Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2014 6:39:33 PM EDT
do you run the nv over your strong eye or weak?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Weak eye
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
so shooting both eyes open the nv picks up the dot and  superimposes it just like daytime shooting?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so shooting both eyes open the nv picks up the dot and  superimposes it just like daytime shooting?
View Quote

In theory, but for some it takes practice and for others who have STRONG cross-eye dominance (me) it's much more difficult.

C'mon over and give it a try for yourself.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I also use my weak eye for NV. Trying to pick up the dot on my Aimpoint while wearing NODs is a pita! I use a IR laser instead.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Because of the same cross eye issue as Mr Horta, I love running a PVS-14 over my left eye(My dominant) and shoot right handed. I can run a dot that way but REALLY prefer a laser by a LONG shot.

But seriously this isn't even a question if you run BINOs like all the cool kids. Just sayin.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But seriously this isn't even a question if you run BINOs like all the cool kids. Just sayin.
View Quote

Speaking of binos, do you really have a set, MrPlayer? I haven't seen any recent photos of you in them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah....um well.......recently my camera broke.......and then the dog ate my homework.......
And then my wife wouldn't let me go out.......
And um......er........um........

On a completely unrelated note I have my eye n a set of PVS-15s
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top