BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now that I have a PS-14, are there any tubes available that will fit this housing if the tube dies or I decide to upgrade to gen 3? Does it take the same tubes as a PVS-14?
View Quote

I don't think so, the PS-14 and NSP2 housing use a 43 mm tube. And I personally don't know of any US Made Gen3 tube that is 43mm Inverting... the PVS-7 tube might work in there with some modification to the housing but then you'll need the back end of a Night Spirit 2 with the optical inverter to get the image straight up.

G.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Look what came today!

Really bad camera phone picture:

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Very nice!! :)

G.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
So I found a user manual for the PS-14, looks like it can take a CR123 with an adapter, but my unit did not come with the adapter. Is that something I can buy somewhere? Is it also a PVS-14 accessory? I tried doing a search, but turned up nothing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]
So I picked up a PS-14 a couple months ago and absolutely love it. I'm thinking about getting another to run as a bino set up but wanted to know if anyone has tried this yet. I'd like to run them with the N-Vision Dual PVS-14 Adapter but am not sure if it'll fit. Anyone tried this yet?

https://tnvc.com/shop/n-vision-dual-pvs-14-adapter/
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I picked up a PS-14 a couple months ago and absolutely love it. I'm thinking about getting another to run as a bino set up but wanted to know if anyone has tried this yet. I'd like to run them with the N-Vision Dual PVS-14 Adapter but am not sure if it'll fit. Anyone tried this yet?

View Quote

That will not work. It is meant to be used on the front lens ring on the PVS-14... The PS-14 or Night Spiri2 housing don't have anywhere to hook it up to.

G.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That will not work. It is meant to be used on the front lens ring on the PVS-14... The PS-14 or Night Spiri2 housing don't have anywhere to hook it up to.

G.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.

So any other options or maybe even a means to modify this one with an adapter? Another bridge mount that might work?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So any other options or maybe even a means to modify this one with an adapter? Another bridge mount that might work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.

There is barely any space in between the lens and the housing so I don't think you can modify the Nvision bridge to work on PS-14...  you probably have to look into something like the MODarmory bridge, which is effectively a pair of J-arms... it "should" work.

G.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Very nice!! :)

G.
View All Quotes

Since you seem to be the expert here I have a couple of questions.

The user guide says to start with the diopter screwed all the way in and unscrew it until the grain becomes sharp. Is it normal for it to be sharpest when it's screwed in all the way? It gets harder to focus on anything if I unscrew the diopter very much.

There is a plastic ring up against the part of the lens I turn to focus, and it spins freely, is it supposed to be there, and what is it?

Is there somewhere I can get a replacement daylight cover, or something I can screw into the lens to protect it? Does it hurt anything for it to be exposed to light as long as I leave the power turned off?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The user guide says to start with the diopter screwed all the way in and unscrew it until the grain becomes sharp. Is it normal for it to be sharpest when it's screwed in all the way? It gets harder to focus on anything if I unscrew the diopter very much.

There is a plastic ring up against the part of the lens I turn to focus, and it spins freely, is it supposed to be there, and what is it?

Is there somewhere I can get a replacement daylight cover, or something I can screw into the lens to protect it? Does it hurt anything for it to be exposed to light as long as I leave the power turned off?

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks!

LOL, no expert, just played with one of those for quite a bit of time... :)

So the plastic ring is the lock ring, its used to prevent the eyepiece from coming un-screwed.  The diopter dial should be first set to zero and then while holding it at zero the entire eyepiece should be tightened into the housing until you see a sharp image. Make sure you're viewing with corrected vision; i.e. if you wear glasses, make sure you have them on. Then the other lockring should be tightened to press gently against the eyepiece threaded ring.

I have a spare cap for the 1X lens lying around somewhere... if you send me a pic of the front lens om yours I'll check it is the same lens that I have.

G.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So the plastic ring is the lock ring, its used to prevent the eyepiece from coming un-screwed.  The diopter dial should be first set to zero and then while holding it at zero the entire eyepiece should be tightened into the housing until you see a sharp image. Make sure you're viewing with corrected vision; i.e. if you wear glasses, make sure you have them on. Then the other lockring should be tightened to press gently against the eyepiece threaded ring.

I have a spare cap for the 1X lens lying around somewhere... if you send me a pic of the front lens om yours I'll check it is the same lens that I have.

G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

G.

I think I'm more confused now

This is the plastic ring that spins and doesn't seem to do anything:

This is the diopter adjustment, right? This is the only part that spins and I don't see a lock ring anywhere, unless it's the small ring right before the rubber eye thing, but it looks like it has a screw holding it in place.

And here is the front lens, I'm not sure what angle you wanted to see it from:

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay, so I got confused too.. I thought it was a PS-14, not a Night Spirit 2... I don't have the lens cover for that guy (when I sold mine it was on the lens) I have the 1X lens cover for a PS-14...

So the spinning thing in the front lens was part of the cap. It had two rubber cords that held the cap when it was over the lens. In your case it doesn't do anything anymore since your cap is no more.. see here:

There you can see how the cap was held by the two rubber cords...

The diopter adjustment is fine; but my educated guess as for the reason why you barely have to take it out is because the optical inverter was threaded in all the way to the front; thus allowing for the scope to be a around 2 mm shorter... which helps when headmounting it... and will give you a litte bit larger apparent circle as well...

G.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Okay, so I got confused too.. I thought it was a PS-14, not a Night Spirit 2... I don't have the lens cover for that guy (when I sold mine it was on the lens) I have the 1X lens cover for a PS-14...

So the spinning thing in the front lens was part of the cap. It had two rubber cords that held the cap when it was over the lens. In your case it doesn't do anything anymore since your cap is no more.. see here:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/q81/p180x540/1780869_666724760108398_5163355081067466208_n.jpg?oh=5c52418500ca55c79d2a4c1d326349d2&oe=559137B1&__gda__=1435203385_584a3f8805ee1fdf1d170cc46db53e2b

There you can see how the cap was held by the two rubber cords...

The diopter adjustment is fine; but my educated guess as for the reason why you barely have to take it out is because the optical inverter was threaded in all the way to the front; thus allowing for the scope to be a around 2 mm shorter... which helps when headmounting it... and will give you a litte bit larger apparent circle as well...

G.

View Quote

Got it, thanks! I can't wait for it to get dark again tonight so I can play with it more
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Got it, thanks! I can't wait for it to get dark again tonight so I can play with it more
View Quote

Guys, if there ever was an opportunity to reply with a "that's what she said" response, this was it.  It's been over 24 hours.  I'm disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Guys, if there ever was an opportunity to reply with a "that's what she said" response, this was it.  It's been over 24 hours.  I'm disappointed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't have to wait for dark for that
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#16]
more pics
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Alright, I'm going to try one of these night spirit 2s. Really hope it's not a dud. I will report back with pics when it comes in.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have an answer to my question about the AA/CR123 adapter?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is an adapter for CR123 to AA, a little plastic cylinder that screws into the battery cap.

G.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There is an adapter for CR123 to AA, a little plastic cylinder that screws into the battery cap.

G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.

Yeah I get that, I saw that in the manual but I'm having a hard time sourcing the adapter. I thought maybe they make the same thing for a PVS14 or something? Anyone have a link where I can buy one?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I just ordered the 1x lens and adapter from the amazon links a few pages back. To change the lens do I just unscrew this part I circled?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just ordered the 1x lens and adapter from the amazon links a few pages back. To change the lens do I just unscrew this part I circled?

http://s28.postimg.org/7141ths4t/20150227_143643.jpg
View Quote

Yes, that comes off...

Which lens... and what link?

G.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes, that comes off...

G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that comes off...

G.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ILSMD4

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WIMB9E
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that comes off...

G.

and

Hopefully that one works, its a 1/2" fomat lens, and I think you need a 1" format lens... so there might be some vignetting around the edges.... again, not sure.

G.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hopefully that one works, its a 1/2" fomat lens, and I think you need a 1" format lens... so there might be some vignetting around the edges.... again, not sure.

G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that comes off...

G.

and

G.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened to the person that posted those links originally or why no one else has posted with results. I guess I'll be the first

It really annoys me that the stock 3x lens that comes on the night spirit is too big and blocks out part of the IR illuminator. Whoever designed this thing should be fired
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm not sure what happened to the person that posted those links originally or why no one else has posted with results. I guess I'll be the first

It really annoys me that the stock 3x lens that comes on the night spirit is too big and blocks out part of the IR illuminator. Whoever designed this thing should be fired
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that comes off...

G.

and

G.

LMAO... yes, but at 449 you shouldn't argue too much about it... its a decent scope, really... is no PVS-14, but it will work under most cases. :)

G.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
LMAO... yes, but at 449 you shouldn't argue too much about it... its a decent scope, really... is no PVS-14, but it will work under most cases. :)

G.
View Quote

Yes, I'm still blown away at the image quality. I don't have anything to compare it to but I can't imagine needing anything better for my uses
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes, I'm still blown away at the image quality. I don't have anything to compare it to but I can't imagine needing anything better for my uses
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.

Be careful, those were the same exact "fast famous" words before I plunged into Gen3... now I am about to finish building my 5th working Gen3 scope.

G.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Be careful, those were the same exact "fast famous" words before I plunged into Gen3... now I am about to finish building my 5th working Gen3 scope.

G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.

G.

Don't say that! Or I'll have to unsubscribe from this thread

I highly recommend the streamlight sidewinder compact LED flashlight (link). It has 4 brightness levels of white, red, blue, and IR LEDs. It was a very useful little light before I had the night spirit but the IR is the best part. I haven't taken it outside yet but inside the lowest setting is about equal to the built in illuminator on the night spirit. The next 3 levels cause the automatic brightness control to kick in and dim the scope. I didn't think it would be nearly that bright. There is a slightly more expensive version that comes with a head strap and helmet mount and also will take AA or CR123 batteries. The one I have will only take a CR123
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:43:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I highly recommend the streamlight sidewinder compact LED flashlight (link). It has 4 brightness levels of white, red, blue, and IR LEDs. It was a very useful little light before I had the night spirit but the IR is the best part. I haven't taken it outside yet but inside the lowest setting is about equal to the built in illuminator on the night spirit. The next 3 levels cause the automatic brightness control to kick in and dim the scope. I didn't think it would be nearly that bright. There is a slightly more expensive version that comes with a head strap and helmet mount and also will take AA or CR123 batteries. The one I have will only take a CR123
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.

G.

LOL, where are you going? Inside a cave?? The NSP2 should work well under most outdoor conditions... you shouldn't need an active IR light unless you plan on going deep into the forest or inside a cave...

G.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that comes off...

G.

and

G.

Well I'm looking at doing this as well. What 1" lense would you recommend?

ETA: also do I need the same adaptor or a different one?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I know nothing about lenses, where does it say 1" or 1/2"? And what part of the lens is that size? The only numbers I see mentioned are 16mm and 25mm
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I know nothing about lenses, where does it say 1" or 1/2"? And what part of the lens is that size? The only numbers I see mentioned are 16mm and 25mm
View Quote

You have to do a little bit of digging to find an ad that lists that dimension.  1" is the image circle projected by the lens at the focal plane, which will cover the entire image of the tube in the Night Spirit.  A 1/2" lens projects a 1/2" circle, which is smaller than the front window on the tube - hence Gman's comment about vignetting.

The 16 and 25mm measurements are the focal lengths of the lenses - simplified, think of that as correlating to the field of view that the lens can capture.  In the context of this application, it's the 'magnification' of the lens.  25mm is approximately 1x or zero magnification on the Night Spirit (not exactly, but about as close as you're going to get in a prime (non-zoom) lens).  The Night Spirit's factory 3x lens would be something like 75mm (IIRC, it's actually a bit less, but that's not important).

Your best bet for finding one is to keep an eye on eBay.  I picked up a decently fast 25mm 1" format Canon CCTV lens for not much money.

Edit: On the topic of lens speed, most lenses you'll find will be in the F1.2-1.4 range.  This is completely fine for the Night Spirit.  The faster the lens (lower the F-number (it's a ratio)), the more light gets let in for a given time.  Not super critical so long as it's in that ballpark when lens shopping for this scope, but thought I'd mention it for the sake of explaining the numbers you'll see.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I've read this whole thread (parts a few time) but am trying to figure out if anyone successfully mounted the Night Spirit to their weapon? Would like to mount it behind a T-1 for hog hunting.

Thanks all
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've read this whole thread (parts a few time) but am trying to figure out if anyone successfully mounted the Night Spirit to their weapon? Would like to mount it behind a T-1 for hog hunting.

Thanks all
View Quote

Do you have one yet? They are extremely long and heavy. I wouldn't want it on a weapon
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Nope, was holding off for this reason. I have a Gen 1 I like to fart with (trying even more IR light this year) but we stand hunt, just seemed easier to scan/shoot w/ weapon mounted.

No humping it through the woods, supported shooting position, etc. I run my current monocular ona  crappy web-type head rig and it works OK.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got my night spirit 2. Very happy for the money. A little bit of dirt on the housing, nothing a wet wipe couldn't take care of. The lense cap looks like it was torn off, but I'm not concerned about it.

There isn't a single spot on the tube that I could find. The shadow at the bottom is the honking 3x lense blocking the onboard IR illuminater.

The thing is huge, but that's ok for me. I'm going to grab the adaptor and a 1x lense that should reduce the weight considerably as the 3x lense is a little more than half of the overall weight. This should also shorten it up a little bit as well.

Also, mine came with the CR-123 adaptor. You can screw the adaptor off and run on AA's as well. That is a nifty feature.

I am very happy with this as my first NV purchase.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just got my night spirit 2. Very happy for the money. A little bit of dirt on the housing, nothing a wet wipe couldn't take care of. The lense cap looks like it was torn off, but I'm not concerned about it.

There isn't a single spot on the tube that I could find. The shadow at the bottom is the honking 3x lense blocking the onboard IR illuminater.

http://i.imgur.com/875c4WH.jpg

The thing is huge, but that's ok for me. I'm going to grab the adaptor and a 1x lense that should reduce the weight considerably as the 3x lense is a little more than half of the overall weight. This should also shorten it up a little bit as well.

Also, mine came with the CR-123 adaptor. You can screw the adaptor off and run on AA's as well. That is a nifty feature.

I am very happy with this as my first NV purchase.
View Quote

Awesome! Mine only has one small black spot but I can't get it to show up in pictures. I don't even notice it unless I'm looking for it. I'm jealous yours came with the CR123 adapter, mine didn't but I'll live.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#39]
So I did some minor experimenting with the batteries, and the CR123s seem to give a better picture than using AAs. I used a brand new Surefire CR-123A and a brand new Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA for the testing. With the CR-123 there appears to be slightly less grain and the illuminator is brighter when it is on.

I have a helmet mount however the optic is just mashing my face when using it. I tried Gmans mod for gaining a few precious millimeters, but the locking ring on the image inverter is basically cemented in place. I know someone made a spacer block for the actual helmet mount. How did that get made? I am also looking into getting a height adjustment plate for my rhino mount.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:27:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So I did some minor experimenting with the batteries, and the CR123s seem to give a better picture than using AAs. I used a brand new Surefire CR-123A and a brand new Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA for the testing. With the CR-123 there appears to be slightly less grain and the illuminator is brighter when it is on.

I have a helmet mount however the optic is just mashing my face when using it. I tried Gmans mod for gaining a few precious millimeters, but the locking ring on the image inverter is basically cemented in place. I know someone made a spacer block for the actual helmet mount. How did that get made? I am also looking into getting a height adjustment plate for my rhino mount.
View Quote

Use a very thin hex screwdriver to slide inside one the little holes and then pry it open with your fingers by using the screwdriver shaft as a leverage point. It shouldn't be cemented in place. (Mine wasn't and was NOS) The first time should be tight tho, but not cemented...

G.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Use a very thin hex screwdriver to slide inside one the little holes and then pry it open with your fingers by using the screwdriver shaft as a leverage point. It shouldn't be cemented in place. (Mine wasn't and was NOS) The first time should be tight tho, but not cemented...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10422311_669007096546831_8017175513313337672_n.jpg?oh=061200896973a39e032084afd8d67b25&oe=55906B81&__gda__=1433991527_2e6da33aaf9c9534207e7c0ecdd2c241

G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10422311_669007096546831_8017175513313337672_n.jpg?oh=061200896973a39e032084afd8d67b25&oe=55906B81&__gda__=1433991527_2e6da33aaf9c9534207e7c0ecdd2c241

G.

I did attempt that method. Unfortunately I almost got to the point where the Allen wrench almost snapped. I also put a second Allen wrench in the other hole and tried using both of my thumbs. I did that to try and spread the force out, still a no go. By cemented I just meant its on and not coming off.

I am considering a titanium rhino II mount as that would give me some height adjust.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I did attempt that method. Unfortunately I almost got to the point where the Allen wrench almost snapped. I also put a second Allen wrench in the other hole and tried using both of my thumbs. I did that to try and spread the force out, still a no go. By cemented I just meant its on and not coming off.

I am considering a titanium rhino II mount as that would give me some height adjust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.

Might want to use a heat gun with a narrow nozzle to get the area warmed up; I remember mine was a bit tight, but I managed with the allen wrench...

I have a rhino II and it worked great. You might need to remove the washer from the shoulder screw where you tighten the J-Arm

G.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got my night spirit 2 yesterday.  Mine has at least 3 back spots and sort of a rubbed out mark right in the middle.  sorry I don't think I can get a
good picture.

What should I do?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just got my night spirit 2 yesterday.  Mine has at least 3 back spots and sort of a rubbed out mark right in the middle.  sorry I don't think I can get a
good picture.

What should I do?
View Quote

Man, that not what I want to hear. I just order one yesterday. You would think since the price went up that the units left would reflect the price increase. If there is a spot in the center it makes it unusable with a weapons sight, so I would send it back.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Man, that not what I want to hear. I just order one yesterday. You would think since the price went up that the units left would reflect the price increase. If there is a spot in the center it makes it unusable with a weapons sight, so I would send it back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
good picture.

What should I do?

Call them before you order, at least that's what I would do.

G.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Alright, So I have been fiddling around with my head gear and I have it running MUCH better now.

1. I adjusted the straps a lot and made them much tighter to control the unit better. I really tightened up the rear straps to help with the droop.
2. I put a MASSIVE counter weight on the helmet. A fully loaded 15 rd FNX-45 mag and my MS-2000 in a small molle pouch on shroud strap.
3. The other thing that REALLY improved mounting it to my helmet is removing the eye cup. Instead of that thing mashing up against my eye socket The screen is roughly 1 cm from my eye. I know that is still very close, but it's actually working much better.

It's actually usable in this configuration. Tomorrow I should be getting my 1x lens and adapter which should make it shorter and lighter. I should be able to shed most of my counterweight with that improvement.

Also I forgot to mention I found a small blemish at about 1:30 about 2-3 degrees from the edge. It is very minor, but I only saw it with a CR-123 battery and the IR on while staring at a very close white wall.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Could someone post a picture of the CR123 battery adapter? I want to try and make one or source something similar but I don't want to damage my unit. If I can see how it's designed, I can copy it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:21:48 AM EDT
[#48]
where can we buy replacement tubes for the Night Spirit?  how much do they cost?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Could someone post a picture of the CR123 battery adapter? I want to try and make one or source something similar but I don't want to damage my unit. If I can see how it's designed, I can copy it.
View Quote

There's a photo of it in one of my posts in the first few pages of this thread.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Just ordered a computar 1:3 25mm lens off fleabay for this project. I think these are 2/3" profile, but better than the 1/2" I have been seeing everywhere. Some folk want way too much money for those things.
Edit: The only ones I could find a listing on that are manual 25mm f/1:3 is the V2513, and 18. Both are 1" profile, sensor size. Any good for the Night Spirit?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top