BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/1/2014 11:53:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a great deal!  I'm anxiously waiting for mine to show up today.  FedEx says 'out for delivery'.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
heck of a deal!!

and IN STOCK too!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow this a great deal! I really like the L3 tubes shipping in these systems if wasn't  already NV mono rich I would order one myself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks Terry. I personally like the Mil-Spec Omni 8's and yes they come sheeted with L3 factory data sheets for some who do not know.

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow this a great deal! I really like the L3 tubes shipping in these systems if wasn't  already NV mono rich I would order one myself.

Thanks Terry. I personally like the Mil-Spec Omni 8's and yes they come sheeted with L3 factory data sheets for some who do not know.

Vic

Very nice sale and a tremendous deal !! I don't think I could build a new one with these features myself for this price.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a good thing my heat pump is dead, because if I bought another one of these, my wife would murder me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's a good thing my heat pump is dead, because if I bought another one of these, my wife would murder me.
View Quote

Turn out the lights and she won't be able to see you.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah,  I just had a contractor walk off the job yesterday...and then I saw this thread.

Just my luck...

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah,  I just had a contractor walk off the job yesterday...and then I saw this thread.

Just my luck...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my luck...

Ouch.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#12]
These are glorious!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
What's a good budget conscious head mount system for the "Basic" kit?
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:12:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

ops core base jump or team wendy LTP with a used rhino mount
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Also, the Crye Precision Night Cap with Wilcox 3-Hole Shroud and L4 G11 Mount

Night Cap

Wilcox 3-Hole Shroud

Wilcox L4 G11
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, the Crye Precision Night Cap with Wilcox 3-Hole Shroud and L4 G11 Mount

Night Cap

Wilcox 3-Hole Shroud

Wilcox L4 G11

My exact nightcap setup (er...no, I have the G24 instead of the G11...but close!)  
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah...I could google...but I'm hoping to get comments specific to this TVNC Basic Kit....

Can someone please summarize the high level hardware differences between this TNVC Basic Kit, the OPMOD and the Armasight PVS-14?  Are the hardware difference just in the tubes and accessories.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Clean up.......... <coctailer>
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Take it to PMs........ <coctailer>
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#23]
How long is the lead time, roughly? Got notice I'm on the wait list.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Yea, have this sale a week before I get married. Good move tnvc, good one.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool. Thanks. This sale was the straw that broke my resistance, btw. Good deal.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Order placed! Thanks for the great deal. Also Teddy and Kristen were very helpful to me on my order.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Ops Core and Wendy LTP both have the shrouds built in...and I would only need a mount..correct?

What's the difference between the USGI Rhino Mount and the Wilcox L4 G11...is it just more adjustable options on the Wilcox L4 G11?

Getting closer to placing an order..but might as well make one BIG order and maybe save on some shipping costs....appreciate all the feedback!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The Ops Core and Wendy LTP both have the shrouds built in...and I would only need a mount..correct?

What's the difference between the USGI Rhino Mount and the Wilcox L4 G11...is it just more adjustable options on the Wilcox L4 G11?

Getting closer to placing an order..but might as well make one BIG order and maybe save on some shipping costs....appreciate all the feedback!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The USGI Rhino has recently changed and the new ones have vertical adjustment. Don't know if they are for sale commercially yet (ask TNVC). The older Rhino had no vertical adjust which was a deal breaker for me. I need the vertical adjust. The designer mounts as I like to call them add more features and are usually lighter. You can't go wrong with the Wicox. If going with the Rhino make sure it is the new style IMHO. Mounts are tricky because everyone seems to like their own. The L4 G11 is a very good mount and would work well.

For some the standard USGI Rhino works great and they need nothing else. I struggle with recommending mounts because everybody has different needs. I use a Norotos TATM made out of titanium. It is tough, lightweight and has generous adjustment. I need nothing else. It is also a $500 mount.  They have mounts that eliminate the J arm wiggle if that bothers you. Ask the guys at TNVC and tell them your needs. They won't steer you wrong.

I also know a FEW who love the dreaded skullcrusher. They are built differently than I and they may not be human. Most find the skullcrusher is a well engineered torture device. The OpCore and TW helmets have a shroud and all you need is a mount.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having used the Wilcox G24, which appears to be similar in some basic ways (as the Wilcox systems all seem to be) to the G11, based on photos and others' reviews and comparisons, and based on my own use of the USGI Norotos Rhino and the new USGI Norotos "RHNO II," I still prefer the Wilcox mounts:

Based on photos and other user reports, if you are or must be stuck with the USGI J-Arm (which I am so far ) it looks like the G11 does the best job of protecting the release lever from accidental release (I really hate this, really really, murderman will disagree with me, 'cause he likes it, but that's neither here nor there) - the RHNO II, will protect it really well if the eye relief adjustment is all the way back - but the further you move it forward, the more exposed the lever becomes.  On the G11, the J-Arm's actual lever is protected, while a smaller button on the mount is used to release the lever.  

Speaking of the eye relief adjustment, once again, having used the G24, albeit briefly, I preferred both the eye relief and elevation adjustment of the Wilcox to either of the USGI mounts, though I've heard that the Norotos thumbscrew elevation adjustment (like on the TATM, AKA2, and INVG) is even nicer.  The RHNO II eye relief adjustment appears to be the strongest in terms of binding up due to bending or torquing of the adjustment "rails," but may (I have not yet tested it) be more prone to binding up due to grit in the mechanism.  

Needless to say, mounts seem to be a tricky business in terms of picking the "right" one - and the cost of them doesn't help the case, though I've been fortunate to have several members offer to let me give different mounts a try.  Like I said, for now, I'm still using the standard USGI bits, and will probably wait until I can make a "big upgrade" to change it.  

I do think, however, that there are a couple of TATMs with shrouds on the EE right now for less than $200, plus a bayonet to dovetail adapter from TNVC would be a lower cost option but a step up from the standard USGI Rhino, while eBay frequently has AKA2s that go for under $200, some with shroud, some without, though you need to be careful on eBay as there are a lot of knock-off mounts and airsofters on eBay.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Couple more casts with that bait a little closer..
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The "new" Rhino Arms that Dino mentioned that have won the US Army contract is the Wilcox G11 that has vertical adjustment http://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-l4-g11-mount/ along with a very innovative tightening feature to minimize the wobbles of the standard PVS-14 J-Arm.

Norotos also won part of the Army contract to supply a new Rhino replacement but these have only been released to the "commercial" market in the last few weeks. Only Mil groups have received the units up to now. (Yea I know many have been seen on Flea Bay. )  These new units are otw to us this week and Clasky will be writing up our review. These are one of the few items we did not receive ahead of time from the OEM, (we had the G11 to test before release) so Clasky and the rest of us are anxious to work this one as well.  Please don't ask why we did not just purcahse one from FleaBay!

Vic

Edit for seattlite.  In regards to your helmet inquiries. The OPS Core Base Jump has an integrated all polymer shroud that is part of the shell. The TW LTP Bump also has built-in molded NVG shroud, but  TW went one step furhter by utilizing an integrated Wilcox® insert, machined from 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum, which dramatically improves durability over plastic shrouds while ensuring an extremely precise interface with NVG mounting arms. So yes, for both helmets, all you would need is the mount itself.  Hope this helps.
View Quote

Will the jarm ever be upgraded?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#37]
If you're on the fence, just do it!

These units are unbelievable, speaking from personal experience.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I have no practical need for one of these, but I'm trying to justify it as prep for SHTF.  I know someone with a PVS-14 from TNVC...I'm probably going to play around with it tonight and then I'll *have* to order one for myself.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have no practical need for one of these, but I'm trying to justify it as prep for SHTF.  I know someone with a PVS-14 from TNVC...I'm probably going to play around with it tonight and then I'll *have* to order one for myself.
View Quote

DOOOO IIIIIITTTT!  I just got mine today (ordered late May).  The thing is unbelievably good.  I thought it was damn dark out tonight, with the sky mostly overcast, but I was wrong.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Thank you very much for the order.  I will pass the word onto Teddy and Kristen, glad they were helpful.

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order placed! Thanks for the great deal. Also Teddy and Kristen were very helpful to me on my order.

Thank you very much for the order.  I will pass the word onto Teddy and Kristen, glad they were helpful.

Vic

Got my L3 PVS-14 in today. Very happy with the tuble. My NOR-INVG-TAN has not shipped yet though. I guess its out of stock??? Victor, do you have any idea when these will come back in stock? AND THANKS AGAIN!!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Sweet blazing barbeque honey mustard,

I was walking through my workplace heading to the john to rid my body of the muddy waters of lake Foldgers and not one, but two Fedex men were carrying a cardboard box. The box, perfectly cubed in dimension, being treated as though it were the crown jewels of some distinguished monarch instantly caught my eye. My brain instantly told my bladder that its urgency was no longer its concern. I opened up my stride, almost as if I was at the 10th mile of a 12 mile ruck march. I closed the gap and approached them, "I believe you guys are looking for me...".

"Yes.....I....believe we are son.", replied what looked to be the eldest of the two couriers. He handed me the package.

I don't think I've ever drawn my folder with as much anticipation.

The previous day I'd given my blade a proper edge, knowing it would shave off ten-thousandths (.0001) of a second of time between me and my brand new L3 PVS-14.

To all the employees of TNVC....

Thank you, but you could of provided some Tylenol PM of Benadryl because there is absolutely no way I'm sleeping tonight.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#44]
I've built a few units for myself but now its finally time to join the major league, order placed! I pm'd a few members who have already received their orders, and they assured me these are a real treat. Thanks for the replies, and I can't wait!
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#46]
You're quite welcome. I've ordered from you before but have been wanting a complete TNVC unit for some time now and the sale was too much to resist, so thank you!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Order placed for the special.  Helmet/mount/counterweights will be ordered later after the card cools down.  Thank you for the great deal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Having used the Wilcox G24, which appears to be similar in some basic ways (as the Wilcox systems all seem to be) to the G11, based on photos and others' reviews and comparisons, and based on my own use of the USGI Norotos Rhino and the new USGI Norotos "RHNO II," I still prefer the Wilcox mounts:

Based on photos and other user reports, if you are or must be stuck with the USGI J-Arm (which I am so far ) it looks like the G11 does the best job of protecting the release lever from accidental release (I really hate this, really really, murderman will disagree with me, 'cause he likes it, but that's neither here nor there) - the RHNO II, will protect it really well if the eye relief adjustment is all the way back - but the further you move it forward, the more exposed the lever becomes.  On the G11, the J-Arm's actual lever is protected, while a smaller button on the mount is used to release the lever.  

Speaking of the eye relief adjustment, once again, having used the G24, albeit briefly, I preferred both the eye relief and elevation adjustment of the Wilcox to either of the USGI mounts, though I've heard that the Norotos thumbscrew elevation adjustment (like on the TATM, AKA2, and INVG) is even nicer.  The RHNO II eye relief adjustment appears to be the strongest in terms of binding up due to bending or torquing of the adjustment "rails," but may (I have not yet tested it) be more prone to binding up due to grit in the mechanism.  

Needless to say, mounts seem to be a tricky business in terms of picking the "right" one - and the cost of them doesn't help the case, though I've been fortunate to have several members offer to let me give different mounts a try.  Like I said, for now, I'm still using the standard USGI bits, and will probably wait until I can make a "big upgrade" to change it.  

I do think, however, that there are a couple of TATMs with shrouds on the EE right now for less than $200, plus a bayonet to dovetail adapter from TNVC would be a lower cost option but a step up from the standard USGI Rhino, while eBay frequently has AKA2s that go for under $200, some with shroud, some without, though you need to be careful on eBay as there are a lot of knock-off mounts and airsofters on eBay.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

Augee,

I am guessing that some folks have probably figured out by now that we have been comparing notes offline from different perspectives on the various mounts.

Yes, I am indeed a fan of bayonet versus dovetail...damn, did I just admit that in public?

I like the G11 better than the Rhino II as far as the latest .mil contract mounts go.

I like the new G24 with the proper side release instead of the older ones, but I don't like G24 in general.

INVG is way cool but only for monoculars, and I use it with a dovetail-to-bayonet adapter.

AKA2 works great with a NightCap.

To be perfectly honest, even the USGI rhino is quite serviceable to me.

Maybe I need to try a TATM just to enhance completeness.  

Here is a "blast from the past", an old plastic-type rhino; when was the last time that you saw one of those?

Things have evolved, and will probably continue to do so.  The bottom line is that there are simply too many variables to declare a "best" mount for every application, and we haven't even gotten into COG or overhead clearance considerations.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Just ordered one for the Scar 17 to pair up with the Elcan.  Can't wait!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top