Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2015 11:27:49 PM EDT
I was told it was 80s surplus Russian nv. But I am not sure since the only writing says "made in Russian" ...... In English

Very poor picture here, mainly because I couldn't get the camera to focus, while hiding everything in line. It's much clearer than this photo represents

Runs of a single 9v battery, has a single push button on off switch, which seems to turn it on and it slowly turns of after a min or so. To is a removable infrared illumination device. Huge lens on it that says 1.5/85 on it.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Often they are branded "Cyclop-1" or some such. They are a single stage GEN-1 scope, they are not great performers without IR light. Created solely for the civil market and worth maybe $100-200 at most with all the accessories.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. If gen 1 is this "bad" then I really have to try a gen 3. I was impressed with this one!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. If gen 1 is this "bad" then I really have to try a gen 3. I was impressed with this one!
View Quote

Ohhh, I see where this is going.... This is your only warning... Once you try Gen3 there is no going back -

Trying Gen1 for the first time is like trying candy for the first time.

Trying Gen3 soon after, especially on a dark night away from city lights, is like being let into the candy story and told "Take what you want!"

It's a one-way path... Unless you want to spend $3000 on your next purchase, don't do it. Don't try it. Don't even look....

If you never know Gen3, Gen1 will seem awesome.

Regards

David.

( Why do I feel like I just did something bad in this post? )
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

LOL, Because you did, but it's fun to watch the new guys get introduced to the later tech and see their reaction, especially if they are impressed with the Gen 1 Russian stuff.  Poor guy will probably end up with thermal by the end of the year, it's a terminal disease.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Luckily for me I have 2 adopted kids (that each cost $$$$$+ to adopt) and the wife wants a 3rd...and there's no more year long deployments with tax free combat/hazardous duty pay to pay lawyer/adoption fees. And the sewer line needs to be fixed, dog broke 2 teeth, and 5 window panes lost their insulation...etc etc.
But I'm still putting $100 a month into the NOD piggy bank.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ohhh, I see where this is going.... This is your only warning... Once you try Gen3 there is no going back -

Trying Gen3 soon after, especially on a dark night away from city lights, is like being let into the candy story and told "Take what you want!"

It's a one-way path... Unless you want to spend $3000 on your next purchase, don't do it. Don't try it. Don't even look....

Regards
David.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards
David.

so true
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
NOD piggy bank..... Now there's an idea I could use!

I'm still impressed with this thing though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top