Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:24:02 PM EDT
Is there any value in these?
Trying to feel out the buyer to see if it's legit - especially with recent drama here at Ft Carson
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on manufacturer, yes. Genuine mil spec can bring in a couple hundred.  You're buying or selling?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending on manufacturer, yes. Genuine mil spec can bring in a couple hundred.  You're buying or selling?
View Quote

Buying
"Pvs 7 / 14 3x magnifier it can direct thread or slip over then end. Has lens cap and flip cover on objective lens also comes in od green alice pouch. Purchased this 6 years ago prior to my first deployment when my unit didnt have enough to issue to everyone. Its seen little use and is in great shape."
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I like to use them as binoculars with my binos.  They do help
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Decent use of $200?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Decent use of $200?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decent use of $200?

If you use your NV a lot, they are for sure worth it. On a well lit moon night, they really add to a nice 14's abilities. I use one the majority of the time when the 14 is weapon mounted behind an EOTech, and also when the 14 is helmet mounted and I'm using the IR laser in open fields where my shots are further than 100 yards.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Decent use of $200?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Decent use of $200?

well, I'm a gadget guy with deep pockets.  So I thought I had to have them to have the experience.  I use them when I'm sitting in the deer stand overlooking a field.  I don't use them to walk with.  I use them for spotting since normally the IR light I use reflects in the eyes of animals.  But I'm using them less since I got the IR Hunter MK II.  I can see armadillos at way off with that thing.   So decent use... I think so.  You can always get 100 bones for them on the exchange if you don't like them.   I paid 99 bucks for each of mine. One from a guy in the exchange another form a mil surplus place.   You can find good deals.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I would say they average around 100 dollars used.  Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.  I just bought a second one so that I can use one on the pvs-14 and one on the end of the Torch Pro to extend the light output further.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
If it is real, yeah, it's worth $150, maybe $175 if perfect.  I have one in very good condition.  Almsot exclusively use it while using it in a stand as a hand-held.  I also bought an adapter and a Zeikos 4.5x camera lens and it works very, very well at about $50 for the lens and adapter.  I think I usually use the Zeikos for the extra magnification, but it does not slip-fit onto the mono, jsut screws in.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If it is real, yeah, it's worth $150, maybe $175 if perfect.  I have one in very good condition.  Almsot exclusively use it while using it in a stand as a hand-held.  I also bought an adapter and a Zeikos 4.5x camera lens and it works very, very well at about $50 for the lens and adapter.  I think I usually use the Zeikos for the extra magnification, but it does not slip-fit onto the mono, jsut screws in.
View Quote

Pics thru the tube with and without the lens, if possible, please
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Added to the list of S$&T  TO DO WITH NV this weekend.  

It's by far my favorite To Do list.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Added to the list of S$&T  TO DO WITH NV this weekend.  

It's by far my favorite To Do list.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I paid something like $115 delivered for mine.
The magnifier is well worth that, and they are very common on eBay.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]
PVS 14 no magnification
[url=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/knorbs/media/pvs-14/GOPR0156_1432952733546_high-2_zpsxmwg3iol.jpg.html]
PVS 14 with standard USGI 3x magnifier
[/url=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/knorbs/media/pvs-14/GOPR0155_1432952749542_high-1_zpshppi0w52.jpg.html][/URL]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top