Page:  / 4
Next Page  
Author
2 Round Burst
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2014 7:44:00 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By eodinert:
Looks like I missed one. Here is another Class I IR laser that debut'd at SHOT.

http://www.streamlight.com/static/image/product_large_image/tlr2-irw_logoed.jpg

Class I IR laser, but only available with a white light. Aaaaahhhh What? How about some IR illum, Streamlight dudes?

Streamlights web page for the TLR IRW

Wow. That's about as exciting as being kicked in the shins. I'm sure they'll sell, but it really highlights the fact IR laser mfgs see IR buyers as an afterthought; shoehorning IR diodes into visible units with no regards as to the IR illumination that's actually necessary.

Originally Posted By Joethe33:
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Surefire X400V-IR
WIll be available in both 5mw and a "C" version with a lower output.
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2014/01/23/shot-2014-surefire-x400v-ir/#more
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/files/2014/01/OFF-SHOT-SureFire-X400V-web.jpg

Wow. Ldi needs to get on the ball. Definitely going to pick up one of these for one of my rifles.

I'm really digging the X400V-IR for my pistol. Much more excited about it than the DBAL-PL.

Still waiting for CTC to expand their IR grip selection.
Please, call me Joe

There is definitely something perverse about two men who carry guns 24/7 being so happy that others are giving theirs up. -happycynic

Jack Ryan 2016
RenegadeX
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2014 7:53:56 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
I'm really digging the X400V-IR for my pistol. Much more excited about it than the DBAL-PL.

Same here. I have been jonesing for this for years. TLR-IR with white light? WTF? I though that was a typo it is so useless.
bigdog200399
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2014 8:19:51 PM
Another one waiting for the X400V-IR, I think it should do well on my SBR.
coctailer
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2014 8:19:55 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

Same here. I have been jonesing for this for years. TLR-IR with white light? WTF? I though that was a typo it is so useless.

I hate pistol lights on rifles, but I thought this X400 could be a good alternative to a DBAL.
Run with scissors!!!!
SHIFT_OneOffS14
Who Dares, Wins
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2014 6:19:05 AM
I want a CQBL in green vis (hi/low would be nice but not required) and under $1,000. Come on LDI, I've heard its in the works...out with it already!
"Nature has made up her mind that what cannot defend itself shall not be defended." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
cmatera
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2014 8:54:18 AM
Me too!
Top_Secret
Do you hear the voices, too?
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2014 9:26:24 AM
[Last Edit: 2/6/2014 9:26:43 AM by Top_Secret]
Still waiting for CTC to expand their IR grip selection.

If CTC would get off their ass and make a dual beam M&P I would be extremely happy.

Until then my CTC vis grips and a X400V-IR would make an excellent alternative.
I started to highlight all the stuff you said that was dumbass but was afraid the internet would run out of red. -Aimless
TDunn
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2014 11:57:02 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By SHIFT_OneOffS14:
I want a CQBL in green vis (hi/low would be nice but not required) and under $1,000. Come on LDI, I've heard its in the works...out with it already!

LDI has put the green CQBL on indefinite hold. It required a housing modification and it isn't a priority now.
TCBA_Joe
2 Round Burst
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2014 12:05:41 PM
[Last Edit: 2/6/2014 12:05:55 PM by TCBA_Joe]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TDunn:
Originally Posted By SHIFT_OneOffS14:

LDI has put the green CQBL on indefinite hold. It required a housing modification and it isn't a priority now.

Maybe they're prioritizing a DBAL-D2 with a MK3/OV3-Gen3 type illuminator in place of the IR only illuminator.
Please, call me Joe

There is definitely something perverse about two men who carry guns 24/7 being so happy that others are giving theirs up. -happycynic

Jack Ryan 2016
whs78
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2014 1:01:49 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

Just ordered a TLR-2 IRW, going to try it out and investigate the possibility of swapping the IR diode and board in it.
Going on a suppressed M&P22lr!
eodinert
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/6/2014 7:21:46 PM
Before you do a LED swap, look for some drop in IR led/reflectors... they are out there for some other lights.
SHIFT_OneOffS14
Who Dares, Wins
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2014 1:19:42 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TDunn:
Originally Posted By SHIFT_OneOffS14:

Figures...
"Nature has made up her mind that what cannot defend itself shall not be defended." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
whs78
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/7/2014 8:48:02 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By eodinert:
Before you do a LED swap, look for some drop in IR led/reflectors... they are out there for some other lights.

I already have a couple IR lights, just want an IR laser with illuminator in one package...
Is that really too much to ask for? Without having the TLR-2 in hand I can't tell whether or not the board from the TLR -1 IR will fit it.
From looking at pics it should
pumbaajk
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/8/2014 1:42:58 PM
Surefire X400V-IR
WIll be available in both 5mw and a "C" version with a lower output.
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2014/01/23/shot-2014-surefire-x400v-ir/#more
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/files/2014/01/OFF-SHOT-SureFire-X400V-web.jpg

Did anyone get a price or availability idea on these units? I was waiting for the LDI PL but thats on the back burner now with this coming out.
The things that kill me, make me feel alive!
Page:  / 4
Next Page