Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Indeed...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can kill a shit ton of hogs with a good gen 3 740/760 or clip on unit. Does one work better than the other?  That depends on conditions. If your hog hunting black really stands out using I2. With a good tube you can hunt the darkest nights without a illuminator and still have good range. Open areas like pastures are much better than river bottoms. Nights with a little moon or more you can see clear as day, and have great id on targets. Rain, fog can be a issue and give you limited range, and have issues with lens fogging.  

Now Thermal is far superior in detection over I2. In the past proper id was a hinderance due to lack of resolution. While still not on par with I2 a 640 core is dam good to ID a animal. Like someone previously mentioned the more you use thermal the easier it will become to ID a animal due to the way the animal moves. Thermal can still have problems in certain conditions. Take a relatively cool overcast day that is windy and you will be looking at a washed out image in your viewer.  Also, on nights were a front comes through and you have a wind chill effect your image will degrade over the course of he night.

Navigation I2 can't be beat. A pvs or dual set up with a thermal viewer paired with a quality gen 3 scope is pretty hard to beat for hog hunting.

Indeed...

+1   That is the setup that I use....PVS-14, M24, and D740.....and suppressed 6.8.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top