Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Posted: 2/16/2012 6:48:44 PM
This is probably not going to work, but I wonder if the idea of putting a tinted lens cover (like the bikini covers the factory send with scopes) over a normal red dot at the lowest settings could be used instead of a dedicated EOtech. Poor mans brew? Has anybody tried this?
cconn
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:30:42 PM
Haven't tried that, but I would think that the lens cover would reduce the amount of light coming thru too much to make it work. My EoTech is not NV compatible, but I have found on its lowest setting I cannot even see the reticle at night. Works ok through my PVS14 for now until I can acquire a dedicated NV compatible sight.
CORNHOLIO1
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:36:20 PM
Originally Posted By cconn:
Haven't tried that, but I would think that the lens cover would reduce the amount of light coming thru too much to make it work. My EoTech is not NV compatible, but I have found on its lowest setting I cannot even see the reticle at night. Works ok through my PVS14 for now until I can acquire a dedicated NV compatible sight.

Little blooming?
cconn
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:47:32 PM
Mine is autogated so its not too bad, just reduces the brightness more than I would like. Next paycheck will have a IR OTAL heading my way.
CORNHOLIO1
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:52:44 PM
Originally Posted By cconn:
Mine is autogated so its not too bad, just reduces the brightness more than I would like. Next paycheck will have a IR OTAL heading my way.

10-4. I had to cancel my helmet order because I have a small noggin and a medium/large helmet won't fit me. They told me, to check back in a few months. After I have a chance to play with the 14 with my existing NV, I am probably going to end up the same route but the ITAL instead.
ihon
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:21:32 PM
In the mean time, check out the Bell Faction helmet. They are $30 at Sports Authority and a USGI strap on mount can be had on Ebay or Gunbroker cheap. It will hold you over until you can get something nicer. A molle pistol mag pouch with a bag of lead shot makes for a good, cheap counter weight as well. While it isn't as nice as an Ops Core base jump helmet, it is still very functional for minimal cost.