Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a SCAR 17--and that MKIII looks sweet mounted on one!  I suppose my MK6 with its 34mm mount won't co-witness like the scope in the pic.  

What height to center of the scope from a defined point on the rail do I need to make that happen?  

I really like the Black Friday deals!  Pretty sure I'm going to be a happy TNVC customer--again!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
JUST ANNOUNCED.....

TNVC running a Black Friday IR Defense special.....Take 20% off the following products with FREE TNVC MIni DVR and Rifle/Helmet Pouch, AND FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!  It does not get better than this for some of the best TRULY America Made Thermal Gear!  

This Black Friday Special for IRD products will ONLY run this Friday from Midnight to Midnight and again on Monday November 30th Midnight to Midnight.  Use coupon code XMAS15 on our TNVC web site during these times for incredible savings!

Qualifying IR Defense Products
- The NEW MKIII 60mm - Retail $8995.00 (Black Friday Pricing $7196.00)
- MKII 19mm -  Retail $5495.00 (Back Friday Pricing $4396.00)
- MKII 35mm - Retail $6495.00 (Black Friday Pricing $5196.00)
- M250 Basic Kit - Retail $5995.00 (Black Friday Pricing $4796.00)
View Quote

You had me at.. JUST ANNOUNCED...

I've been following this TWS (MKII 35mm) since it was introduced. Worked hard all summer and always told myself that at the end of it all
I would purchase one for my preps and play. Been waiting to see if these would be discounted, and lo and behold, you , Vic, have
delivered like a virgin warrior princess! . I'll be in touch in a few hours.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
JUST ANNOUNCED.....

TNVC running a Black Friday IR Defense special.....Take 20% off the following products with FREE TNVC MIni DVR and Rifle/Helmet Pouch, AND FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!  It does not get better than this for some of the best TRULY America Made Thermal Gear!  

This Black Friday Special for IRD products will ONLY run this Friday from Midnight to Midnight and again on Monday November 30th Midnight to Midnight.  Use coupon code XMAS15 on our TNVC web site during these times for incredible savings!

View Quote

Anything for MK III 35mm?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
JUST ANNOUNCED.....

View Quote

DOH! I already jumped on the FLIR rebate deal this week, definitely would have gone with one of these if I had known.

I'm going to file this under "Things that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

JUST ANNOUNCED.....

View Quote
NEEDS MORE WILCOX MOUNT

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
JUST ANNOUNCED.....

View Quote

anything for the M250 "deluxe" kit (helmet mount)?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Bait was too attractive, I'm hooked.  The website did not show the sales price during checkout, but said the code was applied-so I trust that it will all be fixed when the card is charged.

I love the patrol for scanning-but right now think the ultimate system needs a dedicated scope on the rifle as well.  Looking forward to shedding a bit  more pig blood this winter.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#14]
It didn't show the discount so I'm holding off until TNVC can verify that's correct.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It will be applied of course, have a glitch with the promo code. The IT boys are on it.  Thank you!

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bait was too attractive, I'm hooked.  The website did not show the sales price during checkout, but said the code was applied-so I trust that it will all be fixed when the card is charged.

I love the patrol for scanning-but right now think the ultimate system needs a dedicated scope on the rifle as well.  Looking forward to shedding a bit  more pig blood this winter.

It will be applied of course, have a glitch with the promo code. The IT boys are on it.  Thank you!

Vic

Thanks for the update.  I just noticed it's showing in the cart now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Just pulled the trigger on a MkII 35mm.

Thanks for the smokin' deal.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#18]
What size butler creek cap for the MK II 35mm--Is #45 correct?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Correct...So you know our units come free with one along with our DVR and Rifle/Helmet pouch with every scope purchase. Thank you.

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Correct...So you know our units come free with one along with our DVR and Rifle/Helmet pouch with every scope purchase. Thank you.

Vic

Good to know.  I almost bought one too.  Can't wait for the unit to arrive!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure do wish the IR Hunter mk3 35mm was included in the cyber monday sale.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too HA, me too
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Vic

Did not know that--Thank You!

I'll be in touch tomorrow!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Stop posting these videos! I've already spent thousands with you guys this month...

My marriage will literally not survive another...but resistance is becoming futile...
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks brother

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Me too HA, me too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too HA, me too

Hopefully you guys "settled" like I did for the mk2 35mm since it was such a great deal.  Now with the upgrade program you will save ~17% off the mk3 35mm even after the upgrade cost!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Hopefully you guys "settled" like I did for the mk2 35mm since it was such a great deal.  Now with the upgrade program you will save ~17% off the mk3 35mm even after the upgrade cost!
View Quote

I bought mine in October for what I thought at the time was a smoking deal....4 weeks later it was crushed by TNVC's deal.

On the upside, I didn't have a 4-6 week wait and I got to use it for 5 nights in November.  I'm looking at it like I rented my own device to ease the sticker shock.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Ordered the 60mm Friday, came in early enough today to run to,the lgs to get the parts to finish it's hoast. I forget how many months I waited for the patrol on pre-order, so this was very sweet.

I need to read some of the user manual, but while I understand the joystick on the monocular, I really .ike the way the knobs work on the scope.  Everything has been fairly intuitive (other than the reticle lock-will need to read the manual on that)
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I bought mine in October for what I thought at the time was a smoking deal....4 weeks later it was crushed by TNVC's deal.

On the upside, I didn't have a 4-6 week wait and I got to use it for 5 nights in November.  I'm looking at it like I rented my own device to ease the sticker shock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I did not as I was not interested in the MKII due to the point of aim tracking / recall memory.  I don't think the range finder is super useful as I dont expect to shoot more than 100 yards 95% of the time, and I doubt I would take a shot at something beyond 250 yards ever.  If the MKII had the tracking I would have jumped on it, but I didnt see the upgrade policy available.  If the MKIII was $6k to $6.2k and immediately available (within 2 weeks), I would have bought it.  Oh well, I will continue to wait till what I am looking for matches what I am willing to pay.  I have been looking at thermals for 2 years now and watching better products come each year at better prices.  I can say, after reading the upgrade program offering IRD is truly looking to build a great product offering while taking care of their current customers.  The MKIII 60mm would be an awesome scope for the correct terrain.

-Ryan
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Also, if IRD can get the patrol dialed in with:

1. Either similar locking Larue mount or solid return to zero twist mount (quick attach / detach)
2. Upgraded program similar to IR Hunter with point of aim locations and saved poa locations
3.  Option for 35mm lense
4. A method to use either CR123 and AA or AAA batteries (any gas station, grocery store, etc carries AA or AAA, not always CR123's)

I think they will sell the heck out of them due to the cross functionality for scanning unmounted and quick attach weapon conversion.  This might hurt the sales of the MK II/III, but the lighter weight, better range, and joy stick manipulation for hand held vs turrets I think would be perfect for 90% of the hunter customer base.  This would be the perfect product I would be after as constructive feedback.

-Ryan
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:06:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Reliable mount and x/y display are the 2 big ones for me. I have not shot mine at targets enough to prove the mount problem-but the x/y display and the lack of precision feedback from the joystick made sighting it in an exercise in frustration.  I had fully intended to use it on several hosts-but changed my mind due to the effort involved with the sight in.  Only viable option was cowitnessing it with other sights dedicated to each weapon. I guess a backup red dot is cheep enough, but just annoying-and also not precision shooting.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#35]
so.....2,495 dollars.    What say ya'll with 35mm going to a 60mm?   Worf it?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
so.....2,495 dollars.    What say ya'll with 35mm going to a 60mm?   Worf it?
View Quote

I am doing it. Got my RMA and it goes out Monday.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Vic,
Ordered a MKII 35 mm on Cyber Monday (Thanks soooo  much for the discount!) and was given a 4 - 6 week lead time.
Since I assume these are coming directly from the factory, do I need to be concerned about the recent software
upgrades being done? Will these have the 'latest and greatest' upgrades?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You're very welcome on the sale and happy many got a chance to save a few bucks on the units.

Indeed the unit you you will be getting is fresh off their US assembly line in Northern California and will have all the latest. Thank you again and to all the others who took advantage of the special sale.

P.S. While we usually stock pretty large quantities of all IRD products we sold out of our existing stock pretty quick.

Vic

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vic,
Ordered a MKII 35 mm on Cyber Monday (Thanks soooo  much for the discount!) and was given a 4 - 6 week lead time.
Since I assume these are coming directly from the factory, do I need to be concerned about the recent software
upgrades being done? Will these have the 'latest and greatest' upgrades?
Thanks!

You're very welcome on the sale and happy many got a chance to save a few bucks on the units.

Indeed the unit you you will be getting is fresh off their US assembly line in Northern California and will have all the latest. Thank you again and to all the others who took advantage of the special sale.

P.S. While we usually stock pretty large quantities of all IRD products we sold out of our existing stock pretty quick.

Vic

Thanks alot Vic.
Looking forward to the chats on "how do you make this damn thing work!!??"
Just kidding, sort of..

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Whats the difference between the MKII 35mm and the MKIII 35mm? Is it just the new software features?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Scope us basically the same with the new software

Here are the specifics of the two.  

MKII
SPECS
 Reticle Type Digital System
 Reticle Selection 3 types
 Reticle Adjustments Calibrated MOA in both windage and elevation
 Reticle Colors Auto White / Black
 Turret Knobs Mechanical Adjusters (MOA Calibrated)
 Polarity MaxPOL White Hot / Black Hot
 Edge Detect Edge Detection Mode
 Video Output RS-170 NTSC Analog Video Special Cable required
 DFC - Digital Focus Enhances and Sharpens Imagery
 Electronic Zoom Up to 8X Zoom Depending on System
 ETR - Enhanced Target Recognition Target Enhancement Software
 Image Capture Image Capture special cable needed to download

MKIII
SPECS
 Reticle Selection 5 types
 Range Finder Stadiametric
 Reticle Save Locations 4 Different Reticle Positions
 Reticle Positioning Digital Read-outs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whats the difference between the MKII 35mm and the MKIII 35mm? Is it just the new software features?

Scope us basically the same with the new software

Here are the specifics of the two.  

MKII
SPECS
 Reticle Selection 3 types

MKIII
SPECS
 Reticle Selection 5 types
 Range Finder Stadiametric
 Reticle Save Locations 4 Different Reticle Positions
 Reticle Positioning Digital Read-outs

So, to get the range finder and reticle software features on my MKII 35mm I'll have to pay $995?
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#47]

So, to get the range finder and reticle software features on my MKII 35mm I'll have to pay $995?
View Quote

Vic,

Won't he also get the longer, more repeatable 2 lever LaRue mount and the battery extender?

During the spring lull I'm sending my MKII back in just for the saved reticle positions so I can easily swap between rifles depending on desired targets.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That is the price IRD set and in our opinion its better than buying a whole new scope.  
View Quote

Not knocking you at all or trying to shoot the messenger, I understand they set the price and my disappointment is only with IRD. It seems way too high for a software update, especially for something like the reticle coordinates that probably should have been there from the start
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not knocking you at all or trying to shoot the messenger, I understand they set the price and my disappointment is only with IRD. It seems way too high for a software update, especially for something like the reticle coordinates that probably should have been there from the start
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is the price IRD set and in our opinion its better than buying a whole new scope.  

I'd agree with that.  should be a free software update.    If I have to spend the money, I might just go 60mm.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top