Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2014 3:31:36 PM EDT
I currently have a Unimax IR + Unimax Laser setup on both sides of a quad rail (3 o'clock and 9 o'clock). I've been debating on selling both and moving to a single device that performs both functions. The current setup was cheap and meets my needs, but I'm not a huge fan of button batteries. I was wondering if anyone else did something similar and moved over to a single device.

Was it worth it? Any thoughts / Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the 100% exact same situation right now.  Just posted a thread about the available options.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/434290_IR___Visible_Slaved_Laser_Options.html

Right now, leaning to the CQBL-1 that Optics Planet with coupon, etc., is running right at $700.  The slaved feature is a deal breaker for me.  I'm tired of f%&#^*(ing around with zeroing both of them with those tiny hex wrenches.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still torn. I don't like having to sight both devices in, but one they are set, its really a non issue. My current setup works, but I I've had dead batteries a couple of times, simply because the UniMax is easy to flip on while in my my safe looking for something else. Problem is... my budget to replace this is ~$500.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm still torn. I don't like having to sight both devices in, but one they are set, its really a non issue. My current setup works, but I I've had dead batteries a couple of times, simply because the UniMax is easy to flip on while in my my safe looking for something else. Problem is... my budget to replace this is ~$500.
View Quote

I ditched the lasermax because of fast battery drain. They are good for the price but I personally think the CT railmaster is better for an IR laser (sturdier/ better switch/ better battery access).

If you don't have a slaved laser I don't really see the point of the vis laser. You would be better off just going to a IR setup.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you don't have a slaved laser I don't really see the point of the vis laser. You would be better off just going to a IR setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really sure what you mean here. I have the vis laser for daytime use without the NOD.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not really sure what you mean here. I have the vis laser for daytime use without the NOD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh ok. I had assumed you had the laser to assist with zeroing or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty impressed with my little unimax IR. I have a dbal and it definitely has more cool factor but I can't say that having both is necessarily worse than the dbal. Only problem i have with the unimax is being conscious about not snagging the buttons but i made a little cover.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top