Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 6:35:38 PM EDT
ive been lurking in this forum on and off for quite some time...is there anyway to get into this and not drop 3-4k and get something descent for 1000-1500?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
ive been lurking in this forum on and off for quite some time...is there anyway to get into this and not drop 3-4k and get something descent for 1000-1500?
View Quote

There are. Right now in the EE a member is selling a PVS-14 / MX10160 combination (Gen 3, very good quality) for $1600 OBO. I'm betting the "OBO" part will bring it within your price range.

Also, eBay is a treasure trove for used NV gear. Just be aware the true "AN/PVS-14" units can be stolen US .Gov property, so you might want to stay away from those. However, I've seen Envis and PVS-14's with very high performance go for $800-1200 with great frequency. Just use common sense and only buy from reputable seller with ACTUAL photos including some THROUGH the tube.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
TNVC sell a couple items in that price range that are pretty good.

M485 red dot

TNV/PVS-4

Or like mentioned, you can look for deals on used PVS-14.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like dvp18 said, take a look at these.

M485 red dot

TNV/PVS-4

They are great systems. I will add, be careful when buying used night vision and really do your homework to ensure you are getting a quality system, that isn't going to be a paperweight when you receive it.
View Quote

I keep forgetting that TNVC actually has some stuff now that we mere mortals can actually afford.  

I would consider this Option #1, since Gen 2 SHP can be just as good as the older Gen3 stuff you'll find on eBay, and with TNVC you'll never have to worry about getting a POS Paperweight.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Good point.  Buying anything used has inherent risks, but when you're spending thousands of dollars it's a new level of risk.  I would probably be too scared to buy used NV unless I knew the seller.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I built my first NV monocular as a Envis/Micro hybrid for $1300. The tube was from 1992 and offered amazing performance! I took a gamble, and won, but that's not always the case. I'd be extremely cautious on Ebay, and would only buy from a good standing member here. There are also a few members here (HINT, they often post in the NV section) that I'd buy a unit from with little to no questions asked, because I know they'd sell it for what its honestly worth.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Buying blemished stuff at a discount is an option too.  I bought an beater PVS-14 this way for $1k and it was well worth it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushman, off topic, but that drawing in your avatar had to have come from one of your daughters, right?

I spewed a bit of beer when I took a close look at it, ha ha ha!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bushman, off topic, but that drawing in your avatar had to have come from one of your daughters, right?

I spewed a bit of beer when I took a close look at it, ha ha ha!

View Quote

HELLO KITTY IS NEVER OFF TOPIC!

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top