Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 7:28:05 PM EDT
Yes, I love my IR Hunter MK2, but when you really need to reach out and touch something hundreds of yards away....

Look what Mr Fedex dropped off today. No zeroing, just clip it on!

The Sun is setting, the Night is calling, I have to go.....

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Fpni

op, how about some details?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome! Super Nice Kit!

And the moon is up bright right now!

Go get 'em....
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
CNVD-LR.

Schweet. Beats the MUNS to stuffin' IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for AAR.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice! I'm jealous a Clip On that a mere mortal can carry without needing a Sherpa.  

I so wanted to get out for one last night but the temp is 9 degrees and falling and the wind chill is said to be -15 to -25
I guess this guy will be the last one of the season. He fell to the KAC PVS-26 the other day night .
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice songdog, I'm going out to get some myself...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
One of my favorites, I'm a sucker for clip-ons!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
What is that, about Nine Grand?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be an excellent deal at that price.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I googled it and saw one for 9250.00 I think
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#13]
How long was the wait?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:43:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I used to think digi scopes would replace the tube in say 15 years or so. I still think digi scopes will be part of the future. Thermal is getting so good and cheap I made need to rethink. Thermal may just be the tube killer of the future.

Time will tell but recognition is getting real close to what a tube can do.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nah, Vic can get you a better deal than that.

Quoted:
How long was the wait?

Almost 11 months. Had I ordered it a few weeks earlier, I would have had it in a few weeks. Production was down most of 2014, but it appears it is back up now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I used to think digi scopes would replace the tube in say 15 years or so. I still think digi scopes will be part of the future. Thermal is getting so good and cheap I made need to rethink. Thermal may just be the tube killer of the future.

Time will tell but recognition is getting real close to what a tube can do.
View Quote

I think the next generation of devices will be a mixture of technologies; a sort of fork in the road. It will take a while for the dust to settle and which dominant technology will take over.

You have innovation in the traditional i2 arena; technology like Intevacvs digital-output image intensifier. photonis has some interesting ideas regarding the spectrum of i2, enhanced sensitivity to visible light spectrum, plus Intevac is working towards sensitivity in the near IR range too.

Seperate from i2, thermal devices are rapidly dropping in price, and the quality is about where it needs to be for true identification at range. In the low-end, cheaper thermal sensors paired with visible spectrum cameras and image processing could be a game changer in the detection arena.

There are even other, conceptually strange means of detection, some of which don't even really count as optical sensors, weird science stuff.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Personally I think digital will replace tubes. However, I think when that happens it will be units that can switch between thermal, digital nvg and fusion. Then when that happens my finances will be utterly destroyed as I will drop insane amounts of money on a unit like that. Although, I am not currently interested in the fusion systems I foresee a day when every PFC and Lance Corporal will have a unit like I described. He will be whining about how terrible they are and how they don't work. We will have them on our wish lists or be actively slaying critters with them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Almost 11 months. Had I ordered it a few weeks earlier, I would have had it in a few weeks. Production was down most of 2014, but it appears it is back up now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long was the wait?

I know those feels bro. I ordered one last March and finally gave up around September. If production is back up I may need to revisit the CNVD-LR.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had the pvs24 for a few months now and have really been itching for its big brother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top