Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2015 11:56:28 PM EDT

Over 1 micron?

Ohhh, something's changed

I assume this means that there's going to be a proliferation of 980nm lasers that are not visible to Gen3 now -

Of course, it's just a graph... So maybe they just drew it incorrectly

Regards

David

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where did this graph come from?
View Quote

The new photonis xr5 online information - I'm somewhat surprised myself, and will be looking further into it.

http://www.photonis.com/en/content/104-nightvision-xr5-gen3

regards,

David
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm assuming this is related to their new INTENS tube? Lol, I almost said Extendz
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm assuming this is related to their new INTENS tube? Lol, I almost said Extendz
View Quote

This is what I am wondering - Increased spectral response is one of the new features, but it's never been revealed before exactly what the spectral response of the new tubes is. It is known to extend well into the blue, whereas the older Super S25 didn't as much IIRC, but the far right of the graph caught my eye - usually those graphs are pretty accurate ( though admittedly it appears to be an older Gen3 PC response graph ) so it does leave me wondering if it really does have that extended IR response -

I guess this one is going to go into the "mystery" list until we can find out if it's accurate -

Regards

David
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Neat. PC chemistry is fun stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
yes there seems to be glossy web pages about the intens tube but no real content , just carefully worded claims to its performance
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I might be wrong but I remember seeing that graph been up there for quite some time, so it might be XR5 not Intens.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I might be wrong but I remember seeing that graph been up there for quite some time, so it might be XR5 not Intens.
View Quote

It is XR5, however I don't think Photonis have ever clarified if their Intens range is graded the same way as their other tubes... And there seems to be a linear progression of their tubes performance over time.

But you are correct - this might not be their Intens product at all - I remember seeing many graphs of QE for XR5 tubes before and knew there was a likely cross-over point, but that's the first time I've seen it. I get the feeling it's not something we would have missed in the past.

Still though, this doesn't really explain the graph either way - that's a really high DQE whatever the case.

David

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is XR5, however I don't think Photonis have ever clarified if their Intens range is graded the same way as their other tubes... And there seems to be a linear progression of their tubes performance over time.

But you are correct - this might not be their Intens product at all - I remember seeing many graphs of QE for XR5 tubes before and knew there was a likely cross-over point, but that's the first time I've seen it. I get the feeling it's not something we would have missed in the past.

Still though, this doesn't really explain the graph either way - that's a really high DQE whatever the case.

David

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

David

I wondered about that grading of Intens too and guess it's to come. They do sell them as commercial spec already that have some faults and no autogating, but I doubt there's enough demand to get rid of all of the lower spec than what the Intens mil spec is. Or will they just continues using the new photocathode in all of their new tubes, including XD4 and XR5, who knows.

High DQE? Is that higher than what we've seen before? At the 1000nm point it is obviously, but do you remember seeing lower values at lower wavelenghts in the past?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top