Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2015 2:45:52 PM EDT
Just ordered an EOG original CW Short set for the bucket(ACH)
to offset a single 14.

What's your favorite CW and why?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
OSOE NSW Helmet ballast from TNVC.   Holds a ton of batteries and a MS2000 strobe.  

Don't know how anything else sells with this thing around (other than an anvis battery pack)
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the EOG low profile short counterweight on my Crye Nightcap and love it.  It is very small, allows for customizing the amount of weight, and rolls up nicely into the cap for storage in a pocket or pack.  On my helmet, which I hardly use since having bought the Nightcap, I use an OTIS cleaning kit with some batteries and weight added.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Battery pack for a PAS-29
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

didn't know the COTI could use an auxiliary battery pack.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Black velcro pouch with flat lead plates in it. I add or remove plates as needed. Fishing weights or lead shot works well also.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Are there any companies that make custom counterweight pouches?

One of the pouches that I like the look and function of is the Ops-Core Counterweight Kit. The ability to leave the hooks on the helmet, while able to remove the pouch seems handy.

However I'm looking for a custom pouch that is large enough to hold the transformer of my PNV-57E. It's 2.5" deep, 5.5" wide, and 3" tall.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup I have one. It's nice cause it sucks down batteries,
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are there any companies that make custom counterweight pouches?

One of the pouches that I like the look and function of is the Ops-Core Counterweight Kit. The ability to leave the hooks on the helmet, while able to remove the pouch seems handy.

However I'm looking for a custom pouch that is large enough to hold the transformer of my PNV-57E. It's 2.5" deep, 5.5" wide, and 3" tall.
View Quote

I love the Ops core CW and have them on both Team Wendy helmets and Ops core.
Check out the new US Palm battery bouch. I put one on my GFs helmet and I think it's the size you need.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On my high cut ballistic helmet, i was using the OSOE NSW battery/strobe pouch. I wasn't a fan because of back heavy it made my helmet when I wasn't using NODs.
View Quote

You can just rip the OSOE off as its just Velcro'd on.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just ordered an EOG original CW Short set for the bucket(ACH)
to offset a single 14.

What's your favorite CW and why?
View Quote

Old molle pistol mag pouch lashed to the helmet with 550 cord. Gerber multi tool for the counterweight. I just can't see myself carrying lead weights around.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On my high cut ballistic helmet, i was using the OSOE NSW battery/strobe pouch. I wasn't a fan because of back heavy it made my helmet when I wasn't using NODs.

I love my osoe
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I looked at a few nice counterweights. But they're all pretty pricey to get up to the great white north. So I settled on "The Nut Sack" (pat pending)

With the MS2000 and batteries I get just over 12 oz counterweight. But I've only got a solo PVS-14 on there and so far it seems to get the job done. I've heard of other guys sewing pouches of lead shot to get a more flexible weight bag.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Can anybody suggest a strobe and-or batteries pouch made by someone OTHER than OSOE. I ordered from them once in 2007, it's now 2015 and I still don't have my gear, JW knows about this and thinks it is funny.

I do want a strobe/batteries pouch, but I sure as hell wont support that douche. I would also like to have an alternative option to share with others here when this question arises.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#19]
He has pretty much publicly come out and said he will NEVER send me my gear, and that I am a shit talker (which is now true in this case and I will always be mad about this situation).

I still paid for my gear just the same and what he is doing is wrong. If you are selling his merch you should know that he is morally bankrupt.

If you actually know John you can ask him about me, but right as he got out of jail and was rebuilding his business, he was active with direct sales on forums, he made some "I want to trade stuff I need for gear" threads and I sent him a bunch of guitar gear for christmas (for his son to learn on no less) and we had agreed it was worth a custom chest rig, and also that he would try and help me out on expediting my order a bit since I helped him out with his Christmas situation a lot.

After a couple years and no gear, and lots of excuses, I called him out on his BS and was made a PNG right away I gave him ample opportunities to send me any in stock gear just to end it, he does not care.

Another guy Sent him a bunch of power tools and is in the same boat as I am even today.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hmmm. Have you tried ordering from us with the gear? We carry a full line of many brands. Never heard OSOE purposely ripping someone off we know them pretty well. IM me and I can talk to the right people for ya if need be.

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can anybody suggest a strobe and-or batteries pouch made by someone OTHER than OSOE. I ordered from them once in 2007, it's now 2015 and I still don't have my gear, JW knows about this and thinks it is funny.

I do want a strobe/batteries pouch, but I sure as hell wont support that douche. I would also like to have an alternative option to share with others here when this question arises.

Hmmm. Have you tried ordering from us with the gear? We carry a full line of many brands. Never heard OSOE purposely ripping someone off we know them pretty well. IM me and I can talk to the right people for ya if need be.

Vic

Theres a warning about him and his company stickied in the tactical gear forum
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Also, I don't mean to derail this thread.

I am gonna buy that Spartan Village one, does anybody have it already, how is it? Never heard of them before.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
On my base jump I have the Ops Core counter weight. I like how it uses the strap bolts to attach, and not just the velcro.

I've got a new ballistic helmet coming in and I'm hoping just an MS2000 will be enough, and if so I'm looking at the Spartan Village Strobe Carrier
View Quote

Yeah,
When funds allow a FAST Ballistic, the Ops-Core Counterweight will be on there. Looks like a well engineered and seamless piece of kit.

I considered the OSOE pouch several times for the ole' ACH, since I'll be running a strobe and a CW, but that bitch always looked way huge(reputation/antics
of JW aside).

I'm Really digging that Spartan Village CW-S setup. Looks a lot more uh,"Spartan" and stream lined, than the OSOE.
Even though the EOG is on the way, I just might have to give that a try as well.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I looked at a few nice counterweights. But they're all pretty pricey to get up to the great white north. So I settled on "The Nut Sack" (pat pending)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7626/16667054267_9f49aca3f7_c.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8598/16686971790_77ace03f06_c.jpg

With the MS2000 and batteries I get just over 12 oz counterweight. But I've only got a solo PVS-14 on there and so far it seems to get the job done. I've heard of other guys sewing pouches of lead shot to get a more flexible weight bag.

View Quote

Is that a dedicated MS2000 pouch with a slit at the top, or do you need to keep the flap open for strobe operation?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Rif

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm a big DIY guy and bought a section of 5/8" thick lead rod from RotoMetals and cut it up into 5 equal length sections. Then wrapped it in elecrical tape for grip and put it in a Velcro-backed shotgun shell scabbard. It works for me, was cheap, and only about 30 mins of work.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spartan Village

Awesome product from Spartan Village

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Weighed the Spartan Village counter-weight tonight

The counter weight with MS2000 was 21.85 oz.

And the bag weighed in exactly as advertised, 15 oz.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Figured out a pouch for my transformer, an East German UTV Grenade Pouch. I have over a dozen of these darn things. Had to undo the threading that held the grenade divider, but that didn't damage the pouch. The pouch is waterproof and has decent closure. Holds the transformer and battery pack as needed.

All I need to do now is get my helmet cover in to attach velcro to both the cover and pouch. Maybe I'll add some attachment similar to the OpsCore counterweight pouch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any thoughts about trying to modify it to use a lighter, more compact, modern battery?
View Quote

Not really. That large pack is the transformer. I don't understand enough the Soviet electronics to replace the transformer supplying power going to the goggles. However I have found plans to reduce the weight of the transformer by removing downstep voltage circuitry.

I power the goggles with a LiPo battery, which works well enough. Pretty simple to power, just connect wires to the power cable that originally went to a Soviet tank or helicopter power port.

The overall weight of the transformer is about 20oz or so. Seems pretty close to most counterweights I've seen others mention.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Nope it's actually a Kestrel Windmeter pouch. Pretty sure it was done by Tyr tactical?

One of the things I've been finding when out with the other guys using NV is that lots of the IR markers are pretty damn bright. That's why the V-lite is now on the top.

So, when the lid is down, the strobe is muted, but light still leaks out the sides. When the pouch top is open and tucked under the helmet cover elastic, the strobe is at 100%. With the nut-sack in there the strobe's secure in the pouch.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#35]
$20? Hot damn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top