Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ditto on the image quality vs LWTS. I bet they're pretty similar in hand. I like the web pics enough I think I'm gonna check out a 35mm version. The wife has been hoggig the LWTS during deer hunting this year. I think we need to be a two thermal family now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell me that's not the nicest display on a consumer thermal you've seen to date!

The images do look about ten times better than any other consumer thermal pics I've seen on the interwebs.  I would love to look at one side by side w/ my LWTS, these are the first web images I've seen that look even remotely close to what I see when I look through mine.  I know web pics aren't the best judge, but they do tell some of the story.  I've never seen a FLIR RS pic that looks even half as good as the ones above of the Hunter Mk2.  Only time will tell what the durability will be like...  of the unit AND the company behind it.

Ditto on the image quality vs LWTS. I bet they're pretty similar in hand. I like the web pics enough I think I'm gonna check out a 35mm version. The wife has been hoggig the LWTS during deer hunting this year. I think we need to be a two thermal family now.

I keep finding myself thinking about getting one too but I just can't justify it.  I have one thermal unit and it excels in every single role I know of for a thermal except it can't be helmet mounted.  If you wind up owning both please do a comparison!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just a few 35mm left in stock. [/img]

Vic
View Quote

Order in!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Especially for a 19mm lens, a 35mm lens must be awesome!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice depth of field.

Especially for a 19mm lens, a 35mm lens must be awesome!

Shorter focal lengths have larger DOF at similar apertures -- at least in photography, which I assume is applicable here. Also, smaller sensors have larger DOF as well at the same FOV.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The pics on page 4 are awesome, would be cool to see the same setup with both units and pics at each zoom setting. I'm not sure which one would fit my needs better yet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Are we going to get an announcement and details before the SHOT Show?!? I'm incredibly interested.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

IR Patrol info forthcoming for all those who have been PM'ing me.
View Quote
This is what I am talkin bout!!!!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#13]
What is he IR Patrol?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is he IR Patrol?
View Quote

Essentially, it's another $5,000 missing from your bank account.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is he IR Patrol?

Yup!  I have a feeling that's exactly what an IR Patrol is!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#16]
What's sad is; I've been following this thread like a hawk, am seriously contemplating dropping the coinage for one, and I can't even (legally) shoot at night where I live.  What the hell's wrong with me?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's sad is; I've been following this thread like a hawk, am seriously contemplating dropping the coinage for one, and I can't even (legally) shoot at night where I live.  What the hell's wrong with me?
View Quote

What is even more sad is I don't even hunt and rarely do I make it out to go hiking or whatever, so all the thermal monoculars or scopes I buy I typically use around the neighborhood, backyard, or within a couple hundred yards of my home!  And still crazier yet, I've had basically every high end thermal monocular at one point or another and have had no actual use for it other than entertainment value. No wonder my wife thinks I'm nuts!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What is even more sad is I don't even hunt and rarely do I make it out to go hiking or whatever, so all the thermal monoculars or scopes I buy I typically use around the neighborhood, backyard, or within a couple hundred yards of my home!  And still crazier yet, I've had basically every high end thermal monocular at one point or another and have had no actual use for it other than entertainment value. No wonder my wife thinks I'm nuts!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks flyboy101, that made me feel much better.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can confirm, Flyboy has serious issues.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#21]
IR Defense web site is down with a message IR Patrol releasing tomorrow.  Is this old news or are we really going to see this tomorrow?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yes.

View Quote
Outstanding!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thank God I got the kids' shopping done already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

You don't buy your kids thermal for Christmas? Some father you are....
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

Priorities: He's got 'em.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered a MK II this morning.  Won't get it till mid January, I guess.    Will this fit as a clip on in front of a vortex razor 1-6 in a larue LT104 mount?  What's the pros and cons of the clip on configurations?   I assume you will run the razor at 1x.    Seen where people have done this and I'd like to know what people think.

Second,  does the IR hunter mk II come with some sort of protective lens over the germanium lens?  Thinking of getting a butler creek to put on the end and I think Tyler said a #45 works.   That's a 2.41 inch cover.  I want a clear one.  Like a butler creek #10 or #11.  Anyone who owns one have an OD measurement of the scope?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I ordered a MK II this morning.  Won't get it till mid January, I guess.    Will this fit as a clip on in front of a vortex razor 1-6 in a larue LT104 mount?  What's the pros and cons of the clip on configurations?   I assume you will run the razor at 1x.    Seen where people have done this and I'd like to know what people think.

Second,  does the IR hunter mk II come with some sort of protective lens over the germanium lens?  Thinking of getting a butler creek to put on the end and I think Tyler said a #45 works.   That's a 2.41 inch cover.  I want a clear one.  Like a butler creek #10 or #11.  Anyone who owns one have an OD measurement of the scope?  Thanks.
View Quote

There has to be SOME cover because of manual calibration.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone notice this somewhat hidden link?  Would love to see something like this in a monocular.
http://www.irdefense.com/irs-main.html
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone notice this somewhat hidden link?  Would love to see something like this in a monocular.
http://www.irdefense.com/irs-main.html
View Quote

SHUT UP :gasp:

Really excited to see the intevac technology mature, hope the Di2 technology will carry over into form factors that fit into legacy gen3 housings.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

As I posted in the review thread, #45 and you do not want a clear one.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/428149_IR_Hunter_Standard_and_IR_Hunter_MK_II_Thermal_Weapon_Sight___Updates_and_Reviews.html&page=5
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/428149_IR_Hunter_Standard_and_IR_Hunter_MK_II_Thermal_Weapon_Sight___Updates_and_Reviews.html&page=5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  Cancelled the other in time and added that one.  Forgot about calibration
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
For those asking about the new IR Patrol we are under NDA and were told we cannot post any releases in till tomorrow which is is when IR Defense was allowing it officially. Tomorrow I will have all the pictures that we will be posting as well as a review about its functions and what it does. Yes we know how the unit focuses as we know a lot about the unit and sent gear for the photo shoot for the press release pictures. We will post more when we are allowed to tomorrow after the official release. Thank you.

Vic
View Quote

What time is the NDA on? EDT? 2.5 hours!  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For those asking about the new IR Patrol we are under NDA and were told we cannot post any releases in till tomorrow which is is when IR Defense was allowing it officially. Tomorrow I will have all the pictures that we will be posting as well as a review about its functions and what it does. Yes we know how the unit focuses as we know a lot about the unit and sent gear for the photo shoot for the press release pictures. We will post more when we are allowed to tomorrow after the official release. Thank you.

Vic
View Quote

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag. They redirected their homepage but not anything else. I guess they were working on the rest of the site at the time.

Edit: oops, misread that. Are you guys under nda on the ir shooter too?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Some pics on the IR website!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Take my money!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Can anyone confirm these units have a manual focusable lens? I can't see it in the spec sheet unless I missed it.  Are these shipping now or what is the lead time on them? Are you taking pre-orders Vic?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#45]
.....those look very nice.  Any idea when pricing will be available?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#47]
19 mm lens with 12 micron FPA, 640x480 resolution, 60 Hz refresh and unity magnification?

Color me impressed so far.  Would like longer battery life though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Outstanding!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Very impressive then so far.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top