Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 12:41:01 AM EDT
At our indoor range I was rifle shooting and the BNVDs cut out several times...completely once to where I needed to turn em off and back on. The rest of the time the image kinda dimmed significantly before coming back full force. It would always start as the first round was fired. I was using my surefire KM2 in near complete darkness and an LDI ITAL. I'm hoping it was just a function of the bright source protection that I'm not used to, but the fact that it needed to be turned off and back on is troubling...especially since we're working towards using NV for tactical applications. They did do just fine for the last 10 or so rounds and I've since turned em on and off with no noticeable issues. Any help or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Vic. The weapon was an AR15 with a 16 inch barrel and my flash hider is a YHM Phantom. I did see some flash through the nods but it didn't look too big. If it does turn out to be the flash hider, any suggestions on a replacement?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Vic, I really appreciate the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top