Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Vic did you get a chance to check out the new Thor HD? I looked through that and the reap ir briefly and though they were both decent but that reap ir had a great image. The Thor has some nice features and a better price. Just wanted to see your opinion of you had any.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure if this will help as it has no dimensions, but it might help you visualize the mount....

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Vic did you get a chance to check out the new Thor HD? I looked through that and the reap ir briefly and though they were both decent but that reap ir had a great image. The Thor has some nice features and a better price. Just wanted to see your opinion of you had any.
View Quote

The ThoR HD at shot was a beta unit.  However, if they didn't add any new features to what was there and only fixed bugs, this is how I would put the pro's and cons.

Price - ThOR

Post processing of image - IR Defense

Cool gizmo whatzits like onboard recording - ThOR

Form factor and weight - IR Defense (all though some of that is subjective I suppose)

ATN said they intend to do post processing, but until they do, the IR Defense line has a big advantage there.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for pics!

how much space is needed/required between a scope objective end and the reap-ir? Will that space need sealed or shielded?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, and above...Same recoil ratings as the MKIII.

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also is the REAP IR .308 or 7.62x51 compatible?

Yes, and above...Same recoil ratings as the MKIII.

Vic

Where is this listed? I am putting one on a bolt 308, and went by this thread when ordering one,,but have never seen this spec anywhere,,even on the manufactures site. Of course i may be blind.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, i read about them on the website,,,just cant find anywhere except  this thread that says it will survive my 308 bolt rifle. Wanting to verify that. I read that the mkiii was only rated for 300 blackout, but you say the reap-ir is rated above 308?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Send me a good one!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it next week yet?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Tnvc, could you tell me about the cattle photo please.  Is that using the digital zoom, or thru a scope with the Reap-IR as a clip on?  Thats an incredible rig.

Is there a way to mount a small red dot on top of the Reap IR?

Finally, what is the preferred optic if used as a clip on?  I dont have one (Yet) to play with, but would you get better distance options used as a clip on or using the dig zoom?

Im saving up for one, got 2 pvs14, but this is the bees knees.  Btw ill be using it for coyotes, no hogs arounnd here.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sorry for the delay....Been out over the weekend.  

I will defer to IRD on the cattle pics but it was with it's inherent magnification (no digi zoom) that shows the incredible image detail. I am pretty sure it was used in stand alone mode also showing off how damn good the fast glass is of it's 35mm f/1.14.

Great question on the red dot option and hope not to piss off the "other" user/s who seem to have the hook for the all inclusive "return to zero" mount. I get the sales pitch, believe me...BUT we're not talking about bolt gun accuracy nor are we talking about taking human lives except for a raunchy pig or coyote.  Soooo with that said I cannot use the current REAP mount, nor our other QD mount we're about to release because myself and many DO mount an MRDS on the Pic rail portion and reserve the dovetail portion for the Wilcox Flip-to-Side mount.  Yea I know, I am accurate to ONLY within 1-3 MOA removing and taking off on the same slot, but I now have a day time dot and also an ahh shit back up site which I love having. Ever try to point shoot a charging target, I'll take my back up dot each and every time.  I know, I know, the "experts" tell and show me video on their hip shooting techniques for pin point hog shooting. I've seen all the pretty vids!  

As for the preferred optic, the ACOG's and Specter DR's (1-4x) do very well. Anytime you utilize in the inherent magnification (no digi zoom) you maintain the devices inherent resolution, in this case the 640 x 480 BAE 12µm.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tnvc, could you tell me about the cattle photo please.  Is that using the digital zoom, or thru a scope with the Reap-IR as a clip on?  Thats an incredible rig.

Is there a way to mount a small red dot on top of the Reap IR?

Finally, what is the preferred optic if used as a clip on?  I dont have one (Yet) to play with, but would you get better distance options used as a clip on or using the dig zoom?

Im saving up for one, got 2 pvs14, but this is the bees knees.  Btw ill be using it for coyotes, no hogs arounnd here.

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay....Been out over the weekend.  

I will defer to IRD on the cattle pics but it was with it's inherent magnification (no digi zoom) that shows the incredible image detail. I am pretty sure it was used in stand alone mode also showing off how damn good the fast glass is of it's 35mm f/1.14.

Great question on the red dot option and hope not to piss off the "other" user/s who seem to have the hook for the all inclusive "return to zero" mount. I get the sales pitch, believe me...BUT we're not talking about bolt gun accuracy nor are we talking about taking human lives except for a raunchy pig or coyote.  Soooo with that said I cannot use the current REAP mount, nor our other QD mount we're about to release because myself and many DO mount an MRDS on the Pic rail portion and reserve the dovetail portion for the Wilcox Flip-to-Side mount.  Yea I know, I am accurate to ONLY within 1-3 MOA removing and taking off on the same slot, but I now have a day time dot and also an ahh shit back up site which I love having. Ever try to point shoot a charging target, I'll take my back up dot each and every time.  I know, I know, the "experts" tell and show me video on their hip shooting techniques for pin point hog shooting. I've seen all the pretty vids!  

As for the preferred optic, the ACOG's and Specter DR's (1-4x) do very well. Anytime you utilize in the inherent magnification (no digi zoom) you maintain the devices inherent resolution, in this case the 640 x 480 BAE 12µm.  

I read and reread the above, but not sure i understand yet. Do you mean you run the reap upside down using the dovetail to mount on rifle and then take the qd off and replace with a red dot? I am confused here.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:43:49 AM EDT
[#19]
First question - the cows are taken with only the thermal sights using the internal image capture

Second question - if you use the Wilcox flip-to-side mount then you will have the mini pic rail on top of the Reap-IR which is perfect to mount a RMR or DrOptik

Third question - I personally use a night force NSX 1-4x and like to run it at 2x. I have to set the diopter on the eyepiece of the thermal to zero and do not ever adjust the diopter or you loose your foresight with the day sight.

Scott IRD
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#20]
My own personal wag, most photos will be at native resolution with no digital zoom.  These scopes have pretty much equal screen and sensor resolution.  Crispness of the picture goes away once you involve digital zoom.  while I will often use digital zoom, it does not really help much on id'ing, but does make me feel a little more warm and fuzzy when centering the crosshairs.  I do really like the additional inherent magnification of the Mark III when used as a scope over the patrol.  The patrol however is still nice in e for scanning.  It all has its place.

I have read that the tech is not there for megapixel thermal sensors, but that is where digital zoom would shine-when sensor resolution greatly exceeds screen resolution.  i don't know how possible optical zoom is for thermal units, one can deal I guess.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#21]
ok, i got it explained to me in pms. I guess i am the only one who did not know------- the image can be turned, so there is no upside down to these. That is great, another feature that may come in handy!

I echoed the explanation in this reply just in case somebody else didn't know. I hope i am not the only dumbass left anyway,,,,,,,,,,,

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#22]
i just got mine by fedex,,,,just unpacked it and playing with it now. All work must stop.

I got stuck on screen with just 4 boxes and a small crosshair in the middle. Box on top is half white and half black. Box to the right is a + and pic of magnify glass. Left box is a + sign,,lower box has NVC in it. I finally got out of that by pressing toggle button and moving stick at the same time. Now every time I shut it off it shows those boxes before it shuts down. My quick reference guide does not mention this or explain it.

What is it?

Is the "quick reference" the only instructions? It is the only book i find in the box.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine is on its way, so not really qualified to answer, but from reading above and in other posts within this thread it's the quick access. The half black/white is polarity, the + with mag is magnification, the "+" is reticles and the Nvc is the NUC.

I would guess you just have to select one or the "enter" button, maybe pressing the thumb stick in?

Quoted:
i just got mine by fedex,,,,just unpacked it and playing with it now. All work must stop.

I got stuck on screen with just 4 boxes and a small crosshair in the middle. Box on top is half white and half black. Box to the right is a + and pic of magnify glass. Left box is a + sign,,lower box has NVC in it. I finally got out of that by pressing toggle button and moving stick at the same time. Now every time I shut it off it shows those boxes before it shuts down. My quick reference guide does not mention this or explain it.

What is it?

Is the "quick reference" the only instructions? It is the only book i find in the box.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

One more of the setup showing the full size 6.5 Grendel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/REAP%20D_zps59wkmdou.jpg
View Quote

Any vids?

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
LOL yes it is.  I dare ask who's you thought it was from?    We heard the rumors too, about our unit about to be copied.    But here is the thread talking about our TNVC GoPro Adapter unit HERE

Vids coming...Been hunting most of the week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that your go pro adapter on the REAP-IR?

Any vids?

LOL yes it is.  I dare ask who's you thought it was from?    We heard the rumors too, about our unit about to be copied.    But here is the thread talking about our TNVC GoPro Adapter unit HERE

Vids coming...Been hunting most of the week.

I should have read your post above where you said it was

I would much rather record like that than a dang wire running to a dvr.

Well done!

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sweet rifle setup!!

This is what I wanted to do with the 35mm mk3.  I'm so glad to see it's doable with the REAP and Patrol units, the video is so much clearer compared to the video output.

Here's a comparison between the two I shot last night.  It's too bad there wasn't more moving around though....

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 2:25:22 AM EDT
[#33]
I couldn't tell a huge difference in the direct video with gopro vs DVR. Seems marginal to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's really a great comparison you did.

Glad you like my setup and using the Wilcox mount that allows the pic rail to be freed up to mount the MRDS's.

Our GoPro works great with both units and of course the same unit works with PVS-14's etc. Funny we hear from a "few" due to Wilcox Prism we get a few degrees vignetting crop of one side and it's somehow bad. I like to still look through the actual eyepiece of the IIRD units to aim and shoot and not the GoPro screen. I also love the amber filter looking through the bright thermal splash. I like this aspect a lot as well and it's very comfortable on my eye.

Funny no one was doing this last year when we released ours...Now the marketing starts other systems get closer to the eyepiece and ours is somehow inferior....Like the Wilcox flip to the side is now somehow junk cause it's not a TRUE return to zero mount like another mount. I've killed pigs and Yotes with the flip to side mount out to 200 yards and those critters are just as dead taking the mount on and off. Funny how that all works.

Thanks again for sharing the comparison OsoGrande.
Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet rifle setup!!

This is what I wanted to do with the 35mm mk3.  I'm so glad to see it's doable with the REAP and Patrol units, the video is so much clearer compared to the video output.

Here's a comparison between the two I shot last night.  It's too bad there wasn't more moving around though....

https://youtu.be/isa2Wa2a0Qk

That's really a great comparison you did.

Glad you like my setup and using the Wilcox mount that allows the pic rail to be freed up to mount the MRDS's.

Our GoPro works great with both units and of course the same unit works with PVS-14's etc. Funny we hear from a "few" due to Wilcox Prism we get a few degrees vignetting crop of one side and it's somehow bad. I like to still look through the actual eyepiece of the IIRD units to aim and shoot and not the GoPro screen. I also love the amber filter looking through the bright thermal splash. I like this aspect a lot as well and it's very comfortable on my eye.

Funny no one was doing this last year when we released ours...Now the marketing starts other systems get closer to the eyepiece and ours is somehow inferior....Like the Wilcox flip to the side is now somehow junk cause it's not a TRUE return to zero mount like another mount. I've killed pigs and Yotes with the flip to side mount out to 200 yards and those critters are just as dead taking the mount on and off. Funny how that all works.

Thanks again for sharing the comparison OsoGrande.
Vic

Thanks, glad to help folks who may not be able to get their hands on a device prior to purchasing get a better feel for them.  Just paying it forward....

I can most definitely see the benefits of having the micro red dot on top of the thermal.  As good as these 640 core thermals are for identification, I see fewer people going with a PVS14 or other i2 device in addition to the thermals especially for those that hunt properties that they know well enough to navigate nearly blindfolded.  Seems like adding a red dot like this is a good replacement for an i2/laser combo for those folks.....

I'm with you on thinking it's much preferable to look directly through the viewfinder vs looking at the screen on the back of a GoPro to aim.  I can only imagine it would look like a flashlight shined directly in your face illuminating all the world to see you on anything resembling a dark night.  Not to mention, you're now stacking more tolerances which may or may not be an issue.

As for the amber filter, I can personally take or leave that part.  I'm betting it's very much a personal preference as to which looks better to the eye.  However, I have NO doubt the optical quality of the Wilcox beam splitter should be FAR superior to the el cheapo version I'm using for my duct tape and bubble gum version.  

Keep up the innovations!  Someone will always be around to clone a good idea.  Sometimes they are able to make improvements, but often it's not as good.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I couldn't tell a huge difference in the direct video with gopro vs DVR. Seems marginal to me.
View Quote

It's not a huge difference until you get really used to what your eye sees through the viewfinder and then you see the video output......  It can be a let down compared to what you know you saw.  

I should have scrolled through the various reticles but I got cold and called it a night since nothing was moving around to keep my interest.  If you watch various recordings that folks have posted, you'll see that often the reticle for example is not complete, there's detail missing.  In my comparison video on full screen you can see that happening even with the small reticle I have displayed.  

Other times it looks like this:

When it should look like this:
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I have been searching and searching to see if the Hunter II will work in front of an Eotech exps. Does any one know? I can't find this list of approved scopes that exists somewhere.

Eric
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Going to give some honest feedback on my IR Patrol unit: I'm disappointed. Not in the image quality, that is amazing. I'm disappointed by the fact that within a year of purchase one of the two IR Patrol M300W's had to be sent back after having a fatal flaw in the core. I'm also disappointed that within six or so months of my purchase I was told there would be no upgrades likely made to the software to correct what are obvious problems with the IR Patrol namely that it is ridiculous to zero. For a roughly $7,000 unit this thing should zero easily. What I got was something that can be zeroed for one weapon, with great difficulty. Then in the interest of making profit IR Defense fixed the glaring problems with zeroing the IR Patrol with the introduction of the Reap-IR, basically an IR Patrol with the software the IR Patrol should have had all along with a 35mm lens.

Guys, there is a disconnect here. Don't rush products to market and leave your core customers behind. The IR Patrol, while good, is not a finished product. It needs work. If you sell something as a weapon sight it should work as a weapon sight. If not, fix it. Simple as that. The IR Patrol M300W should have a software upgrade for easy zeroing and saving multiple zeroes right now. I noticed many people in this thread have asked the same question and it gets ignored and glossed over. Well it shouldn't.

Do the right thing please. Vic, I bought my two units from you. If I had known what I know now I wouldn't have made the same purchase. The IR Patrol M300W shouldn't have been released as a weapon sight. I want to love it but for the money it should do what the Reap-IR claims to do. Now I don't even know if I trust the company anymore. I want this thing to work. Fix the terrible software and offer an upgrade path.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Another issue noticed is that under recoil the joystick moves and brings up the menu. Apparently they figured this out for the Reap-IR and offered an updated software fix but the IR Patrol customers are left out in the dust? Is that how you treat customers? If I had known I was beta testing I would have passed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I just want due diligence with the fact that they offered the M300W as a capable weapon sight and it's more like a handheld unit that they slopped a reticle on. It's a nightmare to zero and it's a pain in the ass to use as a clip on. The fact that one of my units went down with a bad core is just icing on my regret cake. The worst part is that it sounds like they would probably be relatively simple software updates but they want people with IR Patrol M300W's to ... chuck them in a drawer and buy Reap-IR's? You only get one shot to do the right thing in business and this is definitely not the right thing. I'm just tired of the run around. After finally getting my unit repaired and back in my hands, I went to rezero it. After wasting a hundred rounds of Federal Gold Medal Match last time, I was not in the mood. I go to find out some info on the Reap-IR (they teased me with a possible upgrade program) and find out they fixed all the problems they knew were wrong with the Patrol and nobody cares about the old customers enough to offer a simple software update?
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just want due diligence with the fact that they offered the M300W as a capable weapon sight and it's more like a handheld unit that they slopped a reticle on. It's a nightmare to zero and it's a pain in the ass to use as a clip on. The fact that one of my units went down with a bad core is just icing on my regret cake. The worst part is that it sounds like they would probably be relatively simple software updates but they want people with IR Patrol M300W's to ... chuck them in a drawer and buy Reap-IR's? You only get one shot to do the right thing in business and this is definitely not the right thing. I'm just tired of the run around. After finally getting my unit repaired and back in my hands, I went to rezero it. After wasting a hundred rounds of Federal Gold Medal Match last time, I was not in the mood. I go to find out some info on the Reap-IR (they teased me with a possible upgrade program) and find out they fixed all the problems they knew were wrong with the Patrol and nobody cares about the old customers enough to offer a simple software update?
View Quote

FP, I expressed the same concerns with IRD directly, I certainly hope they don't abandon us.  P.S. My core failed within the first day of use, they took care of me, but I think this product may have come to market too soon and too crippled.  That being said, I absolutely love it, and so does everyone else that looks through it!!!  Please contact them and express your concern.  I know that they will take note of it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:24:22 AM EDT
[#43]
This is really discouraging to hear. I am in the market for a thermal and was pretty certain that I was going with the REAP-IR, but I fear that this unit will not be supported. Hopefully someone from IRD can speak up and add some clarity to this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 3:12:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Going to give some honest feedback on my IR Patrol unit: I'm disappointed. Not in the image quality, that is amazing. I'm disappointed by the fact that within a year of purchase one of the two IR Patrol M300W's had to be sent back after having a fatal flaw in the core. I'm also disappointed that within six or so months of my purchase I was told there would be no upgrades likely made to the software to correct what are obvious problems with the IR Patrol namely that it is ridiculous to zero. For a roughly $7,000 unit this thing should zero easily. What I got was something that can be zeroed for one weapon, with great difficulty. Then in the interest of making profit IR Defense fixed the glaring problems with zeroing the IR Patrol with the introduction of the Reap-IR, basically an IR Patrol with the software the IR Patrol should have had all along with a 35mm lens.

Guys, there is a disconnect here. Don't rush products to market and leave your core customers behind. The IR Patrol, while good, is not a finished product. It needs work. If you sell something as a weapon sight it should work as a weapon sight. If not, fix it. Simple as that. The IR Patrol M300W should have a software upgrade for easy zeroing and saving multiple zeroes right now. I noticed many people in this thread have asked the same question and it gets ignored and glossed over. Well it shouldn't.

Do the right thing please. Vic, I bought my two units from you. If I had known what I know now I wouldn't have made the same purchase. The IR Patrol M300W shouldn't have been released as a weapon sight. I want to love it but for the money it should do what the Reap-IR claims to do. Now I don't even know if I trust the company anymore. I want this thing to work. Fix the terrible software and offer an upgrade path.
View Quote

I have had the same experience almost exactly. Two units and everything.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#45]
What a company does after they have your money speaks far, far louder than fancy advertising or gun porn of the latest and greatest. Since posting my honest feedback I've had several others reiterate the same thing in message or email. Its not right. IR Defense and TNVC should be standing up and scrambling to make the problem right. I was set to buy four more units but the lack of concern for problems was so underwhelming I chose not to. This is an opportunity to publically do the right thing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Forestpatrol,
My IR Patrol has never failed, but I have been in touch with IR Defense several times by email with suggestions, observations, and questions. None of my emails took the form of complaints and none could have been interpreted as hostile.  I am not a distinguished customer, but neither am I an outcast from professional society.  I attached my credentials so they would know who they were hearing from and know the markets I influence
Never once did anyone at IR Defense bother to answer. Not one peep out of them.
My enthusiasm was blunted.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, to be 100% honest the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a new Ir Patrol,Reap-IR or both is I haven't been totally pleased with my the product support from my first MK scope. It was just a couple months old then a new model was released and I was told no firmware upgrades were coming to fix a few software issues I had (One major one). Now its said I feel better.

I liked my MK scope its been a solid hunting tool and the construction is beautiful. That said I'm not blind that it should have received a firmware upgrade by IR defense, but they choose to move on to the next greatest thing while I was left holding a mutli-thousands of dollars scope with no support.

I'm a positive guy and don't like posting negative feedback on forums I prefer to handle it in private. The only reason I posted this here today is I've seen what looks like a pattern (I'm sure I'm not the only one that's seen this) for IR Defense to build new models every year and quickly leave the old models behind with no firmware upgrades or charge for future firmware upgrades. This is not a good policy for long term sales you will lose customers. I understand that new firmware cost money and sometimes there are hardware changes to support the firmware. That said most all companies offer firmware fixes and improvements even after releasing new products look at FLIR and yes even ATN has. Paying thousands of dollars for thermal is also alot of money for me and I have to choice of where or where not to spent it.

I understand all new companies go through some growing pains its normal and I personally think IR Defense makes some of the best cutting edge thermal products on the market right now. I'm sure I will end up buying another IR Defense product in the future,but I am trigger shy right now one minute I'm buying a new Patrol or Reap-Ir the next minute I remember my MK and read post like this one and put my  card away.

I didn't make this post to be negative, I posted because I love IR defense's product line it's truly amazing, however there is a opportunity to better support their customers in the future.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#48]
They say it's easier to fool someone than convince them they've been fooled. I wanted the M300W to be what It said It was. It gives me a little solace to know other people have had problems with the IR Patrol but also worrisome to think this pattern will continue.

I want to believe this is negligence and not malice and it can be fixed. All the problems with the IR Patrol, Hunter Mk1 and future problems with the Reap-IR can be mitigated by IR Defense simply saying "If we sell it we will support it, always."
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#50]
We are sorry to hear you are having all these problems. The thumb stick issue we have known from the beginning and it seems to only be a problem with particular guns or loads because of certain recoils. We did however just implement a new thumb stick lock into the REAP-IR and if we get good feedback on it we will put it into the IR Patrol M300W and older M300W will be able to be upgraded when and if we decide the thumb stick lock is a good option. The thumb stick lock is new and we are still evaluating the feature to see the long term benefits, it does require another button push to exit the lock.

As for support IR Defense has a very good turn around and we answer our calls quickly when compared to some other industry giants that can takes months to do anything. We are also launching a new support service in the next 90 days that I believe will make everyone a lot happier and will also make the process a lot easier.

Take care,

Scott
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top