Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 4:46:25 PM EDT
...to a Crye Nightcap. What is the most cost effective way to get a decent setup? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience with a nightcap, but if you're going cheap, I'd say an Ops core VAS shroud and a rhino mount. Definitely not the best, but it'll hold a pvs-14 in front of your face so you can look through it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm running a Wilcox 3 hole shroud with a GI Rhino mount on my nightcap, it's not bad but definitely has wobble.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks folks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Rhino mount is cheapest. It works but has no bells and whistles. You can move up exponentially in both performance and price from the Rhino. The biggest issues people have with the rhino is no vertical adjustment and wobble where the J arm attaches to the mount.

I use a higher end mount that has vertical adjustment but also still retains use of the standard J arm. The wobble does not bother me as I am rarely if ever running around. Mounts are really tailored to what a customer needs. They can get very expensive for the designer stuff. Most mounts that use the standard J arm will have some wobble. The newer stuff such as the INVG still use a dovetail but do away with the standard J arm and is a much more stable mounting platform.

Mounts are one of those things that have infinite talking points and really boils down to what you can afford and what performance you need. You just need to get the job done fast and cheap ? Get a rhino. You get more features and better design as the price increases.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
No experience with a nightcap, but if you're going cheap, I'd say an Ops core VAS shroud and a rhino mount. Definitely not the best, but it'll hold a pvs-14 in front of your face so you can look through it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

This. I use an Ops Core VAS with a Wilcox G24, and it works really well. Haven't tried my Rhino mount on it, but I'm sure it would be at least workable. You could always use that shroud and upgrade the mount when you have the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top