View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Augee:
Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:
What do I get out of it.

<CoC violation>

~Augee

Apparently COC isnt NIR compliant either...
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]
That anvis set came out nice. I still wish the mod3 had a ball detent mount...

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By chosos:
I still wish the mod3 had a ball detent mount...
View Quote

As do I.  

My only fear is that if one were to be released, I would inevitably feel compelled to get a Wilcox DPAM/GSGM instead of being happy with my ground mount adapter.  

I swear, I'm working on a paper for grad school right now.  I really, really do...

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]

<CoC violation>

~Augee
View All Quotes
What do I get out of it.

<CoC violation>

~Augee

I'll take it at this point in the deployment.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 4:17:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrPlayer] [#7]
Originally Posted By smb980:
Can anyone in here compare the TW Carbon(non ballistic) and the TW LTP?
Trying to decide on my first NV helmet.
View Quote

I think that the suspension system of the Carbon makes it a worthwhile investment.
The LTP has foam that you can reposition. The Carbon is like an upside down hammock for your head, I prefer it by leaps and bounds even tho it way more expensive.
I have a black and a tan one. I wore the black one tonight.

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MrPlayer:

I think that the suspension system of the Carbon makes it a worthwhile investment.
The LTP has foam that you can reposition. The Carbon is like an upside down hammock for your head, I prefer it by leaps and bounds even tho it way more expensive.

<a href="http://s91.photobucket.com/user/MrPlayer/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsjx8vygen.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/MrPlayer/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsjx8vygen.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smb980:
Can anyone in here compare the TW Carbon(non ballistic) and the TW LTP?
Trying to decide on my first NV helmet.

<a href="http://s91.photobucket.com/user/MrPlayer/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsjx8vygen.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/MrPlayer/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsjx8vygen.jpg</a>

Appreciate the info, thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Putting that muzzle in the dirt is a great way to kaboom that rifle.

I'm just sayin'.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:45:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#10]
Yes I show off. So what. I love this stuff.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]
You got an Elcan, PEQ15, ACOG+RMR, DBAL, all in one pic but you're using a $25 legacy RHINO mount?

You know what you have to do
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By blackghost:

You got an Elcan, PEQ15, ACOG+RMR, DBAL, all in one pic but you're using a $25 legacy RHINO mount?

View Quote
I know! But the only thing I do with NODs at the moment is clean up our dog's shit in the evening AND throw the trash out.
So I kept it on the cheaper side for now; imagine that as a place holder.

What I really am thinking about, is either PVS-14 OR what Augee has showed multiple times; those twin goggles.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By SoloDallas:

I know! But the only thing I do with NODs at the moment is clean up our dog's shit in the evening AND throw the trash out. So I kept it on the cheaper side for now; imagine that as a place holder.

What I really am thinking about, is either PVS-14 OR what Augee has showed multiple times; those twin goggles.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:

I know! But the only thing I do with NODs at the moment is clean up our dog's shit in the evening AND throw the trash out. So I kept it on the cheaper side for now; imagine that as a place holder.

What's wrong with rhino mounts? The only thing I don't like about them is they flip the goggles up really high and can hit the head liner of a vehicle.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Once you try a mount with vertical adjustment built into it you will NEVER go back to a Rhino mount! The vertical adjustment is a serious game changer in getting an ideal fit, I cannot stress how great vertical adjustment is.

Vertical.

Adjustment.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doc_Hurley] [#15]
Once you try a mount with vertical adjustment built into it you will NEVER go back to a Rhino mount! The vertical adjustment is a serious game changer in getting an ideal fit, I cannot stress how great vertical adjustment is.

Vertical.

Adjustment.
View Quote

Much Vertical.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 4:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mattg72] [#16]
Originally Posted By Freedom_Or_DEATH:

Velcro Patch 101 FAIL

Come on man, might as well put the thing on upside down...

To those using the Howard Leights, FYI those things may look Tacti-coolio but please dont use them for any "serious" work, they WILL leave you hanging. The sound suppression alone, even when new, should be enough to steer most away. You can get entry level Peltor's for the same or LESS and they are light years more reliable. Hearing is one of those things you dont realize you are loosing until its literally too late and science can't fix it...

Anyone having issues sourcing genuine IR IFF type patches hit me up in a private message and ill gladly ship them to you (you pay the costs). Domestic only! (obviously)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mattg72:

Velcro Patch 101 FAIL

To those using the Howard Leights, FYI those things may look Tacti-coolio but please dont use them for any "serious" work, they WILL leave you hanging. The sound suppression alone, even when new, should be enough to steer most away. You can get entry level Peltor's for the same or LESS and they are light years more reliable. Hearing is one of those things you dont realize you are loosing until its literally too late and science can't fix it...

Anyone having issues sourcing genuine IR IFF type patches hit me up in a private message and ill gladly ship them to you (you pay the costs). Domestic only! (obviously)

Oriented wrong because it's on the right side? Didn't mean any disrespect... never thought it was a big thing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Oriented wrong because it's on the right side? Didn't mean any disrespect... never thought it was a big thing.
View Quote

It's not, some people just like making noise about things that really don't matter.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#18]
K

View All Quotes

Velcro Patch 101 FAIL

Some people take it really serious.
Stars always go forward.
It bothers me too it not to that extent,

Heck if it's upside down I can understand, America is def in distress in this day and age.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Stars always go forward.

Heck if it's upside down I can understand, America is def in distress in this day and age.
View Quote

So if I flip it upside-down then the stars will go forward... probably piss someone else off though.

Thing only cost like $4... I'll grab another one when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
I love Multicam black. Who makes that cover? Or is is custom?
View Quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPS-UR-TACTICAL-HELMET-COVER-FOR-OPS-CORE-FAST-HELMET-IN-CRYE-MULTICAM-BLACK-M-L-/252192003952?hash=item3ab7d09770:g:zFIAAOSwcwhVJkcR
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]

So if I flip it upside-down then the stars will go forward... probably piss someone else off though.

View All Quotes

Stars always go forward.

Or, just put it on the other side.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Velcro Patch 101 FAIL

It's not, don't worry about it man. Some people just need shit to be upset about. There is no prescribed orientation in the US CODE regarding flags worn on clothing. Most just position it "Union-forward" to represent the flag blowing in the breeze as if you're moving forward, because that's the way the Army does it.

Personally, I feel that you are most correct. Since there is no prescribed orientation for proper display on clothing, I think you should fall back to the standard rules for display of the flag.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#24]
So I gotta ask...

Why are your NODs wrapped in coban?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By shooters101:
http://www.shooters101.com/images/online/nvg.jpg
View Quote

Whats with all the gun-wrap tape?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:45:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shooters101] [#26]
So I gotta ask...

Why are your NODs wrapped in coban?
View Quote

I knew I should have explained this pic.

I do lot of force on force, and by a lot I mean several thousand rounds a month or so.  Some of it is Simunition which is not to bad as messing things up at close range. However a lot of it is UTMs and they on the other hand love to break nods.

These are two PVS14 in a bino config.  I have them layered in a thin close cell foam and wrapped in coban. I also take the sacrificial lenes and add a few layers of Lexan to be able to take direct hits from a meter or so and not damage my investments. I add the Lexan to my illuminators and lasers also.

And when they are separated when me and the wife go looking for some wild pork to harvest!!!!

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:39:58 AM EDT
[#27]
That is straight fucking brilliant!

Sucks about the DBAL though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:43:56 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Nope the Lexan saved it!!!!!  If it were not for the Lexan I might have lost it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:56:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I keep a roll of camoform around for basically the same purpose, I wrap the shit out of my PVS14 with it before doing any rediculous shit with mine.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:06:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Nope the Lexan saved it!!!!!  If it were not for the Lexan I might have lost it.
View All Quotes

Well that makes me feel better.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#31]

It's not, some people just like making noise about things that really don't matter.
View All Quotes

Sorry bud, post your DD214 or STFU, if you dont, you DO NOT have an opinion on the matter. Its not about noise, its about RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO FUCKING DIED defending that symbol! The guy who had it on backwards is NO BIG DEAL, as I stated, (he actually didnt know better, which is most people), but someone like you, WHO KNOWS BETTER and gives that kind of remark, IS A BIG FUCKING DEAL.

If you are at the "level" that you have NVGs on an SF cut helmet, and you decide to put flags on it, PUT THEM ON CORRECT or just simpy LEAVE THEM OFF, but DONT disrespect those who have fought and/or DIED, simple right?
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Stars always go forward.
View All Quotes

Stars always go forward.

It has not happened in my presence before, but I do know of some altercations where someone showed up with flags on backwards, unknowingly, and things escalated, so its better to inform the unnformed in my opinion...

Originally Posted By MrPlayer:Heck if it's upside down I can understand, America is def in distress in this day and age.

AGREED, 100%
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 5:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doc_Hurley] [#33]

Sorry bud, post your DD214 or STFU, if you dont, you DO NOT have an opinion on the matter. Its not about noise, its about RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO FUCKING DIED defending that symbol! The guy who had it on backwards is NO BIG DEAL, as I stated, (he actually didnt know better, which is most people), but someone like you, WHO KNOWS BETTER and gives that kind of remark, IS A BIG FUCKING DEAL.

If you are at the "level" that you have NVGs on an SF cut helmet, and you decide to put flags on it, PUT THEM ON CORRECT or just simpy LEAVE THEM OFF, but DONT disrespect those who have fought and/or DIED, simple right?
View All Quotes

Here's an idea, look under my avatar. See that little green thing, called a tank? That means I have fuck all to prove to you and your insolent holier-than-thou attitude. So I have proven my status as a service member and can delightfully state my opinion on the matter without any regard for whatever you think.

And since you want to go there, the only people ON THE FUCKING PLANET that are required to wear the flag the way you so adamantly demand are service members. So Joe .civ can wear his however he wants, it's covered under the freedom of speech. Which in case you weren't aware is in that big glorious document that I swore to defend.

So please take you antics and tantrums some where else as they have no merit in this thread and contribute nothing to the conversation.

K, thanks, bye.

Posted via .mil computer in a third world shithole, with US Army on my chest and combat patch on right shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#34]
First timer. There's no going back now.

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Here's an idea, look under my avatar. See that little green thing, called a tank? That means I have fuck all to prove to you and your insolent holier-than-thou attitude. So I have proven my status as a service member and can delightfully state my opinion on the matter without any regard for whatever you think.
View All Quotes

See below, he has a little pretty "tank" as well:

Originally Posted By kteaton:

It's not, don't worry about it man. Some people just need shit to be upset about. There is no prescribed orientation in the US CODE regarding flags worn on clothing. Most just position it "Union-forward" to represent the flag blowing in the breeze as if you're moving forward, because that's the way the Army does it.

Personally, I feel that you are most correct. Since there is no prescribed orientation for proper display on clothing, I think you should fall back to the standard rules for display of the flag.

Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:And since you want to go there, the only people ON THE FUCKING PLANET that are required to wear the flag the way you so adamantly demand are service members. So Joe .civ can wear his however he wants, it's covered under the freedom of speech. Which in case you weren't aware is in that big glorious document that I swore to defend.

So now you want to muddy the waters with freedom of speech eh? BURNING THE FLAG is also 1st amendment, you want to go down this route?

Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:So please take you antics and tantrums some where else as they have no merit in this thread and contribute nothing to the conversation.

You have reading comprehension problems. I already clearly stated why it pertains to the subject, and others have as well. The only "antics" are flame wars taking up space and making NOISE. If this guy posted a pic of an AR with the front sight on backwards, and I corrected him, im sure you would chime in also right?

The guy didnt know better, he does now, the problem is corrected and everyone is already posting pics and moved on, but you want to continue an argument, so heres my side, now lets move on, K bruh?

Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:Posted via .mil computer in a third world shithole, with US Army on my chest and combat patch on right shoulder.

Care to post pics of your flags? Or was that already painfully cleared up in red above?
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kteaton] [#36]

Originally Posted By Freedom_Or_DEATH

So now you want to muddy the waters with freedom of speech eh? BURNING THE FLAG is also 1st amendment, you want to go down this route?
You have reading comprehension problems. I already clearly stated why it pertains to the subject, and others have as well. The only "antics" are flame wars taking up space and making NOISE. If this guy posted a pic of an AR with the front sight on backwards, and I corrected him, im sure you would chime in also right?
The guy didnt know better, he does now, the problem is corrected and everyone is already posting pics and moved on, but you want to continue an argument, so heres my side, now lets move on, K bruh?
 Care to post pics of your flags? Or was that already painfully cleared up in red above?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freedom_Or_DEATH

Originally Posted By kteaton:

Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:And since you want to go there, the only people ON THE FUCKING PLANET that are required to wear the flag the way you so adamantly demand are service members. So Joe .civ can wear his however he wants, it's covered under the freedom of speech. Which in case you weren't aware is in that big glorious document that I swore to defend.

Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:So please take you antics and tantrums some where else as they have no merit in this thread and contribute nothing to the conversation.

Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:Posted via .mil computer in a third world shithole, with US Army on my chest and combat patch on right shoulder.

If you're gonna quote me on this, at least understand that I'm on Docs side, not yours. You're wrong in this one bucko. Joe Schmoe can wear his flag however the fuck he wants, per US CODE. My suggestion to fall back on normal flag display procedures would mean that Union-to-the-left as he has it now is most correct.

Also you need a nap.

Edit: Also pic thread. I'm too poor for NODs right now. But I'll have you know I now have a flag patch there that is oriented Union to the rear because I'm not in the fucking Army.

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#37]
In the words of Michelle Obama " all this over a damn flag?" Helmet pics or GTFO . Muh freedoms!

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:06:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doc_Hurley] [#38]
SNIP
View Quote

You have waaaaaay too much rage about someone wearing a flag in the orientation that it is flown than is healthy.

He didn't need corrected, as he wasn't wrong. You have a history of posting All you have done in this thread is post tangents about people wearing their flags "wrong." Freedom of speech. (yes even pertaining to the burning of my beloved flag, I may not like it, but it is their right to do so.) Yet have never posted a pic of your rig like the rest of the people here.

So once again, please take your noise elsewhere.

Pic thread:

Picking up a battery pack this week, then getting a pouch made for it to protect it from rain.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#39]
C'mon, guys, can't we just all get along?  

NV Helmet Rig family photograph:

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#40]

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/A461B775-864F-4E53-B499-227D504D0228_zpsjkt5rqgt.jpg

~Augee
View Quote

I see what you did there...
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#41]

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/A461B775-864F-4E53-B499-227D504D0228_zpsjkt5rqgt.jpg

~Augee
View Quote

Now you've done it!
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Please excuse the gross commie ammo in the background. I keep ammo for my bottom shelf rifles on the bottom shelf.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#43]
FWIW, I'm sincerely sorry for inadvertently offending anyone.

I love my country, the flag, and more than I can express, all those who've served and sacrificed to defend it.

I've already corrected the problem so there is no need fight amongst yourselves on my account.

Incidentally, I've got a mount upgrade coming and will post a new photo soon... with proper flag patch display.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#44]
You offended one guy who needs a new hobby.

Wear that flag how you damn well please, and don't worry about the haters.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:42:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freedom_Or_DEATH] [#45]
FWIW, I'm sincerely sorry for inadvertently offending anyone.

I love my country, the flag, and more than I can express, all those who've served and sacrificed to defend it.

I've already corrected the problem so there is no need fight amongst yourselves on my account.

Incidentally, I've got a mount upgrade coming and will post a new photo soon... with proper flag patch display.
View Quote

No worries man, you didnt "offend" anyone, you clearly didnt know and thats been made painfully obvious by all the dipshits NUT HUGGERS. XD Like I said, but many probably never actually read it, there has been more than one occasion where someone, like you, having no idea, DOES show up somewhere (gun class, range, etc. etc.) with a flag on backwards and someone took offense. Some people regard it in the same aspect as buying surplus camo and walking around in public. I simply let people know the implications, and its then 100% up to them what they do, as others have said, its a free country, just know what you are getting into, thats all.

I have yet to let anyone know, "wuzzup" and find out that they did it to piss ayone off. Most Americans are proud and would not knowingly do anything to disrespect our flag or those who fight and die for it...
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:Yet have never posted a pic of your rig like the rest of the people here.
View Quote

I wasnt aware you had to post pics of your stuff to be cool enough for this thread...

Read and weep:

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 2:11:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doc_Hurley] [#47]

It's a pic thread.

That's what people call a clue.

ETA: "click"
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 4:32:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cgrant26] [#48]

View All Quotes

Jesus dude, are you off your meds?

It's a pic thread.

Right you are, Doc.

Kickin' it old school:

PVS-7B + Standard issue Kevlar + super shitty included head mount that was so uncomfortable you ended up just hanging the nods around your neck.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#49]
No worries man, you didnt "offend" anyone, you clearly didnt know and thats been made painfully obvious by all the dipshits NUT HUGGERS. XD Like I said, but many probably never actually read it, there has been more than one occasion where someone, like you, having no idea, DOES show up somewhere (gun class, range, etc. etc.) with a flag on backwards and someone took offense. Some people regard it in the same aspect as buying surplus camo and walking around in public. I simply let people know the implications, and its then 100% up to them what they do, as others have said, its a free country, just know what you are getting into, thats all.

I have yet to let anyone know, "wuzzup" and find out that they did it to piss ayone off. Most Americans are proud and would not knowingly do anything to disrespect our flag or those who fight and die for it...
View Quote

You do realize that all the people whom you referred to as "NUT HUGGERS" and "dipshits" are also the ones who have been verified as "those who fight and [could potentially] die for it..."

...seeming to indicate that those who have actually done the fighting in question could care less about it, and it's only random internet posters with vague, jingoistic usernames that actually feel the need to "correct" anyone about it.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 5:43:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cgrant26:

Right you are, Doc.

Kickin' it old school:

PVS-7B + Standard issue Kevlar + super shitty included head mount that was so uncomfortable you ended up just hanging the nods around your neck.

<a href="http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/cgrant26/media/mil/mil011.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n516/cgrant26/mil/mil011.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cgrant26:

It's a pic thread.

Right you are, Doc.

Kickin' it old school:

<a href="http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/cgrant26/media/mil/mil011.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n516/cgrant26/mil/mil011.jpg</a>

smells like bosnia in here
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top