Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2015 6:18:19 PM EDT
There is (unfortunately) no get both option as we are in the middle of selling and purchasing a home.

I've got the funding to do either one.  I want a weapon mounted laser with slaved dual spectrum lasers for ease of sighting-in. Intended use is hog hunting and killing paper and steel at night for fun!

I like the size, cost and dual spectrum ability of the CQBL-1 + Fusion plus SF. I'd really only be buying the CQBL-1 ($829), the Fusion mount + ring ($100) and the IR filter  ($45), so I'd be at about $1K del). Negative is that I'd have to mount it in front of my BUIS. I could actually get away with delaying the purchase of the fusion mount and ring for a while, reducing initial outlay of funds. Here

I like the fact that the ATPIAL-C is an "all-in-one" package as far as IR Illuminator, IR laser and Visible laser go. ($1300). Can mount anywhere on the top rail.
Here

A distant 3rd option (for now) is the Triad Class I Here If it was $800 and had a build in IR illuminator, it would be an utter no brainer.  The only negatives I see are lack of customer review and the height of the system.

A DBAL-D2 would be my first choice, if only $$ wasn't a consideration. Unfortunately, it is.

I'm a lefty if that affects anyone's thought process. ETA: I have a VITAL II (that I have paperwork for) that I like. Being a lefty, the standard switch is a no go, but the tape switch works.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DBAL A3
View Quote
I didnt think the A3 was slaved. If it is, that's exactly what I'll do., it will be in the running.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What kind of light are you planning on putting a filter on?
Just in case you didn't know, you can't use an IR filter on an LED light,  as white LEDs don't produce an IR light with which to filter out.

So, with that out of the way filtered incan lights suck. The white unfiltered sucks and so does the IR. Just very little light.

Right now,  I'm using a VITAL2 paired with a surefire scout vampire. It's a workable combo, but I'd just love a LOT more white light.

If you feel you can swing it the ATPIALC or DBALA3 with a quality white light would be the best course of action. Although the CQBL and Vampire light would be a workable choice. You can did cheap m952vs (millennium vampires) on the EE.

My most likely future course of action would be a DBAL-I2 single spectrum (ir laser & ir illuminator, no vis laser) paired with a Surefire Fury. While it won't have the shaved visible laser I just can't justify (at this point) an extra $500+ on a laser I wouldn't use other than to make zeroing a bit easier.
View Quote

Thanks, I was unaware of that and I'll keep it in mind.

This is a good point as well.

Might be a stupid question, but how is RTZ on the DBALI2?  The forward facing battery compartment means either my BUIS or the laser is coming off to replace the battery.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you're a south paw, (if affordable) the D2 may be your Huckleberry as the manual trigger pad is on the left side making it mandatory for right sided folks to use a pressure pad.

Also the A3 has slaved lasers.

Vic
View Quote

Another thing that makes me cringe is that the D2 is a good chunk of the way to another NOD.

I'm not addicted like Horta, I've only had one hit! I can stop ANY TIME I WANT TO!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the two set ups that you have in your title.  Don't screw around. Buy the ATPIAL.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No idea about the RTZ, I understand it works well. Throw the BUIS behind the DBAL, no big issue.
View Quote

Heh, sometimes I miss the easy fix....
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Right now,  I'm using a VITAL2 paired with a surefire scout vampire. It's a workable combo, but I'd just love a LOT more white light.
View Quote

I've got a scout with a bigger head on it (vampire?) and an IR laser. That set up is currently paired up on my SBR with the VITAL2.  It's workable, but I think I'd like to move it to my 18" AR.  Not sure exactly which set up I'd end up with on which gun. I might even put the next laser I purchase on my Sig556R.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have the two set ups that you have in your title.  Don't screw around. Buy the ATPIAL.
View Quote

appreciate it, I will keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got in on a $229 del Eotech XPS3 (NVG Compatible) deal.

Looks like I'll be going with the Dbal-I2 Single Spectrum.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:21:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I am not sure when the single spec I2 is supposed to be out (maybe it already is)  but that will be my choice. I am of the opinion that a visible laser is not needed at all and is just more settings on the device that make for clutter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am not sure when the single spec I2 is supposed to be out (maybe it already is)  but that will be my choice. I am of the opinion that a visible laser is not needed at all and is just more settings on the device that make for clutter.
View Quote

+1
maybe the Surefire X400V-IRC is another good choice
You can find it for 650$
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I saw that deal on the book of faces.  Not an Eotech guy, but that is a smoking deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got in on a $229 del Eotech XPS3 (NVG Compatible) deal.

Looks like I'll be going with the Dbal-I2 Single Spectrum.

I saw that deal on the book of faces.  Not an Eotech guy, but that is a smoking deal.

The ARFCOM Horde ordered 1,000 or so (I believe I was in first 25-30), who knows how many the MyFace Horde ordered. No clue if I'll even get one.

At that price though? I'll take the chance.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really like it for ease of zero.

If I want to switch it to another firearm? Easy zero.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#19]
How is the DBAL A3 screwing around?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How is the DBAL A3 screwing around?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

After using a homemade ir laser, to laser-max-uni, to CT rail-master, to DBAL-i2, to CQBL...I am confident that a slaved laser is very desirable feature.

Helps to zero and it helps to practice.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

After using a homemade ir laser, to laser-max-uni, to CT rail-master, to DBAL-i2, to CQBL...I am confident that a slaved laser is very desirable feature.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya, I'm back to leaning this way... Even with cost being a factor.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here, I'm usually first to try and save money but after starting with the UNI-IR and then buying a CQBL I will never buy another laser that isn't slaved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top