Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 1:57:54 PM EDT
I got a 2nd thermal (added a FLIR RS32 35mm to my Nivisys UTAC-32M) for a variety of reasons:  I can now record, FLIR will give me a bit more shooting distance, use the lighter weight UTAC for hand held scanning, have a back up unit, and potentially take someone else with me night hunting.

If a thermal is used as a stand alone unit and sighted in by me, if another person uses it, will it still be sighted in?  I know that is positively not always true with a regular, non thermal, daytime optic, red dot or magnifying optic.  But since the thermal uses a "TV" screen to display the view and crosshairs, could different people use it and the point of impact be the same for all users?  That would make it MUCH easier to loan to another (after suitable training and safety instruction) that would be sitting next to me as we watched over a field or food plot for hogs or coyotes.

Of course, without a doubt, if the guest had enough rail space in front of their day optic on their rifle and the day optic was low enough power, use the UTAC as a clip-on with the guest using their own sight setting.  

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no parallax with any thermal scope, there should be no difference who pulls the trigger if they all pull it slowly....
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is no parallax with any thermal scope, there should be no difference who pulls the trigger if they all pull it slowly....
View Quote

Thank you.  I really want to take my son and son in law hog hunting.  Neither owns a night time suitable rifle at this time, but I will be giving an Ar to the son in law as a retirement gift.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top