Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 4:09:29 PM EDT
Just emailed them ref a BNVD housing that they have for sale on Ebay. Rcv'd sort a strange response back....

I had asked what the total would be if I sent in two PVS-14s so he could remove the tubes and then properly mount and purge the BNVD. The answer was about $100 off the price of the BNVD housing and he keeps the PVS-14 bodies.

Essentially he's telling me that he keeps $1200 worth of parts and I get a $100 discount. My intention is to keep the PVS14 bodies and just wait for a deal on the some tubes.

Is this guy legit? Perhaps it's just a misunderstanding due to the tyranny of email?

Edit: I think the answer is Tyranny of email. Labor costs ar $1000 to mount the tubes in the BNVD housing. I understand that they're not drop-in, ala PVS-14, and the leads require significant labor. So based on the $1000 in labor his numbers are about right.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
These guys:

Glynn Sziraki
NIGHT VISION INC.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
That doesn't sound like Larry.

Ownthenight.com is run by Larry but a quick Google search shows the person you're talking to runs ownnight.com. Different folks.

Larry is g2g but I don't have any experience with Glynn or ownnight.com.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These guys:

Glynn Sziraki
NIGHT VISION INC.
View Quote

I have talked with Glynn before about some parts I needed. Seemed like a nice fella and I had no issues with him at all. Believe I met him at SHOT once but it was awhile ago.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have talked with Glynn before about some parts I needed. Seemed like a nice fella and I had no issues with him at all. Believe I met him at SHOT once but it was awhile ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These guys:

Glynn Sziraki
NIGHT VISION INC.

Yup. We were both just jamming away on quick emails and slightly crossed wires. He seems GTG.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought a pvs-7 from Glynn.  Good unit, good price.  G2g.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I converted my 14s in to a set of bnvd dual gain from night vision depot. Total cost for a new bnvd housing and swapping everything over was only $1400. And I got to keep my housings.  I couldn't see 1000 in labor...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top