Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 7:54:07 PM EDT
Any suggestions for a modular dual 14 bridge mount that will work with Norotos dovetail? I purchased the N vision dual PVS 14 unit and am not very impressed with it. Especially for the $$$.  Very loose tolerances from the dovetail fit to the removable arms.  With the tolerance stacking it sounds like a rattle-trap when moving around, not to mention the eye alignment is constantly moving and requiring adjustment.  Does anyone have experience with the Mod armory mount? Any suggestions appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out this previous thread on the subject Bridge Mount. The bridge mount shown works excellent! I bought one, and haven't regretted it a bit!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
MOD Armory
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

MOD Armory
View Quote
Found a vid on the MOD armory.  Looks well made and solid as a rock, ordered it.   It's too bad the N Vision is not built better because it seems like a great design, however the craftsmanship is crapsmanship.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Found a vid on the MOD armory.  Looks well made and solid as a rock, ordered it.   It's too bad the N Vision is not built better because it seems like a great design, however the craftsmanship is crapsmanship.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

MOD Armory

I believe you will be very happy with your purchase.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any suggestions for a modular dual 14 bridge mount that will work with Norotos dovetail? I purchased the N vision dual PVS 14 unit and am not very impressed with it. Especially for the $$$.  Very loose tolerances from the dovetail fit to the removable arms.  With the tolerance stacking it sounds like a rattle-trap when moving around, not to mention the eye alignment is constantly moving and requiring adjustment.  Does anyone have experience with the Mod armory mount? Any suggestions appreciated.
View Quote

Could you give some more details about what you didn't like about the N-Vision adapter - I'm very seriously looking at picking one up ASAP -

Was it the dovetail to the mount that was loose - or the center bridge to the rings where the monoculars connect?  

I'm assuming that when you say the eye-alignment is constantly moving and needing adjustment - my guess is that you're talking about the monoculars drooping from the weight, and needing to be pivoted back up to the proper eye relief?  Or is it another kind of problem?  

Thanks,
~Augee
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Not the OP, but I can say that I am also disappointed in this mount.

I have had to shim both the dovetail and the individual arms to prevent excessive wobble.  The dovetail was a loose fit in both Norotos and Wilcox sockets.  The individual arms were also too loose at the center bridge.

My -14s stay in place on the individual arms, as that tension is adjustable, but if I had to do it over I would purchase the Mod Armory bridge.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Could you give some more details about what you didn't like about the N-Vision adapter - I'm very seriously looking at picking one up ASAP -
Was it the dovetail to the mount that was loose - or the center bridge to the rings where the monoculars connect?  
I'm assuming that when you say the eye-alignment is constantly moving and needing adjustment - my guess is that you're talking about the monoculars drooping from the weight, and needing to be pivoted back up to the proper eye relief?  Or is it another kind of problem?  
Thanks,

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

~Augee
Augee, I appears that I should have been more clear on the mount.  I have the N Vision ADVANCED modular dual PVS 14 bridge mount with the detachable arms.   I believe you are asking about the N Vision dual mount  with the rings.  In case I am wrong though my problems with the Advanced mount are here.

-The dovetail when mounted in the Norotos INVG has about 1/32-1/16 of in and out play.  Because of this play the entire bridge has a significant amount of rotational movement. This may or may not be fixable, depending on the possibility of replacing the male dovetail on the mount itself.  I know that I could not replace it with the Norotos dual dovetail adapter, the post that is removeable on the adapter is too wide to fit in the mount.  

-The removeable arms on the mount are, without a doubt, engineering ingenuity but the manufacturing execution is poor.  The tolerances in this joint are very liberal.  When handling the mount right out of the package I noticed the play but thought it might be ok.  Once I mounted the tubes on it and mounted it on the INVG it was obvious that it was unacceptably loose. There is up/down and rotational play allowed in both arms, conbine this with the dovetail play and the entire unit is too lose for serious use.   Because of all the loose joints the mount is also very loud, or I should say stalking hogs in the silence of night loud. If you have to turn your head quickly you are going to make a lot of noise.

I think that if the dovetail could be replaced and made to fit right the play in the modular attachment areas would still be unacceptable.  And for the $$$$ this mount costs spending more to modify it is not something I want to do.  It is too bad that the machining tolerances are not better on this mount (and it wouldn't be more difficult to make it that way) because it offers some great features.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah - gotcha - yes, I was talking about the more "simple" N-Vision mount with the rings - not the Advanced mount.

Either way, it's still good to get feedback, though, as I'm trying to gather up as much information as I can on dual mounts.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOD Armory

Spikes08 thanks for the advice on the MODarmory dual 14 bridge, you were dead on. I received it and is a solid well made mount with excellent design features.  The mount has ZERO play when mounted up and $80.00 less than the N vision chunk of.......well...mount.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Waiting in vain for the Wilcox dual PVS-14 bridge :(
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Think I'll be able to buy myself one for christmas?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top