Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 6:29:37 PM EDT
Got my first PVS-14 from here on the EE. Got it for $2200 shipped, complete with helmet.

I finally did it. Found a deal I couldn't refuse on a PVS-14 setup.

$2200. Only thing is, it doesn't have a Spec Sheet. How important is that going to actually be in the long run?

Purchased here - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_172/1336829_pvs_14_omni_vii_ops_core_base_jump_and_wilcox_package.html

How'd I do?

Should be here Thursday or Friday.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice op.  I was looking at those too.  I have a pvs-7 but want to get a 14.  Looks like you did pretty well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Don't worry about the lack of datasheet - All modern PVS-14's are solid performers, so unless they have damage or other issues, it's splitting hairs for the most of it -

It's rare to go wrong with a PVS-14...

David

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a good price and I don't see any obvious blems on the tube.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't worry about the lack of datasheet - All modern PVS-14's are solid performers, so unless they have damage or other issues, it's splitting hairs for the most of it -

It's rare to go wrong with a PVS-14...
David

View Quote

+1 Data sheets are nice to have on Gen 3 tubes but not a game changer if you don't have one. Most of my tubes don't have them but I know approximately how they perform. There are places that will put your tube on a test machine but it is not cheap and I see no reason to spend the money. My standard basement test tells me if I have a short bus tube (not a standardized test).
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm SO excited to get this. Should be here Thursday!

This is my first PVS-14....my only experience with NV was the 14's I was issued in the .MIL
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is my first PVS-14....my only experience with NV was the 14's I was issued in the .MIL
View Quote

There is a good chance it will be better than your issued 14's. Every 14 I was issued looked like it had freaking chicken pox. The dual tubes were a lot cleaner, maybe because they were issued to people who took a little better care of them. At any rate, you did good.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There is a good chance it will be better than your issued 14's. Every 14 I was issued looked like it had freaking chicken pox. The dual tubes were a lot cleaner, maybe because they were issued to people who took a little better care of them. At any rate, you did good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I was REALLY nervous about buying used NV, but I decided to risk it for the price. We'll see when it comes Thursday. I think all will be well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like you did good! Definitely better then my first set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top