If it works...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By loco_engineer:
Originally Posted By cchurchi:
http://i60.tinypic.com/m754ew.jpg

If it works...

It's hard to look at without laughing a little, but yes, it does actually work.  I'm not holding my breath waiting for someone to develop a holster.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cchurchi:
http://i60.tinypic.com/m754ew.jpg
View Quote

Now that has to be a first
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know how many of these are in the wild, but it's my new favorite IR laser / illuminator. It makes a PEQ-15 on high-power look like an anemic candle.  

Actually, I like it for it's ability to dial DOWN so laser bloom is kept to a minimum, but cranked all the way up with the high-power paddle installed it's capable of destroying lunar outposts from earth. I generally leave both laser and illuminator on their very LOWEST setting, and the illuminator goes VERY wide.

It has a range of 20 kilometers, if you dare. Cooler than an IZLID!  

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TheHorta:

View Quote

Izlid 200p is 39km. Nanny nanny boo boo.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

View All Quotes

That just got added to his list….
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

View All Quotes

Can you say 1000p?    Been there. Done that. Completely useless for private use, save for cool factor.

Also, BEM is notoriously aggressive about hunting down private owners of IZLIDs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Can you say 1000p?    Been there. Done that. Completely useless for private use, save for cool factor.

Also, BEM is notoriously aggressive about hunting down private owners of IZLIDs.
View All Quotes

I'm not a private owner of one, but if I were, my ferrets are notoriously aggressive about pooping on strangers.  

Was just pointing out that 20km is so two thousand and late.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#12]

I'm not a private owner of one, but if I were, my ferrets are notoriously aggressive about pooping on strangers.  

View All Quotes

Ferrets are evil little bastards hell-bent on global domination. Damn little rats.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Ferrets are evil little bastards hell-bent on global domination. Damn little rats.  
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]

little noveske 308 action
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Not a laser, but I did build it specifically for NV use.
It has:
Trijicon RMR RM06
Unity Tactical ATOM slide
Lone wolf threaded barrel
Surefire X300V
Suppressor sights
G22 Frame that I cut off to take 19 mags. I keep a G19 on me and in each of my vehicles, and in my BOB, so it only made sense to build this gun to take the plethora of mags I already have.

The trigger is pretty rough, I need to smooth it out.

My stamp should be back any day now to build a mini 9mm can for it that will be 5" long, and 1-1/4" in diameter.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#20]
My primary, go to gun.  

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:46:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By nickforney:
<a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/user/nickforney/media/20141205_194108.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/20141205_194108.jpg</a>
View Quote

What mount did you use to attach the dog?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
<a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/user/nickforney/media/20141205_194108.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/20141205_194108.jpg</a>

it's a picatinny mutt.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

I won't give away all my secrets but there are plenty of cost effective ways!  Knowing your style you will find an in at the defense department and get a tactical electronics k9 mounted system for thousands of dollars.

my gus likes simple things and he is a real helper.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#28]
An old photo.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Heineken:

Is there a holster that will fit that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Delta4-3:
http://i.imgur.com/4cfmXqP.jpg

Raven Concealment.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By djburnett:

Raven Concealment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By djburnett:
Originally Posted By Delta4-3:
http://i.imgur.com/4cfmXqP.jpg

Raven Concealment.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Pic thread. DBAL_I2 To be replaced with an ATPIAL-C. Soon. I hope.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RamblinWreck:
Pic thread. DBAL_I2 To be replaced with an ATPIAL-C. Soon. I hope.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff156/loftusj/DPMS%20G2/IMAG0155_zps1fa044d1.jpg
View Quote

Can i come play in GA?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#33]
My poverty NV setup:

ITT 6015 and Streamlight IRW.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#34]

my son has his 308 with a legionnaire from adams industries.  pvs14 on the other gun.  I know it seems silly the set up but you cannot hunt coyotes with any projected light in Iowa.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:14:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#36]
<a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/user/nickforney/media/IMG_8037.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/IMG_8037.jpg</a>
my son has his 308 with a legionnaire from adams industries.  pvs14 on the other gun.  I know it seems silly the set up but you cannot hunt coyotes with any projected light in Iowa.
View Quote

A little coyote killer in the making .
You should make a thread about how the PVS14 is working out for you in front of the day optic.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

You should make a thread about how the PVS14 is working out for you in front of the day optic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTM1:
<a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/user/nickforney/media/IMG_8037.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/IMG_8037.jpg</a>

I only use it like that when I have a buddy going with me.  Generally you leave the vortex 1-4 on 1 power and focus the 14.  I definitely prefer something like the legionnaire over a 14.  Generally I use the 14 on a team wendy helmet with a 3x to try and spot dogs.  I have used red dots out front in the past between aimpoint t1's and eotechs but it seemed I had to always move the day optic too far forward to use well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:56:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TV-PressPass] [#38]
All right I don't think I've posted these photos before.

Demoed some Armasight gear out at a buddy's farm for coyote control. He needs to work on his calling through! We got one on the FLIR, but couldn't get it to come into the valley where we were set up. Taking it where it was would have meant a 300 yard shot with an unknown backstop. No-go

Also, we learned this laser is a mega-bright Class 2. Going to have to look at dialing it down.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine came two days early, I'm impressed with how light it is. Now to decide which rifle to use it on.
20141222_140924_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
20141222_125632_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
20141222_125908_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#40]
LWRC UCIW Six8 - 24" OAL - 8 lbs 0 oz as shown - Fury and ATPIAL-C

ST Compressor - 26.5" OAL - 9 lbs 2 oz as shown - M300B, CQBL with Unity M620V

PWS MK110 - 26" OAL - 7 lbs 10 oz as shown - Fury, DBAL I2

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#41]

How well does the offset fury work with the ATPIAL-C? is the illuminator blocked at all?

I'd like to move from the Vital/m600v combo to an ATPIAL-C/Fury or m600p combo offset but didn't want to block the laser or illuminator, or get splashback off the light head.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#42]
My CWAR now has a new laser.  I'll add better pics when I get a chance.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#43]
It's no competition for everyone's "fresh off the truck" ATPIAL-C's - but just picked up a LaserMax UNI-IR -

Read all the comparisons and reviews between the Crimson Trace unit and the LaserMax, but figured that tucking it behind an M3X would mitigate many of the complaints associated with it - and it seems to work pretty well - mounted like this, I can use the KAC VFG as a handstop, and wrap my hand around the rail "C-clamp" style, and toggle the switch up and down as needed.  

Tucked away as it is, it's pretty well protected and unobtrusive - and the whole "stacked" combination still doesn't stick out as far a Millennium-series Surefire.  

No illuminator, of course, but at $120, it seems like a decent enough little unit, and with a SF X300V stacked instead of an M3X, might make a decent low-cost alternative to the X400V.  

Not perfect or pretty, but initial impressions seem to indicate that it should do pretty well as a stop-gap/backup/loaner laser.  

~Augee

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I like it augee.  I have a crimson trace and the small size makes me feel like it isn't gonna get beat up too bad.  I also put it right in front of my front sight generally so if it does bang against something I hope the metal sight will hit and not the plastic ct.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I like it augee.  I have a crimson trace and the small size makes me feel like it isn't gonna get beat up too bad.  I also put it right in front of my front sight generally so if it does bang against something I hope the metal sight will hit and not the plastic ct.
View Quote

Thanks,

I spent a good bit of time hemming and hawing over whether to go with the CT or LM for this application, and I spent a decent amount of time contemplating where and how I would mount a small IR laser without it being too exposed or prone to damage, but easily useable and accessible - I've got several rifles that I'd eventually love to be "grab and go" NV capable, and while the ideal option would be ATPIAL-Cs all around - they're literally about ten times the cost of these little rail-mounted units.  

The other one I contemplated, and still might pick up is a cheap TLR-IR to try out.  Either way, I figure the LM will do what it needs to until I can save up for an ATPIAL-C, and it can keep getting bumped down the "back-up" ladder until I have no choice but to mount it on my M231 clone, and make that NV-capable.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Augee:

Thanks,

I spent a good bit of time hemming and hawing over whether to go with the CT or LM for this application, and I spent a decent amount of time contemplating where and how I would mount a small IR laser without it being too exposed or prone to damage, but easily useable and accessible - I've got several rifles that I'd eventually love to be "grab and go" NV capable, and while the ideal option would be ATPIAL-Cs all around - they're literally about ten times the cost of these little rail-mounted units.  

The other one I contemplated, and still might pick up is a cheap TLR-IR to try out.  Either way, I figure the LM will do what it needs to until I can save up for an ATPIAL-C, and it can keep getting bumped down the "back-up" ladder until I have no choice but to mount it on my M231 clone, and make that NV-capable.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Augee:

Thanks,

~Augee

Right there with you man.  I think I will grab a LM some day to play with.  If you have night vision it makes sense to have beams on as many rifles as you can.  I got the CT to be able to use with pistols cheaply but found I liked the front end of the rifle to be light more than I liked having additional features on my cqbl-1

heres a really heavy ar pistol.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
How well does the offset fury work with the ATPIAL-C? is the illuminator blocked at all?

I'd like to move from the Vital/m600v combo to an ATPIAL-C/Fury or m600p combo offset but didn't want to block the laser or illuminator, or get splashback off the light head.
View Quote

The Fury with the HSP thorntail is a no go as it does shadow the illuminator - particularly with the diffuser on.  I switched to a Larue LT707 and it is good to go.  I really like both the throw and spill of the Fury.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Replaced the Lasermax.  
Finally got my APITAL courtesy of Weapon Outfitters

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By fosters:
Replaced the Lasermax.  

http://images34.fotki.com/v1623/photos/6/66370/2043177/05441755465338-vi.jpg
View Quote

Why did you decide to side mount it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fosters:
Replaced the Lasermax.  

http://images34.fotki.com/v1623/photos/6/66370/2043177/05441755465338-vi.jpg

...just prefer not to obscure the optics with it or my hand having to actuate it....I may change it up...
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top