Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:20:07 AM EDT
Namely the Ultra Owl Monocular.  There is a guy kinda local to me selling one.  About what are they worth.  and are they Good quality.  Supposedly it will interchange with PVS-14 mounting.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats fine.  I just thought more traffic in GD.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#3]
B.E. Meyers makes good stuff. They also supply a lot of military gear. The Owl uses a MX-10160 tube and if memory is good today the objective is "C" mount which gives you the ability to use many different lenses. Tubes vary depending on age but is Gen 3 and they usually have nice tubes.

Solid scopes and I like them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can move this to the Night Vision Forum if you wish.  Your answer is much more likely to occur there, as it is populated with a small, but VERY knowledgeable, cadre of gentlemen.  

Yeah, and you forgot to tell him we are the friendly forum !    

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]
what are they worth new and used?  Also the seler is near Ft. Bragg.  Is there a way to make sure its not stolen .Gov property.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
This particular monocular is a commmercial housing and I doubt any of these have been purchased by official channels for the us military. I wouldn't sweat the legality of of the unit.

I wish I had known about the fact these babies used mx10160 series tubes, I could have bought one very cheaply the other week.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I've seen some accessory kits for these on the auction sites, a bunch of extra lenses, camera adapters ect. if its coming from a police dept as surplus, which Meyers seemed to market too, make sure you snag the accessories too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
What are they worth?
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What are they worth?

Depends on age , quality of tube and condition. 1500 to 2000 would be my estimate. Maybe a little more or less if the unit has a lot of extras or is in exceptional shape. I always ask for a one week inspection period to make sure everything is as advertised.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 b e meyers units. Heavy duty and old but still working.  The 3rd gen units are usually lower spec tubes (at least thats what people report) If you ever decide to replace the tube it will be a pain as EVERYTHING inside those are slathered in epoxy. The only way to get it out is to use a vice to squeeze the unit and break all the bonds.  

The Owl DOESNT use a pvs14 mounting, the mount is dead center of the unit and not offset like a 14.

Let me know if i can help more.

Brent

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have 2 b e meyers units. Heavy duty and old but still working.  The 3rd gen units are usually lower spec tubes (at least thats what people report) If you ever decide to replace the tube it will be a pain as EVERYTHING inside those are slathered in epoxy. The only way to get it out is to use a vice to squeeze the unit and break all the bonds.  

The Owl DOESNT use a pvs14 mounting, the mount is dead center of the unit and not offset like a 14.

Let me know if i can help more.

Brent
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/b_rogers/IMG_6576.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/b_rogers/IMG_6572.jpg

Brent, Mr. Meyers just wanted to make sure the tube would not fall out. Seen that happen on lesser scopes ! I had an Owl before and my Gen 3 tube was actually pretty good. Had a huge halo but that was because it was 10 years old also. Anyhow, if you absolutely can't have it fall apart fill it with epoxy. You can never have to much epoxy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top