BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vic,
Won't he also get the longer, more repeatable 2 lever LaRue mount and the battery extender?
During the spring lull I'm sending my MKII back in just for the saved reticle positions so I can easily swap between rifles depending on desired targets.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So, to get the range finder and reticle software features on my MKII 35mm I'll have to pay $995?

Vic,
Won't he also get the longer, more repeatable 2 lever LaRue mount and the battery extender?
During the spring lull I'm sending my MKII back in just for the saved reticle positions so I can easily swap between rifles depending on desired targets.

There is an easier method to set zero when changing rifles. One shot zero on new guns too.

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There is an easier method to set zero when changing rifles. One shot zero on new guns too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9CrYKYJlBQ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, to get the range finder and reticle software features on my MKII 35mm I'll have to pay $995?

Vic,

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vic,

If I didn't already have this thread bookmarked, I would for this information alone.
Thanks for the video!
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So what size Butler cap for the front my MK II 35?
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So what size Butler cap for the front my MK II 35?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Vic,
Thanks soooo much for the Black Friday discounts. I got my MK II 35mm yesterday and it is incredible.
You threw me off the fence with that savings.
Now to go peruse your website for other accessories. Yes, your evil plan has worked! I'll probably spend what I saved
on 'accessories'.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I have not been great with posting pictures, am kind of saving them up.  But thanks for the sale.  First pig was not worthy of eating (it was one sick pig), but the second is now 30lbs of sausage in the fridge (waiting to be vacuumed sealed and frozen-ate the first 3 links tonight), 10lish lbs of bacon in the smoker, and 30ish lbs of hind quarters in brine waiting to become smoked hams next week.  

I have done sausage befor, but never smoked any by myself (always used another's smokehouse).  I had some kinks with my new smoker with the sausage, but after a rebuild it is running fine tonight on the bacon.  It is a homemade smoker, should hold about 200lbs of meat (or a suckling pig)  if I ever fill it.

Anyway, I have done a lot of the spectrum now with NV, and the Mark III is definitely my favorite.  With any luck will smoke a few more hogs this winter.  That said, any more than one a week is too much work ;)

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Unusual business strategy to market it against their own top of the line product, as opposed to a competitor.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks really nice. I see it still has the dovetail shoe on top - does that mean it can be helmet mounted also?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#16]

So will this new top of the line product from IRD make the Mark II to Mark III firmware upgrade any cheaper?

Is this new unit's firmware compatible with the Mk II & Mk III?

I've also been looking for information on my MKII's water resistance. Any help?

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Also, if IRD can get the patrol dialed in with:

1. Either similar locking Larue mount or solid return to zero twist mount (quick attach / detach)
2. Upgraded program similar to IR Hunter with point of aim locations and saved poa locations
3.  Option for 35mm lense
4. A method to use either CR123 and AA or AAA batteries (any gas station, grocery store, etc carries AA or AAA, not always CR123's)

I think they will sell the heck out of them due to the cross functionality for scanning unmounted and quick attach weapon conversion.  This might hurt the sales of the MK II/III, but the lighter weight, better range, and joy stick manipulation for hand held vs turrets I think would be perfect for 90% of the hunter customer base.  This would be the perfect product I would be after as constructive feedback.

-Ryan
View Quote

Well they pretty much did 3 of the 4.  Does the IR Patrol / REAP IR have software bugs / glitches / screen freezes similar to the complains of the IR Hunter?  I dont know if the joystick helps slow the movement to allow the program to catch up.  Regardless, if the REAP IR does not have software bugs I expect it to be the common choice for purchase going forward.  Also the better sensitivity / detail will in itself make it the new top seller (in my opinion).  Good job!

-Ryan
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 1:08:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Also is the REAP IR .308 or 7.62x51 compatible?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 3:58:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:00:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I do not know the answer to the first question. IRD would be best to answer that but folks are FREE to post anything they want in this thread about improvements and shortcomings which they have in the past which is great for the community. I understand nothing is perfect, but these units flat out have some of the best resolution to date and built from the ground up with all USA made components.

To answer your other questions...

The REAP-IR firmware is the same as the MKIII.  

The MKII and MKIII's are waterproof but no submersion depth type pressure testing nor time has been tested in this fashion, nor does this device need that sort of testing for jumping out of a submarine.  If you need that sort of submersion type pressure device, please PM me as we offer several other devices that meet this criteria for several thousands more in price.   Assured in the rain the units will function without damage. We have MANY IR Patrol units with several LE agencies used in some heavy down pours with no issues to date along with many hunters (including yours truly) in a few unexpected down pours with NO issues.

Hope this helps a bit.  Thank you for the questions.

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So will this new top of the line product from IRD make the Mark II to Mark III firmware upgrade any cheaper?

Is this new unit's firmware compatible with the Mk II & Mk III?

I've also been looking for information on my MKII's water resistance. Any help?

I do not know the answer to the first question. IRD would be best to answer that but folks are FREE to post anything they want in this thread about improvements and shortcomings which they have in the past which is great for the community. I understand nothing is perfect, but these units flat out have some of the best resolution to date and built from the ground up with all USA made components.

To answer your other questions...

The REAP-IR firmware is the same as the MKIII.  

The MKII and MKIII's are waterproof but no submersion depth type pressure testing nor time has been tested in this fashion, nor does this device need that sort of testing for jumping out of a submarine.  If you need that sort of submersion type pressure device, please PM me as we offer several other devices that meet this criteria for several thousands more in price.   Assured in the rain the units will function without damage. We have MANY IR Patrol units with several LE agencies used in some heavy down pours with no issues to date along with many hunters (including yours truly) in a few unexpected down pours with NO issues.

Hope this helps a bit.  Thank you for the questions.

Vic

Thank you for your insight. One other question:

If a MKII is 'upgraded' to a MKIII are there still differences between the two models and will the upgraded MKII at that point be considered a MKIII by IRD and kept in the firmware upgrade loop?

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#23]
If I had to make a wag, the addition of the hunter software and improved mount to the reapIR means that the Patrol is not going to get upgraded anytime soon.  Guess my patrol will not get sighting offsets or a good mounting solution.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#24]
what kind of mount is that on the Reap-IR?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#26]
To say I need one would be an understatement.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#27]
i sent email to website. Is that correct for getting on list, or was I supposed to send it to you here on arfcom?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#29]
i was also wondering,,,how would something like this do looking at my house for heat leaks and duties like that? Ever use the MKIII for that?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, I got my invoice on the prebuy. It was for a 19mm, where the ad here says it is a 35mm. I called and ask to talk to Vic about that, and was told there is no 19mm, that the invoice was wrong, and Vic is not available. Ok,,,so correct that and send a new invoice,,no problem. So, I ask the guy how to pay. I was told to send it to the address on the invoice, which is not the same address shown on the website. When i ask about that, I was told they didn't want people showing up at the place of business, so they put different addresses up. WTF?

Is this company real? I do not want to send off over 7 grand check to a fake place. Can someone who has done business with this company tell me the real address?

Tactical Night Vision Corporation- you guys are making me nervous!
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Well, I got my invoice on the prebuy. It was for a 19mm, where the ad here says it is a 35mm. I called and ask to talk to Vic about that, and was told there is no 19mm, that the invoice was wrong, and Vic is not available. Ok,,,so correct that and send a new invoice,,no problem. So, I ask the guy how to pay. I was told to send it to the address on the invoice, which is not the same address shown on the website. When i ask about that, I was told they didn't want people showing up at the place of business, so they put different addresses up. WTF?

Is this company real? I do not want to send off over 7 grand check to a fake place. Can someone who has done business with this company tell me the real address?

View Quote
TNVC is good to go.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#32]
thanks pcsutton, after reading my post, i realized i did not word things very well.  TNVC could not have that many post and be fake without getting rooted out. I guess I am worried about maybe being at a fake website and sending the money to the wrong people, since addresses are different.

TNVC, please verify address I should pay too
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

TNVC is good to go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

TNVC is good to go.

+1 you have nothing to worry about.   They will correct the error.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Don't panic.  They have well deserved good rep.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i was also wondering,,,how would something like this do looking at my house for heat leaks and duties like that? Ever use the MKIII for that?
View Quote

Not very good, it is a long range TWS scope, not a home inspection unit.

A simple FLIRONE with color palettes or something similar would be better for checking water and air leaks in your home.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Wish they had something the size of a UTM or SkeetIR I'd be over that like white on rice
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#39]
No, i am buying it for a rifle sight,,just figured it might do double duty. I will try it on my house since it looks like nobody else knows.  Heat is heat,,,it should see it whether it is a fancy long range scope or not.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No, i am buying it for a rifle sight,,just figured it might do double duty. I will try it on my house since it looks like nobody else knows.  Heat is heat,,,it should see it whether it is a fancy long range scope or not.
View Quote

I use mine for checking steam lines and traps as well as process lines to see if they are hot or cold at the right point in the cycle.... works awesome! I have also looked at my house - can see the hot and cold spots very clearly...

its a work related piece of equipment...
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#41]
So the difference between the reap-ir and the 35mm mkiii are size, and helmet mountability?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:56:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So the difference between the reap-ir and the 35mm mkiii are size, and helmet mountability?
View Quote

I would say weight, joystick controls, and hand held to scope and back quickly.  I doubt you would want to helmet mount with magnification unless your in a static overwatch.  I would not walk around with magnification.

-Ryan
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, I didn't purchase my MK2 for the purposed of hunting alone.  

If you're not out all the time, having a single purpose TWS is not as useful.  That's one of the reasons TNVC pointed me away from the FLIR T-70, the other being the cost vs value - they we're super honest about that.

The IR Hunter MK2/MK3 WILL allow you to do a home energy audit.  What it won't do is work as well close up, or, as pointed out, give you ANY color palettes.

The FLIR ONE device WILL do that at a small fraction of the cost.  I have the first FLIR ONE that attaches to an iPhone 5/5s, and when I got a new phone, I just left it attached to the FLIR ONE.  It cannot see in the dark or give you definition of a object without a light source.

FLIR just annouced the TG130, which is the "look in walls" and energy audit device geared to the normal consumer.  They are not flat out listing the resolution in the brochure:

http://www.flir.com/uploadedFiles/Instruments/Products/Test-and-Measurement/TG130/FLIR-TG130-Datasheet.pdf

GB
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#44]
what is a good companion to the reap-ir for scanning the area with to see targets?  The mount that is on the reap-ir does not look easy to put on with gloves in the dark when i locate a coyote. I will be calling them in and have much less time then most videos i see on the internet, with those long rolling hills and plenty of space to see them coming. I have narrow shooting lanes into wooded areas. I guess i could stay glued to the scope, but don't want to. I need something lightweight and a little cheaper to eyeball the woods lines. I am fidgeting wishing the reap-ir would hurry up
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Would the FOV with the 35mm reap-ir be any good for coyote hunting inside of 75 yards? Where I hunt here in indiana I can be at 55-75 yards tree line hunting all the way to 300+ yards in fields. I feel like giving up the FOV would be a better trade off than giving up range by going to the 19mm m300.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Vic, i am building a rifle which i hope to have finished before the reap-ir arrives. I have been to the websites, but don't find the info i need. I have to drill for a mount on my MDT chassis. Is there anywhere that show footprint dimensions of the reap ir in relation to the mount? I will not have the luxury of a long rail.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top