Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 8:35:39 AM EDT
One of my local surplus stores just advertised on facebook that they've got some AN/PVS-14's for sale for $900. I'm assuming these are used surplus.

Is that a good deal, and what should I be looking for when inspecting used ones?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#1]
For 900 bucks it is hard to go wrong unless it is a complete basket case. The used housing alone in decent shape is worth 600 bucks conservatively. If the tube is clean and works you just made money. I assume at this price they are older dual battery non gated units. Just make sure everything works and the tube has no glaring burns or defects. Post some pics here and make sure they have some kind of return policy.

If it works you are really GTG at that price. Look for major blemishes in the tube or obvious signs of damage. A few spots in the tube would not concern me at 900 bucks. Hard to lose here unless it was totally abused.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
One of my local surplus stores just advertised on facebook that they've got some AN/PVS-14's for sale for $900. I'm assuming these are used surplus.

Is that a good deal, and what should I be looking for when inspecting used ones?
View Quote

What surplus store is this. If it's not toast it would be a decent buy even just for a loaner.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Also, where is this surplus store?

Eta: I'm slow
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, where is this surplus store?

Eta: I'm slow
View Quote

It's actually a local airsoft field that's trying to expand their proshop into the prepper/survivalist market. They have almost zero web presence, but the owner just mentioned this on Facebook.

No pictures of the devices. They're about a 74 minute drive from me, but I was planning to go up there this weekend anyways.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

ETA: Temple Airsoft.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

What should you be looking out for with a $900 PVS-14? Agent Wu....

Unless it's cactus, that's very very cheap...

Look for any indication that it may be "volunteered surplus"

That's about it. For $900,the only other think you look for is a green glow :)

And maybe that an image forms... In the dark... And without shading...

David

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd decent condition you should be able to score an inexpensive dual tube setup for well under normal price of a regular pvs 14, INCLUDING a quality mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top