Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2014 6:07:11 PM EDT
When I turn my Eotech on using the NV button as described in the manual I see nothing through a PVS14.  Hit the NV button again and I see a reticle through the PVS14 but when I move that out of the way I can also see it with the naked eye.  I don't want to cause any burn in on the PVS tube so I am leery to use it this way.  Any thoughts from the experts here?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
if its on the brightest nv level then it can be seen with the eye, i dont trust mine to come on in the nv mode so i would allways turn it on then fit the pvs14 on when i know its ok .
i even sent them a mail sugesting it should have  a proper way of isolating the full power but it seems its not part of the requirement for the main customers . i marked my tube for an hour or so when it came on too bright one time - lucky it went away but its put me off the eotech  it a bit , pity really as i like the eotech with its fine aiming ret in daylight
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you remembering to take the day filter cap off when you try it? I can't see the NV reticle on mine with it on the PVS 14. After it's removed, everything is fine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
if gain is turned down too low or day cap is on, you will not see the reticle on its default brightness when it first comes on.  Try turning on the NV reticle, then click up the brightness or the gain.  As someone else said the NV reticle on its brightest setting is visible with the naked eye.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Had the day cap off. It was the gain, I had to turn it way up.  I think I will run the PVS head mounted as soon as the  ATPIAL comes in but wanted to have the option. Thanks for reminding me there is a gain on the silly thing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top