Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2014 10:45:16 AM EDT
I have a model 02608-7. It didn't come with instructions.

Does anyone know the methodology for programming the mockingbird function?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm also interested in this information.

I've seen instructions that call for "screwing in the lens" but I have absolutely no reference points to go by?
lens? (do you mean the battery cover?) (do you mean the clear lens covering the LEDs?) (do you mean the rotating bezel?)

thanks for any direction.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone have an idea how to do this?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
this is strait from TNVC's sight.
I assume it would be the same for this strobe as well

by "signature" they mean taking another light and flashing it into the lens in the pattern you want.

Programming the Guardian IR Mockingbird:

First, be sure to be in a subdued light environment. Flip the battery, screw down the lens and wait a couple seconds for a quick IR flash (dull red glow) to come from the light.

When finished making your signature, take all light sources away and then wait for two quick flashes from the Guardian IR Mockingbird (This happens around five seconds after you stopped flashing a light in front of it) to confirm that it has recorded. Then, unscrew the lens.

When you flip the battery back to its original position, it will play what it has recorded.
View Quote

link
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah, I saw that.

it doesn't work.

I did get a copy of the directions from Adventure Lights, Here is the dropbox link to them.

VIPIR MOCKINGBIRD INSTRUCTIONS
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for taking the time for me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I needed a copy also.
so my motivations were slightly more self serving than that..

... but glad that I found it.

BTW,
Whomever posted that CRAP set of directions to the TNVC site should be sent home early.. that's not even CLOSE to how you program the Mockingbird.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
that set of directions on our site is the way to program the guardian lights with the mockingbird technology. you are looking for directions to program the VIP IR with mockingbird technology. two different lights, two different gens.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I needed a copy also.
so my motivations were slightly more self serving than that..

... but glad that I found it.

BTW,
Whomever posted that CRAP set of directions to the TNVC site should be sent home early.. that's not even CLOSE to how you program the Mockingbird.

that set of directions on our site is the way to program the guardian lights with the mockingbird technology. you are looking for directions to program the VIP IR with mockingbird technology. two different lights, two different gens.  

alright, I retract my sharp criticism.  
(I doubt y'all sent the guy home, anyway)..

for the record, your company provided those exact same directions to a guy on the AK-47 thread
HERE IS THE LINK
when he requested the instructions for the VIP IR light.

now, you have the correct instructions (my link above).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top