Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2014 6:28:21 PM EDT
So I recently picked up an Insight Technologies MTM thermal monocular and as seem to be the general trend with used units it did not come with an image transfer cable. I have scoured the net and every board I can find but it seems like these little buggers are rarer than hens teeth by themselves. Does anybody have a line on a good source for these? Any idea on what a fair price would be for the cable alone, new or used? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-CMM
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I recently picked up an Insight Technologies MTM thermal monocular and as seem to be the general trend with used units it did not come with an image transfer cable. I have scoured the net and every board I can find but it seems like these little buggers are rarer than hens teeth by themselves. Does anybody have a line on a good source for these? Any idea on what a fair price would be for the cable alone, new or used? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-CMM
View Quote

Zemperfi1971

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Any ideas folks?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any ideas folks?
View Quote

no joy via zemper?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Just shot him an IM, I didn't know what you were getting at simply posting a screen name.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
IR Hunter Mark 2 appears to be the same. Eight pins surrounding one in the center. I cant tell you for sure. I sold my mtm to fund this scope. Maybe call IR Defense and ask if its the same. I think thiers cost me $175
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
If you'll pay to have a copy(ies) made, I'll donate one that was donated to me, if it's cool by the original donor.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Pay it forward brother!!

'Tis the season of giving.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually managed to find one fellas, thanks a lot for the help.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I actually managed to find one fellas, thanks a lot for the help.
View Quote

Zemper?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]
No, never heard back from him. I was fortunate enough to acquire a pair of cables from a local dealer (had to buy them both but hey, how often does that opportunity present itself). One of them works perfectly but the other appears to have a software issue. When downloading it will recognize the individual .tif photo files but they will not display. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No, never heard back from him. I was fortunate enough to acquire a pair of cables from a local dealer (had to buy them both but hey, how often does that opportunity present itself). One of them works perfectly but the other appears to have a software issue. When downloading it will recognize the individual .tif photo files but they will not display. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
View Quote

Out of all the MTM's I've owned (and I've owned many) I've never actually downloaded photos. I'll record video directly from the MTM to a UNV MDVR and will pull still from that if necessary (which never has been, as video is too much fun).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top