Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
New Carbine, only have 300 rounds through it, need a night trip to zero the DBAL

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Currahee:
New Carbine, only have 300 rounds through it, need a night trip to zero the DBAL

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55313/GPAR-225947.JPG
View Quote
@RustedAce
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I needs a tan TAPS

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
You should move your laser out so you can actually press the button, and add one of those cute little front sight things on the DBAL.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
You should move your laser button/pad out so you can actually press the button, and add one of those cute little front sight things on the DBAL.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Mounting it at the end of the rail was annoyingly in the FOV of the scope, so I moved it back a bit.  Works okay mounted there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#11]
The dbal in that pos really annoys with a low power optic. The pad is in a good place for NOD shooting
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TATBME] [#12]
I can finally contribute to this thread.

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#13]
View Quote
Yeah, i need that for my D2!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:13:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#14]
I got shit to shoot tonight, only problem is that damn firery ball in the sky!

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Have you went out after installing the LEAF yet?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TNVC:
Sorry you cannot really  see the guns in these...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/PICT0022-1.jpg
View Quote
Izlid(s)?
MAWL?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:44:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SkyPup] [#20]
MAWL

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Sam:
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p496/NGI_Sam/IMG_0142_zpsmwlyu7iw.jpg
Just a Normal day or night at the office
View Quote
Got all the cool toys! Even if the 18's were available to the public I'd never be able to afford a pair... hell im still trying to figure out how to fund mod3's.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:40:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teeli] [#23]
Attachment Attached File

Just a boring ol black peq15.

16" stainless intermediate gas with a dead air sandman S. All Geissele goodness

Sentinels on a night cap.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#24]
ATPIAL-C

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

View Quote
Not yet. We're getting out tomorrow, but I doubt that we'll be doing any night time shooting.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:24:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunsbeerbacon] [#27]

My OTAL-C on my Recce.  Im thinking about moving it aft since its IR pointer only and doesnt splash on anything but may leave right where it is. In case you guys are looking for a scope mount that clears top-mounted lasers, my 1-6x24 is on an American Defense Recon-H
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#28]

TAPS PRO direct mounted to Geissele HK416 SMR--the M-LOK screws thread into the Geissele inserts without any modification, rear screw required a longer screw and a washer to retain it through a cooling hole, similar to the way the M600C is mounted.  

Program:

Button 1 - Surefire M600C Scout, single press momentary, double tap constant
Button 2 - Light and laser slaved (1M/2C)

(Onboard "FIRE" button for independent ATPIAL use)

~Augee
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:38:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#31]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
Not yet. We're getting out tomorrow, but I doubt that we'll be doing any night time shooting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, I was curious how that LEAF front sight was without the ability to adjust elevation.

I'll be picking up a DBAL i2 soon and planned on doing away with my front flip-up in favor of the LEAF mounted on the i2. I figure it should be good enough to serve its basic purpose being that I really don't use irons much anymore, anyway.

With the LEAF on top of the DBAL and no more rail mounted front sight, I'll be able to push the DBAL all the way to the front of my 13" URX4.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#32]
One day when I grow up I'm gonna have a WP pvs14 with a MAWL. Until then my lame green unit and an atpial will have to do.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Yeah, I was curious how that LEAF front sight was without the ability to adjust elevation.

I'll be picking up a DBAL i2 soon and planned on doing away with my front flip-up in favor of the LEAF mounted on the i2. I figure it should be good enough to serve its basic purpose being that I really don't use irons much anymore, anyway.

With the LEAF on top of the DBAL and no more rail mounted front sight, I'll be able to push the DBAL all the way to the front of my 13" URX4.
View Quote
During the day shoot I didn't even notice it was there, I'm running a MRO in a 1/3 geissele mount. I have a Magpul Pro rear sight and I got it sighted in just fine using the rear sight. In the future I will be getting the adjustable Magpul rear to use on this rifle.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#34]
Any CQBL-1 love in here?

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:46:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#35]
During the day shoot I didn't even notice it was there, I'm running a MRO in a 1/3 geissele mount. I have a Magpul Pro rear sight and I got it sighted in just fine using the rear sight. In the future I will be getting the adjustable Magpul rear to use on this rifle.
View All Quotes

Cool. Thanks, man.

I ordered a DBAL i2 last Friday from DSG since they had them on sale for $705 shipped. I picked up the tan/green visible model, which seems to be the most expensive i2 offered at a regular price of $885 + shipping normally. I just received it today, along with the LEAF front sight. Just got it all installed. I'll post a pic shortly.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:
Any CQBL-1 love in here?

http://i.imgur.com/X7meoFc.jpg
View Quote
You rang?

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes, me Pirate! I knew someone would have me back.

Nice setup. I also rock an IR WML with the CQBL.

Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
You rang?

http://i.imgur.com/JEJvaq2.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:
Any CQBL-1 love in here?

http://i.imgur.com/X7meoFc.jpg
You rang?

http://i.imgur.com/JEJvaq2.jpg
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#38]
I've got a question for you guys that are more experienced DBAL owners. The manual says very clearly not to store the DBAL with a battery installed. Seems odd they would require the battery be removed when not in use. For some this would require removing the unit or even a folding front sight and could potentially have an impact on zero. Do you guys remove it between uses or just leave it installed while not in use?

Here's a couple pics of the new set-up. Yes, I know I have two front sights right now. It's staying that way until I get out and do some shooting to decide whether I'll be keeping the MBUS Pro front and ditching the DBAL mounted LEAF, or ditching the MBUS Pro and sticking with just the LEAF.

Also, props to Arisaka and their inline MLOK Scout mount. The adjustability was just what I needed in order the bring the light down just enough to clear body of the DBAL, but still keep it at the 1:30 position.

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:09:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#39]
I've got a question for you guys that are more experienced DBAL owners. The manual says very clearly not to store the DBAL with a battery installed. Seems odd they would require the battery be removed when not in use. For some this would require removing the unit or even a folding front sight and could potentially have an impact on zero. Do you guys remove it between uses or just leave it installed while not in use?

Here's a couple pics of the new set-up. Yes, I know I have two front sights right now. It's staying that way until I get out and do some shooting to decide whether I'll be keeping the MBUS Pro front and ditching the DBAL mounted LEAF, or ditching the MBUS Pro and sticking with just the LEAF.

Also, props to Arisaka and their inline MLOK Scout mount. The adjustability was just what I needed in order the bring the light down just enough to clear body of the DBAL, but still keep it at the 1:30 position.

https://s4.postimg.org/t03iqyewt/20170712_163202.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/hj0dyhbm7/20170712_163221.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/g5f2tiy5l/20170712_164221.jpg
View Quote
I reversed my Magpul MBUS (folds forward now) and can open the battery compartment now.
I hope to get a LEAF soon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:50:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Did somebody say CQBL?

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:50:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#41]
I reversed my Magpul MBUS (folds forward now) and can open the battery compartment now.
View All Quotes

https://s4.postimg.org/t03iqyewt/20170712_163202.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/hj0dyhbm7/20170712_163221.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/g5f2tiy5l/20170712_164221.jpg
Yeah, I like the LEAF so far. I'll be doing some shooting this weekend. I'll post back with my opinion of how well it works without any elevation adjustment. I'm sure it'll be just fine as it's just a back-up sight. Ideally, it should be used with a KAC or MBUS Pro LR rear sight that way the rear can adjust for bondage windage and elevation since the front is fixed.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Kinky...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
that way the rear can adjust for bondage and elevation....
Kinky...
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Still curious if anybody removes their DBAL battery when not in use or if they leave them in.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Yeah, I like the LEAF so far. I'll be doing some shooting this weekend. I'll post back with my opinion of how well it works without any elevation adjustment. I'm sure it'll be just fine as it's just a back-up sight. Ideally, it should be used with a KAC or MBUS Pro LR rear sight that way the rear can adjust for bondage windage and elevation since the front is fixed.
View Quote
It works perfectly with my KAC rear.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Still curious if anybody removes their DBAL battery when not in use or if they leave them in.
View Quote
I remove it. I can't afford to replace the unit (or at least I don't want to spend the $)
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I remove it. I can't afford to replace the unit (or at least I don't want to spend the $)
View All Quotes
I pull the batteries out of mine in the guns I don't use regularly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Yeah, makes sense. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By awptickes:
View All Quotes
See, that's my deal. I'll be using mine about once or twice a week, so I'm not sure if I really need to be pulling the battery out or if it'll be okay leaving it in all the time since it's getting used every couple/few days.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#50]
See, that's my deal. I'll be using mine about once or twice a week, so I'm not sure if I really need to be pulling the battery out or if it'll be okay leaving it in all the time since it's getting used every couple/few days.
View All Quotes
You are in the same boat as me. Leave them in. Just ensure they are lithium batteries. You could also do what I do, and have spares in a grip core, if you are willing to make that investment.
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top