Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2014 9:54:38 PM EDT
.......to the tune of 20 5/8ths.  

To take advantage of the inevitable TNVC thanksgiving sale (additional L3 PVS-14 and a bridge mount.....) I have to have a secondary setup for her....because of course, this one will be "hers" .

Does anyone make a helmet that will work for such a small noggin?  My dual-tube Her setup depends on it!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about helmets, but Crye Nightcap should fit all sizes. I run it with a dual MUM and it's great
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know about helmets, but Crye Nightcap should fit all sizes. I run it with a dual MUM and it's great
View Quote

I have one of those, I'll try it with her.  She tried it before and Im pretty sure it was slightly too big for her.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Ops-Core skull crusher?

Strange that they don't mention a size range for it... but I doubt she'd want to strap that to her head lol.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my very petite wife an OpsCore Fast Base Jump in size S/M; TNVC special ordered it for me.  It is really small.

I'll measure her noggin when she wakes up.

ETA - I just confirmed the measurement for my wife, and she is coincidentally also 20 5/8".  The S/M OC fits her just fine.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got my very petite wife an OpsCore Fast Base Jump in size S/M; TNVC special ordered it for me.  It is really small.

I'll measure her noggin when she wakes up.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/murderman_/media/resizeIMG_0827_zpscc135c45.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/murderman_/resizeIMG_0827_zpscc135c45.jpg</a>

ETA - I just confirmed the measurement for my wife, and she is coincidentally also 20 5/8".  The S/M OC fits her just fine.

View Quote

Hahaha, excellent.  Thank you very much.

Too bad team wendy doesn't make one that small....I just got one and like it way better than the ops core I sold.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to try and help out with your quest.  There aren't as many options for folks like our ladies with those smaller dimensions, but at least there is something decent.

I have a couple of OCs that I bought before TW made it to the game.  I have been running the Base Jump for a while, primarily since it works so well with my comms headsets.

We did a shoot last night, and I made it a point to check out a friend's Exfil LTP more thoroughly, as well as again this AM since the out-of-towner stayed over after the shoot, and it is indeed a bit more comfortable.

Since everything at night is suppressed, I will be buying a TW as well now to use without the headsets, for when we are on the firing line together versus mobile and physically separated.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently the small ops core is no longer made.  Any other thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
This is again possibly a useless suggestion / idea, but if the cirumference of Nightcap is suitable (ie it can be tightened from the back enough) the rest of the straps can be quite easily made shorter. Just open the stitches on the four straps (from where the strap makes the loop), cut some centimeters off and then sew in place again. Just an idea if no other solutions seem to come by.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Small ACH. I have a Large and an XL MICH 2000 and they're tiny. I can barely get my fat head into the XL with minimal padding. They're cheap on eBay and other places. Cheaper than a Ops or TW bump.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a bummer.  When I mentioned this to my wife, her prompt response was, "you better not sell MINE!"

If not going ballistic, you may have to check into airsoft/paintball type stuff, since many of those folks are women and kids.

I also IM'd you something hopefully interesting.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's a bummer.  When I mentioned this to my wife, her prompt response was, "you better not sell MINE!"

If not going ballistic, you may have to check into airsoft/paintball type stuff, since many of those folks are women and kids.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANK YOU.

I found a black ops core on there after doing a little more poking and got one ordered.  Seller had over 11K + feedback so hopefully it is legit.  I'll post some pictures when I get it, but luckily I just sold mine so I should have a good idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top