Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Units officially shipping today!  Thanks again for the patience guys, we DO look forward to all the new Vids we'll start seeing popping up from everyone's PVS-14's! This should get very interesting!

https://youtu.be/tBB6bp34UEM
View Quote

If mine gets out today Ill get some videos for you this weekend

And I just got tracking info. I know what Im doing this weekend
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]

I don't remember where my eye piece retaining ring is

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#5]
How long are we looking for the hero4 session mounts?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
A few questions. Please help tnvc

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Gopro should have am "invert video" setting for sure.

Here..

https://youtu.be/4Ros0J5C8mg
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
You definitely can change the video to inverted but, I got nothing for the fitment issues. It looks like a left eye only setup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the reply. First things first. I didn't know the header card opened lol.I closed the plastic back on it after I removed prices.instructions are clear enough. I use my pvs to shoot with looking through an aimpoint. I understand the light in your dominant eye. Fortunately I hunt pigs and they don't shoot back. I will play around with it and see what I can come up with on rotating the video in editing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The mail man was good to me today, just in time for my next deployment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#14]
First let me say that I could see a lot better through the device than the video depicts. Again these were the worst possible lighting conditions. Hopefully next week we will have time to get more video with better moon light.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any reason you don't use a IR illuminator Thursdaymike? So many HUGE advantages to use one.

Vic
View Quote

Per the vid he does not have one.
Sounds like he needs a Torch for being the first customer to make a vid of your new product.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I've tossed around the idea of getting one. Its not very often that I would need one. When I have hunted with someone that has one it cast shadows that mess everybody else up.I have literally told people to turn them off.either everyone has to have one or no one. Maybe when I have some extra funds laying around I will pick one up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You haven't changed a bit CTM... You're predictable.

Guess you did not realize I^2 still needs some sort of ambient light to work with and even the best Gen 3 does not do well in EXTREME dark conditions withthout some sort of IR help...But you did not know that. ...And the resson I asked him why he does use one! My reading and ear comprehension is fine and I knew he did not have one, but thanks for reminding me what he said.

As for videos and the first customer making a Vid? Thanks but we're fine, we have plenty on our UTUBE channel and my guess there will be many more who want to share their vids. As you may not know, there hasn't been too many easy ways to record through a PVS-14 till now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any reason you don't use a IR illuminator Thursdaymike? So many HUGE advantages to use one.

Vic

Per the vid he does not have one.
Sounds like he needs a Torch for being the first customer to make a vid of your new product.

You haven't changed a bit CTM... You're predictable.

Guess you did not realize I^2 still needs some sort of ambient light to work with and even the best Gen 3 does not do well in EXTREME dark conditions withthout some sort of IR help...But you did not know that. ...And the resson I asked him why he does use one! My reading and ear comprehension is fine and I knew he did not have one, but thanks for reminding me what he said.

As for videos and the first customer making a Vid? Thanks but we're fine, we have plenty on our UTUBE channel and my guess there will be many more who want to share their vids. As you may not know, there hasn't been too many easy ways to record through a PVS-14 till now.

Based on your responses you now have me confused.
You must be jet lagged or have started celebrating the bowl early as I have no clue what you are talking about or trying to get at.
Will just end this here.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]

My J arm did not like the weight of the set up and now spins freely when completely screwed down.

I don't hate the rhino mount, but the J arm just gave up the ghost. Any better alternatives that would work with the bayonet mount of the rhino mount?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I finally got a chance to try mine on the hemet today.  Im confused as well.

Im perfectly happy with mounting on left eye as I run this way normally. But for the life of me I cant get it to sit well and still be lined up with my eyeballs.  The main issue is that the power switch is in the way if where the go pro really needs to sit.

I need to play with it some more, im pretty sure I can get it to work.

Initial impression is that it is way more intrusive than I had fantasized about, but I dont see any other way of doing it. A cased gopro all the sudden seems like a big honking piece of hardware when you try to fit it where it needs to go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I finally got a chance to try mine on the hemet today.  Im confused as well.

Im perfectly happy with mounting on left eye as I run this way normally. But for the life of me I cant get it to sit well and still be lined up with my eyeballs.  The main issue is that the power switch is in the way if where the go pro really needs to sit.

I need to play with it some more, im pretty sure I can get it to work.
Initial impression is that it is way more intrusive than I had fantasized about, but I dont see any other way of doing it. A cased gopro all the sudden seems like a big honking piece of hardware when you try to fit it where it needs to go.
View Quote

My exact thoughts as well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Got it to work but I had to get retarded.
My J Arm sucks and just refuses to hold the thing in place.

The gopro and mount are butted right up to the helmet and im have to wear it a little crooked to make it line up with my eye well.

I really haven't had a good chance to play w it, yet.

It looks like Id have gobs of room if I could just rotate the pvs14 20 degrees or so, but that woukd take a custom J arm.  Ill post a vid when I get a chance.

Sorry pic is crap, in truck waiting for pigs.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Worst conditions you could ask for. Target completely shadowed in by tree lines.

Ill see if I can get something better this week.

My jarm going wonky on me makes it less than ideal now since the PVS14s weight is now supported by my nose

Video looked better before upload as well hmm
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Worst conditions you could ask for. Target completely shadowed in by tree lines.

My jarm going wonky on me makes it less than ideal now since the PVS14s weight is now supported by my nose

https://youtu.be/1H9bP8_OEgM

View Quote

Why is part of the video obscured? Just the way you have your mount setup or is this normal?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why is part of the video obscured? Just the way you have your mount setup or is this normal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/1H9bP8_OEgM

I think its nature of the beast unless I set it up incorrectly. I thought I recalled all the other videos Ive seen with a small spot obscured.

Maybe worth mentioning im using a 3+ with FOV set to narrow.

My only real complaints about the adaptor is I agree if it could simply spin another 20 degrees or so it would be in a better position. I also had to modify how I wear the rig to get it to work somewhat decently.

My mounts failing is kind of whatever. I know my setup is "cheap". Ill likely just run it how it is for a bit.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#27]
chase, Im running a wilcox G11 and standard J arm.

Try removing the gropro mount, putting the beam splitter where you want it, and flipping the gopro right side up.  It fits like a charm for me, now I just need to figure out how to actually make the gopro case stay there without using the TNVC mount.  I hate to say it, but hot glue is looking like a win.  :D
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Try removing the gropro mount, putting the beam splitter where you want it, and flipping the gopro right side up.  It fits like a charm for me, now I just need to figure out how to actually make the gopro case stay there without using the TNVC mount.  I hate to say it, but hot glue is looking like a win.  :D
View Quote

Main issue at this moment is J arm is toasted. Simply couldn't support the weight and now spins free.

One of these days I may upgrade. With a few bungee cords and such I can make it work, the bad is now with the j arm spinning freely my nose now supports the weight of the pvs14 and gopro
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Main issue at this moment is J arm is toasted. Simply couldn't support the weight and now spins free.

One of these days I may upgrade. With a few bungee cords and such I can make it work, the bad is now with the j arm spinning freely my nose now supports the weight of the pvs14 and gopro
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hot glue gun time.  :D

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, mine just arrived this afternoon.  I may yet get it working, but so far I've hit roadblocks as well.

The Wilcox beam splitter doesn't seem to connect to either my Mod3 eyepieces or my IR Hunter thermal scope with PVS14 style eyepiece.  The beam splitter has a ring that appears it's supposed to mate with the PVS14 eyepiece but it's slightly too small for the IR Hunter and way too big to fit snug on the Mod3.  

Is the beam splitter supposed to solidly mount to the eyepiece of the PVS14 and be sturdy even without the gopro case attached?

I can't blame TNVC for this not working as they said it was for use with a PVS14, but I specifically purchased this to mount on my IR Hunter thermal scope since it has PVS14 style eyepiece.  However that's a no go unless I want to cut a little metal away.  The scope mount doesn't leave room for the band that holds the gopro mount in place.  It wouldn't take much removal, but I'm not sure I want to do that......

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#31]
The Amber Filter mount (the plastic ring you have removed in the pics) goes UNDERNEATH the eyepiece eyecup adapter ring. Remove the ring, put the plastic ring behind it and thread it back on and you can mount up the Amber Filter assembly.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Amber Filter mount (the plastic ring you have removed in the pics) goes UNDERNEATH the eyepiece eyecup adapter ring. Remove the ring, put the plastic ring behind it and thread it back on and you can mount up the Amber Filter assembly.
View Quote

Are you referring to removing this part?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Correct
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Correct
View Quote

Interesting, never tried unscrewing it before.  Still have to mill out part of the mount for the scope to work and looks like I'm out of luck on my Mod3's unless someone has ideas....
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Interesting, never tried unscrewing it before.  Still have to mill out part of the mount for the scope to work and looks like I'm out of luck on my Mod3's unless someone has ideas....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correct

You need the eyecup adapter ring on the MOD-3 for it to fit. Buy one (kind of surprised it didn't come with one?) and attach as described above!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hi ya, if you check our web site, we've listed the adapter did not work on the IR Hunter line. We knew at the onset the STANAG protrusion of the IR Hunters.  Also as Mr. Hoover indicated (thank you Sir),  if you purchased a MOD-3 through us, our units do come with an eyecup adapter ring.  

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, mine just arrived this afternoon.  I may yet get it working, but so far I've hit roadblocks as well.

The Wilcox beam splitter doesn't seem to connect to either my Mod3 eyepieces or my IR Hunter thermal scope with PVS14 style eyepiece.  The beam splitter has a ring that appears it's supposed to mate with the PVS14 eyepiece but it's slightly too small for the IR Hunter and way too big to fit snug on the Mod3.  

Is the beam splitter supposed to solidly mount to the eyepiece of the PVS14 and be sturdy even without the gopro case attached?

http://i.imgur.com/mPSl6GE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DWQgbml.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/veiOj3S.jpg

I can't blame TNVC for this not working as they said it was for use with a PVS14, but I specifically purchased this to mount on my IR Hunter thermal scope since it has PVS14 style eyepiece.  However that's a no go unless I want to cut a little metal away.  The scope mount doesn't leave room for the band that holds the gopro mount in place.  It wouldn't take much removal, but I'm not sure I want to do that......

http://i.imgur.com/fIyNjYk.jpg

Hi ya, if you check our web site, we've listed the adapter did not work on the IR Hunter line. We knew at the onset the STANAG protrusion of the IR Hunters.  Also as Mr. Hoover indicated (thank you Sir),  if you purchased a MOD-3 through us, our units do come with an eyecup adapter ring.  

Vic

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered it I think the first day it was offered for pre-sale and if it told about not working with the IR Hunter line at that point I missed it.  I knew it was my risk but I mentioned the plan in a couple posts on different threads and no one steered me away from it, not that anyone was obligated to.  As for my Mod3's, I picked them up second hand so I'll need to pick up an eyecup adapter ring then.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No problem Brother. If you need to return it, no problem there as well.  Just want to be sure your happy with your hard earned money spent.  

Vic
View Quote

Much appreciated I'll think on it and let you know.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Here you are explaining GoPro mounts and now Im buying a lens cap.

Killing me...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#42]

How did you get your J arm not to give up the ghost?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#43]
So I got the mount yesterday and here is my initial two cents on it, video will come later.

Initial fitment to the PVS14 not too difficult, but did take me a bit longer then expected (mainly with the beam splitter as I forgot that I had a demist shield on the eyepiece retaining ring). While It does take a while to figure out the mounting for lining things up, once you figure it out, its a breeze the next time through. I did have to adjust my J arm a bit for the unit to clear the helmet, but once the adjustment was done it works. And its lines up pretty well.

The weight of the unit attached is considerably heavier but that is expected as you have a Go pro hanging off the front. The weight wasn't too extreme and my standard J arm failed, but it was enough that I felt like I needed to tighten down my ops core bump and wanted to use the chin straps. I didn't even attempt with my nightcap (as I didn't want to did out some counterweight).    

Taking the adapter arm on and off is simple, just need a Allen wrench. The beam splitter is a bit harder. Since it is designed to rotate (so you can align it with the gopro), it does make unscrewing it for removal a bit harder. Mainly you have to try and get pressure to the threads of the retaining ring or you will just be rotating it around making no progress. Its not hard to do, but I found I had to concentrate to get it removed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#44]
edit.... my issues were caused by my gain not being turned all the way up
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#45]
So initial assessment (and this is only after playing around with it for an hour) is I am happy with the purchase. After figuring out my issues were caused by poor settings on my part, the device did well as advertised

Edit...... After turning up the gain, all my issues went away. (sorry about an initial bad review when it was just me having poor settings.)...
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#47]
After some trial and error, I gotta say I like this more now.

With the addition of a .10 cent token to my J arm it stays in place a lot better. Using the bungee cords on the helmet really secures everything down nice and tight.

I was worried about this adapter falling apart when fast moving, namely the eyepiece, but everything works great.

If anyone else is having problems just keep toying with it. I really like this product now.

Only thing I can complain about now is my own personal doing. Last night after getting the courage up to go out in the woods about a mile with a 50 pound target in freezing weather, I noticed I forgot to change the go pro from wide FOV to narrow

But I managed this out of the whole thing

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm planning on shooting something in the face tonight with mine installed.  Hopefully some stupid pig will volunteer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey will this work with a Norotos dual dovetail? If so how will the gopro orientation be?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top