BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I can hear my ITT while wearing it if its quiet enough, as well as other ones I've owned. Not true with either L3 I've had, although I got rid of the other due to the "screen door" effect not agreeing with me. It is interesting the various characteristics the same technology has when manufacturered by different companies. At one point in time I preferred ITT, but now the tide is turning. This new tube completely blew me away as well as all preconceived notions I had on what I thought I knew.

ETA:
Very nice ridewaves! What laser are you scoping? I have a cheapy as of now and I'm thinking of grabbing another one with more features.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Those are the two I'm also looking at. I've heard rumors that us civies will have more options soon though, so I'm holding out to see what Vic brings us
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
great specs

Also you may consider taking the picture down and just typing your specs in

i read somewhere its no-no to post a pic of the data sheet per ITAR since we have international members on these boards.
View Quote

If I was a dealer I would not post pics of data sheets. They error on the side of caution as they should. It is a grey area. I post pics of them from time to time. Mostly of older tubes such as SELA tubes. The specs are public information for the most part and I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted for showing pics of a data sheet. Then again I never thought I would get a knock on my door for a 1970's vintage PVS-4.

Ever since the agent Wu shenanigans I post very few (if any) pics of my personal gear. I post pics of things I find on the internet all the time. If it is in the public domain Wu can't ever claim I own it. All my NV gear was lost in a tragic boating accident anyhow... Even more unfortunate is they were all attached to my guns which were lost as well. Very tragic....

I actually own a boat so it passes the smell test.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this deal still going?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not anymore but it was a hell of a deal while it lasted. My hopes is that we see it again either for either Black Friday or Christmas. After having a friends PVS-14 and my new one together I really got the itch for going for the binoculars

I would recommend keeping an eye on their website where they'll post upcoming and current deals.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Indeed is all I will say on this one.

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not anymore but it was a hell of a deal while it lasted. My hopes is that we see it again either for either Black Friday or Christmas. After having a friends PVS-14 and my new one together I really got the itch for going for the binoculars

I would recommend keeping an eye on their website where they'll post upcoming and current deals.

Vic

Any chance of a labor day sale?  I have NV money burning a hole in my pocket.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:38:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Vic
View Quote

NO.... no way man! I have to let my VISA recuperate after your last sale.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Damnit, I was just getting ready to order #2
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Playing catch up?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Playing catch up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Playing catch up?

....with the way you fuckers buy tubes, yes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Nice....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Playing catch up?

....with the way you fuckers buy tubes, yes.

Nice....

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not sure what you mean here?  I think as others have said your observations are a bit off.  The tube here is a pretty darn good one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This latest batch had a few more 72's than average.  

In regards to 72LP units, while that is a good number, there is not a drastic difference in resolution. It can be seen with slightly better details of tree branches, leaves, etc. Our big likes along with so many of our customers with our US contract L3 Mil Spec tubes is the all around performance specs themselves, they are superb, REALLY great performers. I cannot say enough how good the L3 tubes as of late are performing.

Thank you to all whom have ordered, your business is greatly appreciated and never taken for granted.

Vic

Well, it looks like you guys shipped my L3 tube PVS-14 today. With some luck, maybe I'll have one of those 72LP's

Received mine today and just opened it up. Haven't tried it out yet. here is the sheet.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2dme0p2.jpg

I guess yesterday wasn't your lucky day as you didn't get a 72LP. These are supposed to be Omni VIII tubes, right. Comparing your spec sheet to this post, http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/317705_.html , it looks like your specs are between Omni VI and VII. Now the spec sheet for the one shown on page 3 looks more like I'd expect for an Omni VIII. Your FOM (Figure of Merit, calculation of S/N and resolution) seems average at best and is about 15% lower than the tube whose specs are listed on page 3. The Night Enforcers being sold 3 years ago generally all had specs that were equal to and in many cases exceeded the specs of the tube who's data sheet is on page 3. I know comparing an ITT tube to an L3 tube could be called comparing apples to oranges, but if your a numbers or data sheet junkie, I would have expected more from a tube that is supposed to be Omni VIII and 3 years newer than older tubes with better average specs.

Not sure what you mean here?  I think as others have said your observations are a bit off.  The tube here is a pretty darn good one.

I was comparing the specs from the 2 data sheets that were posted to the specs posted by CJ7hawk in a post in the above mentioned thread. At the time I posted, the one guys tube did have specs that were in between Omni VI specs and Omni VII specs according to what was shown on his chart. Evidently, about 7 hours later, CJ7hawk edited that chart and the specs for Omni VIII were reduced to be similar to Omni VI specs, so yeah, if you'd compare his specs to that chart now, you could say that it does meet the level of Omni VIII. My observations were based on the specifications that were posted at that time which is why I thought it was not up to expected Omni VIII standards. But comparing it to the chart as it is now for Omni VIII, then your right, it is a good tube.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top