Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2014 5:23:01 PM EDT
it looks like two 2032's shrink wrapped together.

I got a few of them (the beacons) from TNVC, but cannot find the batteries on their website or anyone else's for that matter.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If you find them, I can use a couple as well
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have tried simply stacking two 2032s, and it didn't work.  I put a little piece of metal between them, and it didn't work.

I called Adventure Lights directly and they gave me the part number, but then told me that they do not sell directly to consumers, only to their distributers/dealers.

Maybe one of their dealers will start stocking this popular item......hint, hint TNVC.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
why in the world would two 2032's stacked not work?

thats all that they are... hmmm
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why in the world would two 2032's stacked not work?

thats all that they are... hmmm
View Quote

I dissected the factory battery pack.  It is not just two 2032s stacked; they are soldered together via an intermediate piece of metal.  My guess is that with the relatively large surface area, not enough contact force is applied by simply stacking.  YMMV
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
hmmm time to experiment with some 2032's

I have relatively good soldering skills, maybe i can make something happen
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think we got em, Clasky just had not placed them on the web site.  I will pester him next week.  We will order pronto if not.  Thanks for the reminder!

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have tried simply stacking two 2032s, and it didn't work.  I put a little piece of metal between them, and it didn't work.

I called Adventure Lights directly and they gave me the part number, but then told me that they do not sell directly to consumers, only to their distributers/dealers.

Maybe one of their dealers will start stocking this popular item......hint, hint TNVC.  

I think we got em, Clasky just had not placed them on the web site.  I will pester him next week.  We will order pronto if not.  Thanks for the reminder!

Vic

Thanks, also if you could put the Jaime fan club patch on the website it would be great.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#8]
lol there is a jamie fan club patch?? does she know about this?

Let us know when the battery packs come up on the website, I need some.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I could use a couple of the batteries as well. Hey Vic, can you PM me when they're available?

Thanks,

Jeff
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#10]
just on a side note, this past weekend I dropped two 2032 batteries in for giggles and it worked just fine.

not sure what the difference really is
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
just on a side note, this past weekend I dropped two 2032 batteries in for giggles and it worked just fine.

not sure what the difference really is
View Quote

Pretty sure the manual states that you can do this too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Vic
View Quote

Did these ever make it onto your website; I am not seeing them?

I still have a couple spares left from the batch you sent me previously, but I'd like to replenish my inventory.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top