Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2014 3:57:44 PM EDT
I wonder how many PVS-22 clip on clones there are available, and how would you all rate them?

Least expensive 22 I have seen is $8,000 and normally more.  I would like to keep under $5,000 unless quality, reliability, service suck.

I am currently using a 20 year old ITT 2.5 x 10 x 56 with gen 3+ and owul dlike something adaptable to my other target scopes.  

I see armasight makes a medium and long range model but I have never used one.  

Advice appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Word from reading on here not my own opinion is a clip on is the hardest NV to get optically perfect and the lesser models are junk.  But I know nothing personally Vic will answer this one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wonder how many PVS-22 clip on clones there are available, and how would you all rate them?

Least expensive 22 I have seen is $8,000 and normally more.  I would like to keep under $5,000 unless quality, reliability, service suck.

I am currently using a 20 year old ITT 2.5 x 10 x 56 with gen 3+ and owul dlike something adaptable to my other target scopes.  

I see armasight makes a medium and long range model but I have never used one.  

Advice appreciated.
View Quote

Not sure if your ITT Day/Night scope eyepiece threads onto the scope or if it has the quick connect pin system.
If it is the QD pin system and you are happy with the unit you might be able to acquire additional Day scopes and use the one NV unit on multiple firearms.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
CTM1,

It is a fine thread pitch with single index pin.

I am happy with range and resolution but it only returns to zero within 2 - 3 MOA from day to night ocular eye piece.

Also, it has never tracked perfectly for windage though elevation is good to excellent.    

20 years old now, and I will have to replace it eventually.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Armasight CO-X clip on and it is remarkable. I have no detectable shift when using it, I'm not saying there is none but it is so small that my groups don't show a shift. No specs in the image and it's rated up to .300WM. It is one hell of a unit for the money! I highly recommend them....

[

I plan on hunting yotes with it next month using my SPR....
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Ghostface,

Nice set up.

Thanks.  

Is the Armasite a tad high from centerline of your scope?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes it is but perfect alignment is preferred but it isn't required for it to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top