User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2015 7:20:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Many will realize this is our first offering of WPT. We've said it for years and I will say it now again. WPT IMHO and our staffs opinion does not give you any tactical advantage nor see better than their green phosphor counterparts. Some folks feel it's more relaxing to their eyes.

We chose this tube as it was a Photonis tube and can take a recoil beating and that just happened to be their WP tube. Our customers also wanted a better cost which was another major factor in our decision on this platform.

The D-Series was also chosen as it's really stood the test of time for over 10 years now. I know some folks have expressed their concern with new products and companies. I've owned a D-760 now for over 7 years and it still hammers away!

After all the legendary history here on the NV forum of so-called taped reticles, cheap plastic parts, prone to stripping etc...Here we are with the same scopes still work horsing the community.

Vic
View Quote

Stripped gears, LoL!...  Sticky tape reticles... They were funny claims. Oh, You forgot not holding zero for *law enforcement* purposes ...  Apparently it held zero for all other purposes just fine

And just as well it isn't an autogated tube - the whining might alert guard dogs Ahh, they were some crazy threads... Someone really had it in for the D-series scopes back them.

But the D-760 has proved itself over time - I don't think anyone believes all the lies told in the past about them anymore - They are solid scopes from what I've seen and can now make the claim to the term "Proven".

That is a nice pic though - one thing about WPT - it can be better for internet pics because it shows up better on our screens that green does alone - Aside from that, I don't think there's any performance benefits over green, and in comparing any two series of tubes that came in WPT and Green, I sometimes noticed a min-spec-drop in the WPT. But that might just have been because it was a newer technology and yields were still improving.

Nice pics - Can you comment on the ambient light conditions?

Thanks,

David.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Oh, just noticed these come in under the $3000 price -

Very, very nice -

David.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
My 30 SNR Pinnacle-tubed D-740 has been working wonderfully since October 2008.  Since it is out of warranty, I guess that it is OK to say that it has been on a 6.8 SBR and has held zero nicely.

I didn't get one with the sticky tape reticle....did y'all cheat me?  

Those are pretty good images coming from a "mere Gen2"; what were the ambient conditions?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Here is a pic with the 6x at 100.  The facial ID is very apparent here which I am very impressed with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/D760_Gen2_100yards_zpsrvshbloi.jpg
View Quote

Those tree's are at about 200m or so I take it? Very nice image - that's one heck of a scope.... The D760's have a slower lens than many other 6x scopes, but that will make for a very clear image with extra IR - Perfect for picking out vermin in a paddock without mis-identifying anything.

That system looks like it might even be better for use within and near urban areas than Gen3.... How well does it handle typical urban scenes with artificial lighting nearby?

Regards

David
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here is a pic with the 6x at 100.  The facial ID is very apparent here which I am very impressed with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/D760_Gen2_100yards_zpsrvshbloi.jpg
View Quote

Vic, was the picture in your post taken at the same photo session as the ones posted by Clasky in the first post?  In the 100 yard 6x pic, it looks like the "male model" is casting a shadow behind him, and that the shadow seems to run about 90 degrees to all the other shadows present in the pic, and it looks like something shiny is reflecting something back toward the scope.  Was there extra IR on that shot?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mislabeled.  Just talked with Chip. We tooks pics with Lum and without.  
View Quote

No problem- didn't figure TNVC was using the ATN camera filter in marketing pics.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
This is not a tag. Nosirree
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Point of aim gives me the heeby jeebies.  (I know its not mounted on a weapon but still, right at the fruits?)
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top