Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2012 5:08:13 PM EDT
Best night vision under $500?
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I am looking into getting night scope also.$500 or ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
most agree, that's non existent.  depends on your budget & intended use - but your better off keeping your cash & saving for a quality unit.  It sucks but its the truth...
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
most agree, that's non existent.  depends on your budget & intended use - but your better off keeping your cash & saving for a quality unit.  It sucks but its the truth...

+1 the usefulness of a 500 dollar scope leaves you wondering why you spent 500 dollars to still not see anything.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm playing with some $150 units at the moment, but to be honest, they are little more than toys.

Serious night vision starts around the $2000 mark. There's not really anything in-between.

What did you want to do with it?

Regards

David
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Except for the Zeiss scopes, which are all dried up now, there is no night vision worth anything under 500.00.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Except for the Zeiss scopes, which are all dried up now, there is no night vision worth anything under 500.00.

My thoughts exactly, those things are epic for the $$
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Well, there is the DIY cascade project which costs a few hundred and produces quite a useful spotting scope... That's in another thread.

Regards

David
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You also might be able to find a PVS-2 for under 500.00, Thats about it for good night vision under 500. The PVS-2 and the Zeiss orion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#9]
A friend just found a Litton m845 for around $500 trade wise.  I don't know alot about the older Litton's, thanks to the forums & the wealth of info provided I should have a pretty good idea if its a keeper so to speak,  but the total amount of use its seen will still be up in the air.   Its a gamble & I am  waiting to check the tube out when it gets in, if nothing else it will be interesting to compare an older gen2 with much newer Gen 3 tubes. Luck may be on his side or he may just end up sending it back.  His intended use will be coyotes with an AR-15, so I'm fairly sure the Litton will be worthwhile as long as it passes inspection. Keep your eyes peeled, ask questions, & you just may find a great deal - but be cautious & use this forum to guide you. Used equipment such as this requires research & friends who know more than you do...
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#10]
What ever happened to the friend, did he buy them?  Any count?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top