Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
What could be described as small and what feature does it give up.

I'm not really that worried about price point
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What could be described as small and what feature does it give up.

I'm not really that worried about price point
View Quote

The illuminator is what's big. Give that up and you get small, as in the CQBL. If you want the Class I illuminator it's going to be big.

That's just the way it is right now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
So you could run that and then add a twist off illuminator if there isn't enough moonlight?
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So you could run that and then add a twist off illuminator if there isn't enough moonlight?
View Quote

Yup. The illuminators work great for shining and spotting eyes or anything reflective for that matter.

You should talk to the guys at TNVC. They'll hook you up with exactly what you need.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Surefire XVL2 on SSD.
Apparently there will be a civilian class 3 version
http://soldiersystems.net/2014/01/20/shot-show-surefire-xvl2/
ETA: Looks like this is more of a rifle unit. Hopefully this means they're coming out with the x400v-IR as well for pistols.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep this discussion on track……. <coctailer>

Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Cleaning up……. <coctailer>
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So instead of making the laser box that is sure to sell millions of dollars worth of units that is already well known and has numerous people still waiting on it's release a year after it was announced... They use their free production capability to make a laser add on that no one asked for that attaches to an outdated optic... And has already existed for years (EOLAD)

I... I really don't understand...?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
EOTech Pictures

So instead of making the laser box that is sure to sell millions of dollars worth of units that is already well known and has numerous people still waiting on it's release a year after it was announced... They use their free production capability to make a laser add on that no one asked for that attaches to an outdated optic... And has already existed for years (EOLAD)

How is the EOThingy an "outdated" optic?
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:43:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Unsuscribed.  

Soundtrack to page three of this thread should be Ozzy's Going off the Rails on a Crazy Train.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:04:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
EOTech Pictures

Because the EXPS/XPS series is superior in every way to the older 5XX series?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:06:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:13:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Keep this discussion on track.

There are people that want to hear about the thread topic, and not bickering.
View Quote

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Surefire X400V-IR
WIll be available in both 5mw and a "C" version with a lower output.
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2014/01/23/shot-2014-surefire-x400v-ir/#more

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like I missed one.  Here is another Class I IR laser that debut'd at SHOT.

Class I IR laser, but only available with a white light.  Aaaaahhhh What?  How about some IR illum, Streamlight dudes?

Streamlights web page for the TLR IRW
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Wow. Ldi needs to get on the ball. Definitely going to pick up one of these for one of my rifles.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like I missed one.  Here is another Class I IR laser that debut'd at SHOT.

http://www.streamlight.com/static/image/product_large_image/tlr2-irw_logoed.jpg

Class I IR laser, but only available with a white light.  Aaaaahhhh What?  How about some IR illum, Streamlight dudes?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.streamlight.com/static/image/product_large_image/tlr2-irw_logoed.jpg

Wow. That's about as exciting as being kicked in the shins. I'm sure they'll sell, but it really highlights the fact IR laser mfgs see IR buyers as an afterthought; shoehorning IR diodes into visible units with no regards as to the IR illumination that's actually necessary.

Quoted:

Wow. Ldi needs to get on the ball. Definitely going to pick up one of these for one of my rifles.

I'm really digging the X400V-IR for my pistol. Much more excited about it than the DBAL-PL.

Still waiting for CTC to expand their IR grip selection.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm really digging the X400V-IR for my pistol. Much more excited about it than the DBAL-PL.
View Quote

Same here. I have been jonesing for this for years. TLR-IR with white light? WTF? I though that was a typo it is so useless.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Another one waiting for the X400V-IR, I think it should do well on my SBR.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I want a CQBL in green vis (hi/low would be nice but not required) and under $1,000.  Come on LDI, I've heard its in the works...out with it already!
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Me too!
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:26:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Still waiting for CTC to expand their IR grip selection.
View Quote

If CTC would get off their ass and make a dual beam M&P I would be extremely happy.

Until then my CTC vis grips and a X400V-IR would make an excellent alternative.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I want a CQBL in green vis (hi/low would be nice but not required) and under $1,000.  Come on LDI, I've heard its in the works...out with it already!
View Quote

LDI has put the green CQBL on indefinite hold.  It required a housing modification and it isn't a priority now.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

LDI has put the green CQBL on indefinite hold.  It required a housing modification and it isn't a priority now.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they're prioritizing a DBAL-D2 with a MK3/OV3-Gen3 type illuminator in place of the IR only illuminator.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Same here. I have been jonesing for this for years. TLR-IR with white light? WTF? I though that was a typo it is so useless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just ordered a TLR-2 IRW, going to try it out and investigate the possibility of swapping the IR diode and board in it.
Going on a suppressed M&P22lr!
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Before you do a LED swap, look for some drop in IR led/reflectors... they are out there for some other lights.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Figures...

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Before you do a LED swap, look for some drop in IR led/reflectors... they are out there for some other lights.
View Quote

I already have a couple IR lights, just want an IR laser with illuminator in one package...
Is that really too much to ask for?  Without having the TLR-2 in hand I can't tell whether or not the board from the TLR -1 IR will fit it.
From looking at pics it should
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Did anyone get a price or availability idea on these units? I was waiting for the LDI PL but thats on the back burner now with this coming out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top