Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2015 10:58:54 PM EDT
Wanting to move it back one rail slot due to a tweak in my config.  I won't have a chance to zero it before dusk/night of my next hog hunt.  

What I'll likely do is keep it in its current slot as I know it's zero'ed, but in theory, moving the DBAL back one slot should lower the POI and POA, correct?  For 100y I'd suspect just one click down would re-zero it, right?

ETA - or it one slot so minute I would;t even move the laser at all?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Your guess is as good as any.

It will be close, but you may have to tweak it.  Too many variables to know for sure.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It will be close, but you may have to tweak it.  Too many variables to know for sure.
View Quote

Let me remove guesswork to allow for feedback:

distance - 100y
angle - the barrel and rail are at a slight angle upwards at that distance
ammo - shouldn't matter but m193

With that 2nd fact above, would;t any move from either the optic or laser backwards bring POA and POI down a bit?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI (even with your updates)
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

distance - 100y

With that 2nd fact above, would;t any move from either the optic or laser backwards bring POA and POI down a bit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

distance - 100y

It depends on how well the rail is aligned with the bore axis. If the rail is aligned with the bore axis, moving the laser backwards one slot shouldn't change POI, but you can't be sure until you test it.

If you have some type of vice, you might try bore sighting it to see if the POI shifts when you move it. You can always return it to the original position if the POI shifts in the new position.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Rib you still have the T1 on the rifle, right? Just re-zero to that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top