Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 10:17:16 PM EDT
My XL Pro-Tec helmet showed up today and it's too tight with the foam pads in place.  Is there a preferred arfcom method for trimming the foam to fit my giant melon?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I just used my knife. Worked fine.  I actually prefer the custom fit protec over my team wendy, but i'm and oddity. Lol.

I started with the top pad and then moved to the sides, but i'm not sure where yours is too tight.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Always good to custom fit helmets. Wear it for a month after initial fitting and pay attention to weird pressure spots and trim those as well. Hope my protec fits well....its an xl too. I got a giant gourd myself
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the tips guys.  Used a pocket knife and went slow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Electric carving knives work well for this type of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top