User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 8:53:51 PM EDT
That you posted about here?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
That you posted about here?
View Quote

Turns out they were Dipol housings and I never got Frenchy to send any to me. Then I tried to get in touch directly with Dipol in Belarus to no avail. They did not respond to emails or even phone calls.

They were harder to get in touch with than L3.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Too bad. Seems like it might be a decent option for a low-cost nvd.

Edit: I find it interesting that the "on" "off" "ir" settings are all in English, despite being made in Belarus.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. Too bad. Seems like it might be a decent option for a low-cost nvd.

Edit: I find it interesting that the "on" "off" "ir" settings are all in English, despite being made in Belarus.
View Quote

Take a look at N-Vision Optics GT-14. It's (as far as I know) the best low cost option for a housing. It's optics are pretty nice, has a slightly wider FOV than say a MUM (so I guess it's something 42-43 deg) which is really nice. The downsides compared to a MUM: a bit heavier, not everyone likes the on/off button, minor distortion at the edges of the image, small exit pupil and short eye relief. What those mean in practice: distortions annoy when turning (very minor annoyance I say), the small eye relief and exit pupil means use with glasses is hard, it needs to be pressed close to your eye to see a perfect image.

The FOV is something I miss when changed over to a MUM.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting...

I wonder if N-vision sells the housings direct, or if you need to go through a dealer, and -of course- what they run price-wise.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess they will sell them direct, just email them and ask. I don't know much about US shops obviously so can't say where you could find a body for the best price if they don't sell you one directly. But so far every (= not many) US based manufacturer I have contacted about non-ITAR products has been willing to sell direct. That might be of course a different situation as not all products have a reseller over here.

But if I remember this right, the GT14 is around $450-$550 which would be a good deal I say. It also comes with a broad range of accessories, including a camera adapter which was a nice surprise (not a perfect adapter, but does it's job ok).

Edit: also for $675 you can have the NVM 2AA which is top notch and still affordable. http://abnightvision.com/NVM2AA.html
I haven't used that one, but I have read really positive words on this forum about the 2AA. It can't be bad as it uses good optics.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Great info, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top