Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
SkyPup,

Saved that procedure for future reference - thanks.

Question, isn't your D2 blocking a percentage of your FOV through the MKII/ACOG?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
No, it is a clear shot through the entire setup without the DBAL interferring at all, but you cannot see any of the internal digital icons in the MKII though the 4X ACOG.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
seems like a lot of steps

is there any way to get the thermal's crosshairs out of the picture and just put the thermal on clip on mode
strictly using acog for aiming?
View Quote

There are no internal thermal MK II crosshairs to co-witness in Clip-On mode like in the FLIR T-70/T-75 (takes 5 secs to setup with the Flirs).

Instead, the entire blank visual screen is moved with the turrents to change POI.

You can shoot some rounds and see where the POI is and adjust the screen to move the POI to where the rounds impacted if you have the rifle locked down in a solid rest. But still it takes allot of time and ammo to setup and don't know how repeatable after removing the MKII and reinstalling on the rail. Will find out though...
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No, it is a clear shot through the entire setup without the DBAL interferring at all, but you cannot see any of the internal digital icons in the MKII though the 4X ACOG.
View Quote

Ok, that makes sense to me. I just got my MKII and in weapon site mode my DBAL A3 on the top rail seemed to make the bottom 15% of my sight picture fuzzy / obscured. It seems in clip on mode you wouldn't see that part of the FOV on 4x. I have not tried my MKII in clip on mode. Anyway, moved the A3 to right side mount and now good to go.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fongman, if I understand you correctly your using the MKII as a stand alone weapon site... If so what magnification are you seeing the 15% fuzzies?  Is it in it's inherent magnification or also when your use the zoom? Also how close is the A3 to your scope?  Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, that makes sense to me. I just got my MKII and in weapon site mode my DBAL A3 on the top rail seemed to make the bottom 15% of my sight picture fuzzy / obscured. It seems in clip on mode you wouldn't see that part of the FOV on 4x. I have not tried my MKII in clip on mode. Anyway, moved the A3 to right side mount and now good to go.

Fongman, if I understand you correctly your using the MKII as a stand alone weapon site... If so what magnification are you seeing the 15% fuzzies?  Is it in it's inherent magnification or also when your use the zoom? Also how close is the A3 to your scope?  Thanks.

I had it set up like this:

" />

I was viewing a large tree about 50 yards away, and noticed a bottom strip of the screen was fuzzy / undefined. Took the laser off and it was clean and defined. Figured it was slightly blocking the view. I have not had a lot of time to spend with the unit yet, but am heading to my range soon to sight it in. And I believe I was viewing at the 1x(2.5x) setting. It seemed like an obvious situation so I didn't give it much thought and I don't think I checked it with the other magnification settings. I would rather run the the laser at the 12 O'clock position, but am used to the right side setting as well.

First time using a thermal sight, so feel free to comment.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW it was 100°+ outside and pretty humid - but I thought the sight picture threw the viewer was outstanding. If it gets better I'll be floored...

Very happy!  
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Vic.

Sighted everything in today. Got the MKII zero'd in 6 rounds. Forgot my hand warmers at home. Heated up some spent brass and stuck them in the target center. Worked pretty well. Everything seems to be working pretty good.

Please tell Ted and Jaimie thank you for getting it to me in time for the weekend.

Thank You Vic for all the info and help!

" />
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sighted everything in today. Got the MKII zero'd in 6 rounds. Forgot my hand warmers at home. Heated up some spent brass and stuck them in the target center. Worked pretty well. Everything seems to be working pretty good.

View Quote

I forgot my hand warmer the other day when I went to cite my IR hunter Mark 2 in.

I cut out a couple of small squares of cardboard, soaked them in water and stapled them onto the back of the paper target. Worked great at 100 yards for me in the extreme heat we've been having.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Anytime Brother, I will pass along the kind words to Jaimie and Teddy. Thank you.

P.S. I am sure folks would enjoy seeing your final zero targets with that fine blaster you have!

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Vic.

Please tell Ted and Jaimie thank you for getting it to me in time for the weekend.

Thank You Vic for all the info and help!

http://<a href=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/Fongman/IMG_1710_zpsydugbhec.jpg</a>" />

Anytime Brother, I will pass along the kind words to Jaimie and Teddy. Thank you.

P.S. I am sure folks would enjoy seeing your final zero targets with that fine blaster you have!

Vic

I have about 200 rounds down the tube now and the barrel seems to be settling in. I shot a bunch of factory ammo first and was a little disappointed. Some of it was shooting 4 moa, and then the rest about 1.5 - 2 moa. I don't consider myself an sub moa shooter any more, so I have to give a little grace to the factory stuff. But I have a hand load, 6.8spc w/ the hornady 120 SST bullets that seems to be a keeper.

I put a 50 yard zero on both my Leupold MK6 1x6 and MKII and then shot it for groups at 100 and 200. (Pics are 100 only. Was trying to holding low - about an inch, which was much easier to to with the MK6 vs the MKII.)

w/ MK6 1x6:

w/ MKII    
I heated a spent casing and put it in the target. 5 round groups, I was able to shoot the casings out of the target. So it left a big hole. Not sure exactly what kind of group they were, but figured good enough. When I went downrange to check the target the casings were gone, but when I was shooting I never noticed that. I guess the casing heated the paper enough to keep the target lit - pretty cool.

Couple more range sessions and I'll start having confidence in the system.

Really looking forward to the cooler temperatures.

Thanks again Vic.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Very nice groups from your 6.8 and with the Hunter MKII! Sure looks like your have found your load.

I have a 6.8 with a 35mm Hunter MKII mounted as well and my day scope for this rifle is a Swaro 1.25x4. Since I don't want to reload for this cartridge [except for the subsonic loads, which require a fast twist barrel,] I was lucky to quickly find two factory loads which shoot well in my rifle, the Federal 115gr FMJ's and the SSA 115gr Barnes TSX's. The factory 120gr SST load only gave 2-3", which was disappointing.

FWIW, I used a hand warmer when sighting in my new MKII last week and I found the hand warmer to be a little too large of a target. Maybe if I had stapled it so that it formed a diamond instead of a square it would have been better, but with about a 1.5x1.5" or so square holding precisely for windage was a challenge. I want to try the heated cartridge casing next opportunity.

Also fwiw, the bullets passing through the paper target heated the paper, maybe the backing too, enough that I could see where my shots passed through the paper.

JPK
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Very nice groups from your 6.8 and with the Hunter MKII! Sure looks like your have found your load.

I have a 6.8 with a 35mm Hunter MKII mounted as well and my day scope for this rifle is a Swaro 1.25x4. Since I don't want to reload for this cartridge [except for the subsonic loads, which require a fast twist barrel,] I was lucky to quickly find two factory loads which shoot well in my rifle, the Federal 115gr FMJ's and the SSA 115gr Barnes TSX's. The factory 120gr SST load only gave 2-3", which was disappointing.

FWIW, I used a hand warmer when sighting in my new MKII last week and I found the hand warmer to be a little too large of a target. Maybe if I had stapled it so that it formed a diamond instead of a square it would have been better, but with about a 1.5x1.5" or so square holding precisely for windage was a challenge. I want to try the heated cartridge casing next opportunity.

Also fwiw, the bullets passing through the paper target heated the paper, maybe the backing too, enough that I could see where my shots passed through the paper.

JPK
View Quote

Thank You JPK.

I have not tried the Federal 115gr load, but have it on my try list. Saw a post of some ballistic gelatin testing with the Fed Fusion 115 and it was impressive.

I've also read reports, now that Nosler purchased SSA, that they have really downloaded the previous SSA loads significantly. Probably for liability reasons. Have been a bit hesitant about purchasing any.

The Hornady factory load was horrible in my weapon. The velocities were really good. Only about 35 - 40 fps slower than my handloads, which was surprising, but it would be very kind to call it 4 moa ammo - unfortunately.

It's funny, but my archery target (hard foam block) has a large circle in the middle and 4 smaller circles in each corner and I can see those targets great through my MKII. I need to find a rifle target that would work that well.

I wonder if putting the hand warmer taped behind a thicker piece of cardboard with a small cut out would provide a smaller aiming point? Will have to play around with it, though my next session will be mostly at 200 yards so the hand warmer may be perfect.

If using the spent brass. Wear gloves, then heat the brass well. It does tend to dim a bit too much in about 10 - 15 minutes or so, then place in target. Heating while in the target begins to burn said target - duh... as you can see in one of my pics. Was too lazy to go get my gloves...
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Fongman

I was able to use the SSA 115gr TSX ammo on hogs last week, at night, using the MKII, and I couldn't be happier with the performance of the whole package. I didn't dig bullets or do much wound channel examination, but it was easy to see that most shots were through and through. The ammo had enough juice to drop a pair with one shot, driving through the neck of one and dropping the one behind. I killed seven hogs at ranges from 30yds to about 100, none we particularly large.

I haven't broken out the chronograph to check any of the factory loads, and I really only use it to check velocity of my hand loads for those cartridges I have to reload for, to ensure that they are within velocity expectations and norms. Experience tells me that a couple hundred fps off of the pre-Nosler velocity spec won't make a difference, at least at the ranges I expect to shoot.

But since you have the SST's shooting so well in your hand loads, you are set!

I used some black 3" ShootNSee stick on target circles to repair (as in plug holes so I coild discern new shots with my spotting scope) my five diamond paper target. The sun was on the target and I could see the black target circles well through the Hunter MKII. I think I could shoot well using those and a 6:00 hold on the bottom to control elevation and windage hold.

My five diamond paper targets, picked up at a Wally World, have dark green diamonds, and when the sun was on them I could make them out, but not well enough for sighting in. Maybe if they were jet black they would heat up and stand out enough. I will try.

I think the hand warmer behind either some cardboard or maybe another paper target with a smaller hole cut in it is a good idea. I will definitely try it.

I know I'll forget gloves, but I keep a pair of channel lock pliers in my truck, they ought to prevent toasted targets or hands. Maybe I' ll go put some welding gloves with my torch, now, so I don't forget.

JPK
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]
JPK,

Thanks for the report on the SSA 115gr loads. I want a factory back-up load and will give these a shot. Also, going to try the Federal 115gr load and see if my gun likes one of these two.

You need to start posting video of those hog shots.

Vic,

Blind Squirrel syndrome
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

FWIW, I used a hand warmer when sighting in my new MKII last week and I found the hand warmer to be a little too large of a target.

JPK
View Quote

JPK,

Spent some more time at the range this weekend. As for working on a smaller aiming point, I took some aluminum foil tape and layered some pieces together, about 4 layers thick. I then tore those into thinner strips and made a crosshair onto the hand warmer with the tape strips. It worked great at 50 and 100. At 200 there wasn't enough definition of the tape cross to see it. It appeared as a dimmer hand warmer. It might work better at 200 when the ambient temperature cools, but was already in the low to mid 90s when I was at the range.

Anyway, just another thing to try.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Vic,

The new mini DVR system looks great. Looking forward to using one!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:59:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:45:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like I need to sent you guys some more money

nice looking product.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

JPK,

Spent some more time at the range this weekend. As for working on a smaller aiming point, I took some aluminum foil tape and layered some pieces together, about 4 layers thick. I then tore those into thinner strips and made a crosshair onto the hand warmer with the tape strips. It worked great at 50 and 100. At 200 there wasn't enough definition of the tape cross to see it. It appeared as a dimmer hand warmer. It might work better at 200 when the ambient temperature cools, but was already in the low to mid 90s when I was at the range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW, I used a hand warmer when sighting in my new MKII last week and I found the hand warmer to be a little too large of a target.

JPK

JPK,

Fongman,

Great tip, thanks!

JPK
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#25]
I spent some time sighting in the IR Defense Patrol M-300 this morning on my venerable SIG 556.

At first I tried to set it up in front of my ACOG 4X TA02 as a Clip-On, the height matches the ACOG on the Wilcox mount, but could not see the screen icons in Clip-On mode?

I did not see any real benefit in using this instrument in Clip-On mode with my day optic ACOG as the thermal image gets pixelated at anything over 4X power.

So figured I would use it as a standalone scope and also as a helmet mounted thermal scanner and just use the internal crosshair reticule and digital magnifications.

The Wicox dovetail fits all my helmet mounts so an easy switch out.

Tge M-300 does not clear a top rail mounted laser, so if you are using a laser you will need to move it to the side rail to keep it from interfering with the view.

The M-300 is a nice light weight thermal scope with a large FOV plenty adequate out to 225 yards, which is about the lethal range of my 5.56mm Barnes 70 grain TSX handloads on large hogs.

Will get some video soon.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Also dialed in the IR Hunter MKII-35mm on my SIG 716 7.62mm in standalone mode as I've got some big hogs to take down here shortly.

I tried it out in Clip-On mode with both the ACOG and ELCAN, but decided this instrument suits me better as a dedciated standalone TWS.

The MKII-35 does clear the DBAL-D2 with zero interference when the laser is mounted on the top rail, not a problem.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Apparently, in Clip-On mode at 4X the icons are clipped out.

I've decided to use them in dedicated standalone mode anyhow as I for one have no shortage of thermal Clip-Ons!

But what I need now are the mini-DVRs to hook up the video cables!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I am very curious to know when Skypup will render his opinion of the ir defense products  he's been displaying.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I have an IR Patrol.

One very important feature is adjustable focus, and the spec indicated a 3 foot close focus range. I was very pleasantly surprised to find I can focus to SIX INCHES.
This is a big deal and a very valuable feature.
I took a shot of the filament in a light bulb to get an idea of depth of field at that range, and I guess it's an eighth inch judging by how many filament coils I could discern.
Yes, LWIR does get through glass, but not much of it. Glass filters most of the LW bandwidth..

The image download firmware and/or software is a little quirky and locks up the scope. I am certain they will resolve that quickly (or I will if it's ME doing something wrong).

One feature I do wish the unit had is a single pixel temp readout. In the X320 the approx temp at the crosshair is displayed. That feature is priceless in an auto-ranging system, because "hottest" is whitest, regardless of how hot HOT is. I could quickly determine if I was looking at a fresh mole hill 1/2 degree warmer than surroundings, or determine the hot spot was a distant raccoon with that temp readout.

The electrical and software interface control documents are available online for the thermal core of the IRPatrol and I see no provision mentioned for the temp readout feature.

The IR Patrol is a wonderful unit. Flexible and robust.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Will that cable work with other DVR's and if so can it be purchased separately?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Vic, are the extended $74.99 or $99.00?

Thanks, JEff

Quoted:
Hi guys., Just wanted to announce the battery extenders for BOTH the IR Hunter MKII's and IR Patrol are now available through TNVC.  They are $74.95 and will be on the web site in a few days.  If you would like to order, simply email sales at tnvc dot com and we'll get you fixed up.

The chart below represents the new IR Patrol battery consumption test results for both single and with the extension. The specific battery used for testing was the Energizer Lithium CR123's.  As I mentioned before, since we are about to release our new TNVC Mini-DVR, Rifle/Helmet pouch, cables, and wanted to incorporate a external battery pack...But IR Defense has informed us they will not support nor warranty units in the event these units may be damaged by using any external battery packs, rechargeables, etc. for use on both the IR Hunters and IR Patrol systems. With that said, the use of the battery extender is currently the only way to increase battery life without voiding any warranties.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/Battery_Ex_Runtimes%202_zpskwr4nnto.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am very curious to know when Skypup will render his opinion of the ir defense products  he's been displaying.
View Quote

So far so good, I am a FLIR fanboi at heart, but should not have any trouble killing hogs and dogs with the IR Defense MKII & Patrol M-300.

Videos will be forthcoming now that the hogs are coming up out of the swamps into the hardwood uplands in this hot muggy weather.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Questions on the IR Patrol and 2X lens...

I looked through this at SHOT and was impressed with the display.  Does the production version lose any "resolution" (for lack of better term for stacking lenses) or is it GtG for field work.  Also, this seemed to me like a very easy on/off piece of kit - any feedback on how it holds on in field use (hate to lose $1.1K in the woods).  Lastly, does it have enough free space in front of the two squeeze tabs to mount a butler creek cover (to at least protect the front side as I'm bouncing around in the woods.)

TIA!

Oh, and Vic or Scott, when are new mounting solutions for the patrol going to be revealed?  Am I waiting weeks, months or years?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Slowplay, I have an IR Patrol and a 3X Torrey Pines 52mm magnifier. I bought the magnifier for my X320. It fits the IR Patrol but is just a little wobbly. A little bit.
But once it is clipped on (expansion ring connection), it stays put.
Installing the magnifier on the X320 was much tighter and I fumbled it often enough that I tethered the magnifier to a strap in the separate pouch I carry it in (LBT SkeetIR pouch). That places mi mind at ease.

Anyway, I contacted TPL last week to inquire whether they had manufactured an attachment for their magnifiers especially engineered for the IR Patrol. The rep said IR Defense has not sent an example, so if the X320 mount fits at all it is coincidence as far as TPL is concerned.

I put one layer of very thin teflon tape (adhesive) around the mount on the TPL magnifier, and all the slack is gone. With the thin tape in place I cannot pull it off of the IR Patrol once it's locked in. I trust it but will continue to tether.

The magnifier is a wonder with the X320 and magnificent with the IR Patrol.
Of course, ordinary scenes seem to loose contrast and are disinteresting when looking through a magnifier or an objective with >1 power. But get something hot in the view and you can see every detail. The thermal magnifier is a must-have - as much a must have as a 1X or less thermal viewer is a must have. Gotta cover the needs of the Hunter AND hunted.

How well the IP Patrol holds zero when used as a scope (in either scope mode) I have not experimented with. I doubt I much care, considering how I will be using it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks very much Feeble-Prize and Vic!

Every time I think I've made up my mind on which way to go something comes up to cause me to hesitate.  Last week Clasky almost sold me an LWTS...which I probably should have bought.  Now I'm back in the same Hunter MKII, Patrol M300W w/mag and LWTS wrestling match.  

Vic, is there room for a Butler Creek on the 2X lens, or do you recommend some other protection option for the magnifier when attached?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#44]
slowplay,

I'm sure you probably know this, but I didn't and it helped make my mind up. You can NOT shoot with the Patrol M300W weapon mounted and the 2x or 3x lens attached, according to IR Defense and TNVC. I wanted the extra magnification for engagement range, so that pushed me towards the MK II. Can't say I'm disappointed in the least now...

Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

slowplay,

I'm sure you probably know this, but I didn't and it helped make my mind up. You can NOT shoot with the Patrol M300W weapon mounted and the 2x or 3x lens attached, according to IR Defense and TNVC. I wanted the extra magnification for engagement range, so that pushed me towards the MK II. Can't say I'm disappointed in the least now...

Just an FYI.
View Quote
Just use some electrical tape to wrap around the patrol/magnifier fitting. Problem solved.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
slowplay,

Just an FYI.
View Quote

Yes, they told me that if I shot with it attached the recoil would crack the lens.  Bummer, as it would add a lot of functionality to an already very functional lightweight Patrol package.

I've used a rental MKII quite successfully on a few days of hunting and really like it  I know whatever I buy will be superseded in short order by something that's better/lighter/cheaper, etc.  I've got to make a decision soon and stick with it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Big thanks to Chip and Chris. Ordered two IR Patrol units and they came through and walked me through some of the initial neuroticism. I would like to give a view from someone who is new to thermal: these things are amazing. Detection is incredible. Zeroing was a bit tricky but I treated it like a regular scope and just brought the crosshairs to the point of impact and was zeroed after ten rounds on a PredatOBR 7.62, zeroed about an inch high at 100. No doubt I could engage out to 200 with this particular unit or possibly farther based on initial testing. Photos I took through it don't do the unit justice. I actually have found the magnification all the way through 8X very useable as long as the front focus is properly set. Big thank you to Chip and also Chris from IR Defense for hand holding.

About 40 yards away from a balcony.

Guy with a cold drink he spilled on his shorts:

Doe 75ish yards:

Footprint on wood floors:

Best bud:

Another doe

Two hand warmers at 100 yards. That's a warm Omega out in front. I believe the camera only takes native magnification pictures:

Buck/doe, thick woods

Anyhow a few tweaks and this thing would be flawless. I tested group size on all magnifications and POI holds true at 2x, 4x (my favorite) and 8x. Some things I would like to see: Additional reticle options for sale in the future, able to be downloaded. Better software to download photos. Ability to take photos of a digitally magnified image. A specific guide that allows you to save zeros for different weapons. Better clip on support, maybe some sort of guided feature. As it is though it's a pretty amazing system.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Forestpatrol, if IR Defense doesn't come out with a smoother image download software, someone else will.
Speaking with the core is easy.

Incidentally, the scope comes with a pretty impressive image processing package which I have used for some years called ImageJ. I was surprised to see it in the IR Defense distribution.
I suggest that software for everyone who fools with pictures. It has arithmetic and analysis features not found in most image software.
ImageJ is a bit peculiar  looking to those not used to utilitarian, scientific software, but it is intended for some very serious users and it flat works.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Dumb question but can I use ImageJ with the IR Patrol? Sounds right up my alley. There is a peculiar way to interface with the actual unit I'm not thrilled with and the order goes: Turn on program/Turn on IR Patrol, connect download cable to computer first, put IR Patrol in "download" mode, then connect cable to unit. If you plug the cable into the unit first or deviate in any way I have had weird ghost images and various other errors.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top