Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 8:18:08 PM EDT
Reading Gman1971's post, I realize it has been awhile since I have done any research.

What other housings have been available for a PVS-7 style tube besides the typical binocular / splitter ones?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Reading Gman1971's post, I realize it has been awhile since I have done any research.

What other housings have been available for a PVS-7 style tube besides the typical binocular / splitter ones?

Thanks!
View Quote

Hey there, I can't confirm if the MX-10130 tube will work in the following housings (since I don't have an MX-10130 tube to test), but based on the blueprints it looks like they will fit.

The housings that I think will work are the Armasight Avenger monocular and the old ATN night spirit 2 (monocular) Both take a 43 mm diameter non-inverting tubes. These scopes have a 2.65 volt regulated power supply that can take either a CR123 or a single AA.

However, with that said, these housings are more of a spotting scope than something you can use for wearing in your head. They are great in a tripod for stargazing tho, and the two of those are C-mount lens compatible so you can put pretty nice lenses in there.

G.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
They were used in some older rifle scopes and the MX-10130C can be used in the PVS-7 A/C and the B/D housing versions made by ITT and Litton. It was used in the Litton Ranger series rifle scopes. I don't know of any monocular it can be used in off my head. I am sure some other older housings used it but from memory this is all I got.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]
some of the ps22 front mount sights use the pvs7 tube but some use the thinner russian tube
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
With the low cost of -7s you'd think someone would make a monocular body for it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the low cost of -7s you'd think someone would make a monocular body for it.
View Quote

That was my thought as well. Some telescope guy who knew of a thin optical inverting lens...

In fact. I coulda swore BE Meyers or wilcox or somebody did just that, but my research I think was lost in a recent hdd crash. Plus, it would be good to archive here for the future.

Wonder what a body for something that used a pvs14 eyepiece, and maybe a pvs7 front optic with an inverting lens glued in it from shapeways would run?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That was my thought as well. Some telescope guy who knew of a thin optical inverting lens...

In fact. I coulda swore BE Meyers or wilcox or somebody did just that, but my research I think was lost in a recent hdd crash. Plus, it would be good to archive here for the future.

Wonder what a body for something that used a pvs14 eyepiece, and maybe a pvs7 front optic with an inverting lens glued in it from shapeways would run?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The eyepiece of the 14 is pretty narrow and the 43 mm tube is pretty wide so the housing will be much bigger diameter than the threads on the 14 eyepiece. As for inverting the image, eBay has every once in a while some fiberoptic twist blocks for 9 bucks (they are a bit damaged, but these will probably work okay instead of using inverting optics (all all the distortion associated with them)

G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top