Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 2:48:44 PM EDT
This is probably not going to work, but I wonder if the idea of putting a tinted lens cover (like the bikini covers the factory send with scopes) over a normal red dot at the lowest settings could be used instead of a dedicated EOtech.  Poor mans brew?  Has anybody tried this?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't tried that, but I would think that the lens cover would reduce the amount of light coming thru too much to make it work. My EoTech is not NV compatible, but I have found on its lowest setting I cannot even see the reticle at night. Works ok through my PVS14 for now until I can acquire a dedicated NV compatible sight.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Haven't tried that, but I would think that the lens cover would reduce the amount of light coming thru too much to make it work. My EoTech is not NV compatible, but I have found on its lowest setting I cannot even see the reticle at night. Works ok through my PVS14 for now until I can acquire a dedicated NV compatible sight.

Little blooming?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is autogated so its not too bad, just reduces the brightness more than I would like. Next paycheck will have a IR OTAL heading my way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mine is autogated so its not too bad, just reduces the brightness more than I would like. Next paycheck will have a IR OTAL heading my way.

10-4.  I had to cancel my helmet order because I have a small noggin and a medium/large helmet won't fit me.  They told me, to check back in a few months.  After I have a chance to play with the 14 with my existing NV, I am probably going to end up the same route but the ITAL instead.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
In the mean time, check out the Bell Faction helmet.  They are $30 at Sports Authority and a USGI strap on mount can be had on Ebay or Gunbroker cheap.  It will hold you over until you can get something nicer.  A molle pistol mag pouch with a bag of lead shot makes for a good, cheap counter weight as well.  While it isn't as nice as an Ops Core base jump helmet, it is still very functional for minimal cost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top