Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2015 9:34:34 AM EDT
This is a dang good deal that I am having a hard time passing on. I thought about buying and dumping it on ebay, but would rather one of you guys pick it up and use it. The scope adapter is an extra ~$55

$799, regular price is $1800: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GC2C134/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=YWPGXKVKETYL&coliid=I1VZUTGKJT5DP0

If this is against the rules I'll take the post down asap
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
OK fine  This is my first foray into digital.   I figure that if I hate the thing I can return it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK fine  This is my first foray into digital.   I figure that if I hate the thing I can return it.
View Quote

I'd be curious what your thoughts are when you get it.  I was debating but passed
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It will be getting put up against a PVS-14 and LWTS thermal to see how the three different technologies compare.  I'm pretty interested to see how it does with my Streamlight SuperTac IR illuminator.  Does anyone know where the best place is to buy the scope attachments in case it works well?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It will be getting put up against a PVS-14 and LWTS thermal to see how the three different technologies compare.  I'm pretty interested to see how it does with my Streamlight SuperTac IR illuminator.  Does anyone know where the best place is to buy the scope attachments in case it works well?
View Quote

I am interested to see how it compares as well. I hope to see an in depth comparison with lots of photos and video

Amazon has the adapters for around $55 for the different scope sizes as well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Soooooooo...  who here has used one?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Soooooooo...  who here has used one?
View Quote

I posted a thread a week or so ago about the DFA and really did not get much feedback on these units. Seems like its more popular across the pond and there are some great video reviews on youtube.

While its no gen 3, digi has its place and I think this unit will perform well for what it is. I just don't think the $1800 retail price is justified for the unit, but you got a deal that I think would make the DFA worth having.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#7]
So the unit that arrived is the DN55 (which is the title of the ad) not the DFA75 described in the ad body and there is no 10x magnifier with it.  I sent an email to the place that sold it to me and will be doing some reading tonight to figure out the difference between what was in the ad description and what I actually got.  I may play with it tonight to see how it looks anyways.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So the unit that arrived is the DN55 (which is the title of the ad) not the DFA75 described in the ad body and there is no 10x magnifier with it.  I sent an email to the place that sold it to me and will be doing some reading tonight to figure out the difference between what was in the ad description and what I actually got.  I may play with it tonight to see how it looks anyways.
View Quote

Interesting. After I passed on the one you got, from another supplier? Amazon had another 7 for sale. I ended up getting one of those and mine has everything. NV, 10x monocular and the IR light. On the top of the hard case it is still called DN55.

So is all that you got is the clip on nv?

ETA: Some pics

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting. After I passed on the one you got, from another supplier? Amazon had another 7 for sale. I ended up getting one of those and mine has everything. NV, 10x monocular and the IR light. On the top of the hard case it is still called DN55.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/Petes1552/nv%20case_zps2ey0vylq.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/Petes1552/nv%20case%20open_zpsbpq8w18y.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/Petes1552/nv%20case_zps2ey0vylq.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/Petes1552/nv%20case%20open_zpsbpq8w18y.jpg

Yep it's got everything but the magnifier, there is definitely a spot for it in the case but no dice.  What model number does your clip on device say on the eyepiece end?  Mine says DN55, but the manual says DFA75.  Strange.
ETA:  The image is pretty decent but it looks like I'm staring through a straw since there is no magnifier.  Cool technology.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#10]
From what I have read, the DN55 designates the whole kit. The digital NV sight itself is the DFA 75. At least that is what I gathered from reading the Euro and US reviewers pieces.

JPK
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine says DN55 on the clip on.  Sucks you didn't get everything, that just makes it a hassle.

I've read similar things that the DN55 is the kit that includes the DFA75
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Any video yet?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Petes1552, do you have a link or other info to where you bought your package that came complete?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Want video of this, especially in front of an ACOG, please.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Petes1552, do you have a link or other info to where you bought your package that came complete?
View Quote

I got it from the link in the op.  Mine was direct from amazon, where I believe that the one Ford got was supplied by another company through amazon.  That being said it went up from $800 to $1300 a day after I bought mine.

As far as getting some video I won't be able to get behind it to get some good pics/vid for a little while.  I'm traveling a lot for work right now.  I will post them in this thread when I do get them though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the update.

The price shot up within 24hrs of putting the link on here. Some folks got some great deals on these units.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#17]
There's another one up for $800.  Just FYI since I just bought an m845 I'm going to pass.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Question, does this unit allow you to still take advantage of the magnification of your current scope? For instance, if I have this mounted on say a 3-9x40 scope can I change the magnification of the scope from 3-9 or does it only work with a fixed power? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone got some time behind one of the discounted units yet?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Question, does this unit allow you to still take advantage of the magnification of your current scope? For instance, if I have this mounted on say a 3-9x40 scope can I change the magnification of the scope from 3-9 or does it only work with a fixed power? Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Works on variable but as you get into higher powers it gets grainier.  I stuck it on a 2.5-10x I'll get a pic of it on different powers.

Quoted:
Anyone got some time behind one of the discounted units yet?

I am going to try and get some pics tonight or over the weekend at worst.  I live in a decently well lit area otherwise I'd just take some off my deck.

I will get some trigger time with it mounted in about 2 weeks (100-300yrds).  I'm curious how much it is going to effect POI.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Not the greatest pictures, the digital really got distorted so it looks much grainier than it actually is.  The image is very clear in person.

These pictures didn't require the IR attachment due to the surrounding light.  I tried to pick the darkest areas I could, but I don't feel this is a good test of the abilities.

This weekend I will be getting out into an area with next to no ambient light so it will be a better test.

Overall view of area:
-Note there is a lot of light in the area-

75 yard sign:
-I took multiple pictures of this and none of them turned out well-

135 yard bridge:
-Still a little on the grainy side, but this is a much better picture than the above-

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#22]
That image at 135yds (even tho its not completely representative of the true image) is pretty decent.

Look forward to some video!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Yeah that's me.  I picked one up about the same time I got my first pvs. The pvs better suits my needs so going to get rid of the pulsar.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah that's me.  I picked one up about the same time I got my first pvs. The pvs better suits my needs so going to get rid of the pulsar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yours didn't come with a monocular either?  Did you get it from Amazon?

Curious if I somehow ended up being the only one to get the "full package"
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#26]
edit double post
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but it wasn't advertised to come with one. It was too good of a deal to pass up but now that I have the PVS and an IR laser I don't think I'll ever use the pulsar. I figure I'll sell it to start the thermal fund. I believe pulsar sells them as a monocular kit and without it as a scope kit. That is what I think the difference between the 55 and 75 designation is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top