused to accept the unit was legit and made us extremely uncomfortable the rest of the afternoon trying to get the serial number off of it.

Anyone ran into anything of this sort before? Holy shit... Never showed us LEO creds but someone at the range said he was FDLE. In hindsight, I wish I started recording him so I could publicly shame him for being a douchebag. Doing your job is one thing, but living life assuming everyone is a criminal makes for a piss poor LEO.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#14]
shouldnt have to do any of that... id kindly offer.... please mind your business... then a casual O your still here ? please FKKK OFFF
this is why i basically shoot on private land anymore. i fkn hate gun clubs/ranges  and all the nosey bored assholes at them.
im not there to show them my stuff, im not a charity for free shooting on my guns. etc etc. if they like stuff they dont have.. go into their welded shut
wallets... take the money out and Buy it like i did !!! im done with that kind of bullshit.  i also have grown tired of hearing i shoot to much ammo...
could of bought such and such a rifle for Sooo much cheaper... etc etc. or the creeps that sit there and wait for your brass to hit the deck.

i actually totally ignore those types anymore. its seriously none of anybodys fkn business...

Quoted:

Why?
Tell him to fuck off, demand credentials, call a real cop, complain about a stalker to range staff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, this was at Shooter's World in Tampa.

Quoted:
If you want it, buy it. Why let some random idiot intimidate you from a legal product? Are you that easily intimidated? Eff that, get one and use it proudly.

Yes I was very afraid.

Why?
Tell him to fuck off, demand credentials, call a real cop, complain about a stalker to range staff.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Should have asked him why a police officer would be enforcing FDA regulations.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Tell him it is an Airsoft fake. The IR light does not even work. Let him look into it to see for himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Point taken. I guess what I should have asked is if you run into a (real) idiot agent and he's being a dick about it - what can you really do to prove it isn't a stolen .mil version on the spot?

Tell him it is an Airsoft fake. The IR light does not even work. Let him look into it to see for himself.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:00:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Was with a buddy yesterday zeroing his perfectly legal, legitimately purchased ATPIAL-C. Normally, because many gun owners are Fudds, stupid, ignorant, and generally quick to make a fool of themselves I don't pay much attention when someone walks over and starts clamoring about "That there thing..." But this guy was dressed well. He looked like he had showered recently (probably that very morning!) and actually spoke coherently so I paid attention when he spoke.

He politely informed us that he was a "Law enforcement officer" and the PEQ15 we were using was "presumed stolen" under FDA guidelines and that we would have to surrender it.

"That sounds like a good way to get suckers to hand over their stolen high power units, but this is a legally purchased civilian model." Because, you know, we were being truthful and thought it was just a mistake on his part.

After my buddy stared at him with an awkward "Alright, so, what the fuck do you want to do about it?" glance, we pulled up TNVC's website on our phones thinking he was mistaken and would apologize for the inconvenience. He refused to accept the unit was legit and made us extremely uncomfortable the rest of the afternoon trying to get the serial number off of it.

Anyone ran into anything of this sort before? Holy shit... Never showed us LEO creds but someone at the range said he was FDLE. In hindsight, I wish I started recording him so I could publicly shame him for being a douchebag. Doing your job is one thing, but living life assuming everyone is a criminal makes for a piss poor LEO.
View Quote

It has been my experience that someone acts like that (that big of a douche) and says they are in LE, they generally are in LE. However, they work as a janitor or some other job at FDLE, have heard others talk about what is legal and what is not (or read the literature while mopping the floors) and so are out of their element when dealing with people.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It has been my experience that someone acts like that (that big of a douche) and says they are in LE, they generally are in LE. However, they work as a janitor or some other job at FDLE, have heard others talk about what is legal and what is not (or read the literature while mopping the floors) and so are out of their element when dealing with people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prison guards or "correctional officers" always feel the need to tell you they work in "law enforcement". But in reality I don't think they have any authority outside of a prison.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Shoulda stuck your penis in his ear.

Fuck that guy.

Show creds and a warrant or GTFO.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top