Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#1]
So I wanted to do a full review, but pretty much everything is said on the first page. Let me just reiterate that these really do feel and perform exactly like a full power PEQ-15. I'm mil so obviously I have one on my service weapon and a couple times last night I totally forgot it wasn't the real thing on there. There's something really fun about having something this close to the real thing that you can use on your own land. Thanks again, Vic and everyone else at TNVC. I was only gonna buy one but my MK18 just might need one sometime...
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Under complete darkness I get a full circle, but if there is a little light the top and bottom wash out and I just have a bar of illumination.
View Quote

Mine does the same thing...
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Under complete darkness I get a full circle, but if there is a little light the top and bottom wash out and I just have a bar of illumination.

I've never seen a .MIL PEQ-15 that does NOT do this on low power. That's just how they work.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've never seen a .MIL PEQ-15 that does NOT do this on low power. That's just how they work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bummer
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Doing our best with more and more units getting sent out! We are in FULL COURT SHIPPING PRESS!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ATPIALS_zpsfaf5e7b8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/ATPIALS1_zps3893e434.jpg
View Quote

That is some serious coin in those boxes. Thanks for getting mine out so fast! I guess it paid off to take the lunge right away.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking Outstanding Work Gents!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Christmas early...

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish they made a 3 dot triangle filter so I could run around like predator.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!  Just got a tracking number for my PEQ-15.   Kicker is,  it's second batch.  Anyone cancel their order and help me out?  If so, thanks!  Coming Monday
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!  Just got a tracking number for my PEQ-15.   Kicker is,  it's second batch.  Anyone cancel their order and help me out?  If so, thanks!  Coming Monday
View Quote

I just got the same thing no more than an hour ago.  I was led to believe that I was 2nd batch as well.  I'm definitely not complaining though.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered black.  Maybe that's it
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wish they made a 3 dot triangle filter so I could run around like predator.
View Quote

No there's a thinking man's idea.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I can see what's said about the black bars top and bottom. Don't know if it's normal and this is a bad picture to show it but the illuminator is not round. It is shadowed top and bottom to make a more oval shape. Cannot test outside since I got to go to work but it's not like pictures on first page and even my cheapo ir laser illuminator is perfectly round. What do the expertz say?

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Can we expect a Class I PEQ-16 in the future?.

Quoted:
I can see what's said about the black bars top and bottom. Don't know if it's normal and this is a bad picture to show it but the illuminator is not round. It is shadowed top and bottom to make a more oval shape. Cannot test outside since I got to go to work but it's not like pictures on first page and even my cheapo ir laser illuminator is perfectly round. What do the expertz say?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/4ADE0317-A2DF-4AD4-9E8E-89F46D017D46_zpsk8gffxzo.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/4ADE0317-A2DF-4AD4-9E8E-89F46D017D46_zpsk8gffxzo.jpg</a>
View Quote

My LA-5C did the same thing on low and when shining onto a close wall. However it disappeared when I adjusted the focus or I pointed it further away. In either cases it turned into a circle with only a black bar on the bottom. I think it has to do with how the glass is set into the unit so either the distance or how the lens is rotated produces this effect.  Obviously you can't rotate your focus but try pointing it further away.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:35:32 AM EDT
[#18]
No pics, but I went out in the woods away from the lights and it looked great to me. Its not a perfect circle but I like it. When targeting you only see the dot in all the excitement.

Wish it would friggin' quit raining so I could go finish zeroing and go hunting. One more day of work and I'm off until Jan4. Some pigs are not going to make it to 2015.

I moved the laser all over my rail and finally decided I liked it here...for now. The FLIR sits so low anything on the top rail is visible, even a Knight's front BUIS. On the right side I can sling it up and it doesn't poke me walking around, and I can turn it on without a tape switch pretty easy. Still need to use it awhile to decide final position.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ugh, I'm not a big fan of the 16. I've had both variants and neither was that great, IMO. The visible light in both wasn't that great.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:17:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ugh, I'm not a big fan of the 16. I've had both variants and neither was that great, IMO. The visible light in both wasn't that great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang.

I just put a new build together and I grip out too far for any light to be at the 3 or 9 position. I used to run just a LAM but the lack of white light on the rifle had me worried. Maybe a X400V-IR-C would work.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My LA-5C did the same thing on low and when shining onto a close wall. However it disappeared when I adjusted the focus or I pointed it further away. In either cases it turned into a circle with only a black bar on the bottom. I think it has to do with how the glass is set into the unit so either the distance or how the lens is rotated produces this effect.  Obviously you can't rotate your focus but try pointing it further away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hangingchads/media/4ADE0317-A2DF-4AD4-9E8E-89F46D017D46_zpsk8gffxzo.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/4ADE0317-A2DF-4AD4-9E8E-89F46D017D46_zpsk8gffxzo.jpg</a>

Hmm more testing then for me. Too bad I'm at work cause I really want to play with it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No pics, but I went out in the woods away from the lights and it looked great to me. Its not a perfect circle but I like it. When targeting you only see the dot in all the excitement.

Wish it would friggin' quit raining so I could go finish zeroing and go hunting. One more day of work and I'm off until Jan4. Some pigs are not going to make it to 2015.

I moved the laser all over my rail and finally decided I liked it here...for now. The FLIR sits so low anything on the top rail is visible, even a Knight's front BUIS. On the right side I can sling it up and it doesn't poke me walking around, and I can turn it on without a tape switch pretty easy. Still need to use it awhile to decide final position.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff156/loftusj/ATPIAL-C/P1000757_zpsb6e45c1d.jpg
View Quote

Why not add a riser and than mount the FLIR to that so you can run the laser at 12 O'clock?
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why not add a riser and than mount the FLIR to that so you can run the laser at 12 O'clock?
View Quote

That would not be good IMO. I'd lose the proper cheek weld and position of the scope, which is fine as - is. Another mount = another source of slop in the mounting, more weight, something else to come loose at a critical time. Not for me.

Anyway, there's no need to have the laser at 12. At 3 is fine, and that is where I was running the DBAL this is replacing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Get outside and down range brother, you'll be fine....

....Also use those covers while indoors, will cut down the blooming considerably.

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get outside and down range brother, you'll be fine....

....Also use those covers while indoors, will cut down the blooming considerably.

Vic

Yeah I messed around with covers on and off indoors but I got it in the mail the Sam day I had to go to work so no get to test till New Years
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#26]
So, does anyone know if the Surefire SR07-D-IT is momentary only or can you double tap it for constant on like the included tape switch?
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So, does anyone know if the Surefire SR07-D-IT is momentary only or can you double tap it for constant on like the included tape switch?
View Quote

You can double tap it.

Got my ATPIAL and SR-D-IT today. It's awesome.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#28]
So what is the blue screw for on these if there is no high power?  Is it removable and does the switch still rotate to the high setting but brightness stays on low?
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You can double tap it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can double tap it.

Fantastic!! Thank you for the information.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So what is the blue screw for on these if there is no high power?  Is it removable and does the switch still rotate to the high setting but brightness stays on low?
View Quote

Screw is removable and it will just stay in low. It will howver allow you to switch to illuminator only by going to high settings but will still be low power.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Opened mine, it is fantastic!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#32]
After two failed delivery attempts, I got it yesterday! Thanks TNVC! You guys rock!

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry, I couldn't resist throwing in one more photo!

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Finally made it

b

Thanks to Vic and Kristen
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#35]

So you're not mad any longer? (I saw your HTF posting...)

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Although it was a frustraiting week of waiting all is good and TNVC took care of everything.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:58:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Screw is removable and it will just stay in low. It will however allow you to switch to illuminator only by going to high settings but will still be low power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw is removable and it will just stay in low. It will however allow you to switch to illuminator only by going to high settings but will still be low power.

I removed mine solely for the benefit of running the illuminator only, until I noticed that with the screw removed, I'm left with a hole to the internals of the otherwise well-waterproofed ATPIAL.  Worse yet, the hole is in a recessed area of the ATPIAL body, draining a much large area into the case.  I wouldn't hazard a guess as to how long the unit would continue to function in even a light rain.

Needless to say, I replaced the screw.  I'll probably pull the screw again, but a tiny bit of silicone sealant on the threads, and reinsert the screw one last time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I removed mine solely for the benefit of running the illuminator only, until I noticed that with the screw removed, I'm left with a hole to the internals of the otherwise well-waterproofed ATPIAL.  Worse yet, the hole is in a recessed area of the ATPIAL body, draining a much large area into the case.  I wouldn't hazard a guess as to how long the unit would continue to function in even a light rain.

Needless to say, I replaced the screw.  I'll probably pull the screw again, but a tiny bit of silicone sealant on the threads, and reinsert the screw one last time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen an ATPIAL with an opening into the internals when you remove the safety screw.

Yours is either a singular oddity, or you're not seeing what you think you're seeing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:24:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Do you really think L3 would design their lockout screw hole (which is also on the Mil models) with a pass through directly to the unit's internal circuitry?

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:32:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Man, you guys are making me anxious.
maybe I shoulda held off on another 6920.

Sigh. Salad days and all.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've never seen an ATPIAL with an opening into the internals when you remove the safety screw.

Yours is either a singular oddity, or you're not seeing what you think you're seeing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hole is not just a blind dead-ended threaded hole;  it definitely opens into a cavity.

Take a look for yourself if you own one, and let me know what you see.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The hole is not just a blind dead-ended threaded hole;  it definitely opens into a cavity.

Take a look for yourself if you own one, and let me know what you see.
View Quote

I only own the .MIL version (a few of them) and not one opens into the unit.

Not sure if / why your civilian / consumer version would.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#43]
It is virtually impossible for me to get a good pic, but mine is clearly a captured brass (maybe stainless?)  insert in a plastic hole, no cavity or anything. Bottom part of hole is top part of case.

ETA: point of pic was to reassure poster above that mine is a sealed unit, there is no hole at the bottom of the threaded insert. And these things are awesome!!!! One of the best purchases of mine for 2014.

Atpial-c
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It is virtually impossible for me to get a good pic, but mine is clearly a captured brass (maybe stainless?)  insert in a plastic hole, no cavity or anything. Bottom part of hole is top part of case.

ETA: point of pic was to reassure poster above that mine is a sealed unit, there is no hole at the bottom of the threaded insert. And these things are awesome!!!! One of the best purchases of mine for 2014.

Atpial-c
<a href="http://s235.photobucket.com/user/jtb8269/media/92E25605-4E1D-4EFA-ADCA-A4F8D8159177_zpsufm6vnjm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee27/jtb8269/92E25605-4E1D-4EFA-ADCA-A4F8D8159177_zpsufm6vnjm.jpg</a>
View Quote

My error.

My original comment was based on exactly what your picture shows, but I interpreted the shadow as a gap between the threads and something else below.  

With a bright light eliminating the shadow, I can see that the threaded section extends without a gap to  the "something else below", and that the insert is just a blind dead-ended threaded hole.

Sorry for causing any unnecessary angst.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I got a 6" 10 shot group at 100 yards in pitch darkness.

I like this stuff
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I just got mine from the fed ex guy.  Not only is this thing really nice, it's apparently also from the future.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just got mine from the fed ex guy.  Not only is this thing really nice, it's apparently also from the future.

<a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/user/zuna003/media/20141230_093231.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj238/zuna003/20141230_093231.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/user/zuna003/media/20141230_093205.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj238/zuna003/20141230_093205.jpg</a>
View Quote

It's obviously for your future cat. Did you fire up the visible laser for him?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, the cat thinks that red dot is pretty neat. Although I can see his frustration when he can never quite catch it.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top