Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 145
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

@HK94dude which Arisaka Mount is that for the mini scout?  Offset Scout or Side Scout?

Cat doesn't seem Impressed that you can see as well as it does at night
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
.300 black out?

https://i.imgur.com/CjkItqo.jpg

@HK94dude which Arisaka Mount is that for the mini scout?  Offset Scout or Side Scout?

Cat doesn't seem Impressed that you can see as well as it does at night
@DV8EDD the offset scout mount

Pic to keep it NV/kitty related

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
@DV8EDD the offset scout mount

Pic to keep it NV/kitty related
https://i.imgur.com/vBZRhT7.jpg
View Quote

haha fucking perfect.  thanks bud!
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
In my ever-entertaining quest to become That Damn Wide Neck, here is the current status of my lid.  Missing are: KVC bridge, MDVR for ChinaSkeet, and ANVRS Mfor -14.  Right now the ChinaSkeet is powered by an Anker bpack, plus a 16650 in the iRay itself.  I may switch over to just 16650s when the MDVR gets here.

Does everyone else with 4D pads run them in this same config?

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:52:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#4]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:
In my ever-entertaining quest to become That Damn Wide Neck, here is the current status of my lid.  Missing are: KVC bridge, MDVR for ChinaSkeet, and ANVRS Mfor -14.  Right now the ChinaSkeet is powered by an Anker bpack, plus a 16650 in the iRay itself.  I may switch over to just 16650s when the MDVR gets here.

https://i.imgur.com/n45oC7el.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ub49Z1ul.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xKTk2Ljl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G0awQwLl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6LxIyAgl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7xZvA8zl.jpg
View Quote

Awesome. Love the skull. This is how I ran my OC bump. I have a Carbon now and it's a little snug so I run the stock front & side pads. @ThisWildAdventure looks like you have the ACH kit from the looks of the front pad.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By will-1:

Awesome. Love the skull. This is how I ran my OC bump. I have a Carbon now and it's a little snug so I run the stock front & side pads. @ThisWildAdventure looks like you have the ACH kit from the looks of the front pad.

https://i.ibb.co/zfkTGP7/112-D3-A75-3009-49-E7-A204-638076-D01505.jpg
View Quote

I do not know what an ACH kit is.  My pads are: https://tnvc.com/shop/4d-tactical-zero-g-deluxe-retrofit-combat-liner/
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:19:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#6]

I do not know what an ACH kit is.  My pads are: https://tnvc.com/shop/4d-tactical-zero-g-deluxe-retrofit-combat-liner/
View Quote

There are two different versions. One is for Ops Core and the other is ACH/Team Wendy/MTek. Difference is the OC kit has thinner/smaller front & rear pads specific for OC like what's in my pic.

It'll still work but could be a little tighter depending on your noggin.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

You have the ach model.

Just means no little pad for the back on the dial liner and a much thicker front pad that doesnt play well with the hard foam on the dial liner. I prefer the ach kit with a hnape.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 6:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JonLSU] [#8]
Quick question.  

Just bought a ops core bump helmet and a Norotos lo sto Mount.   When I put the mount on the helmet, it has some play.  Enough to where if I’m running, it the rattle would annoy the hell out of me. Is there a tension screw somewhere I’m missing or is it normal?  

No nvg mounted btw, just the mount
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JonLSU:
Quick question.  

Just bought a ops core bump helmet and a Norotos lo sto Mount.   When I put the mount on the helmet, it has some play.  Enough to where if I’m running, it the rattle would annoy the hell out of me. Is there a tension screw somewhere I’m missing or is it normal?  

No nvg mounted btw, just the mount
View Quote

One of the things that the bungees are for
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:

I built some ghetto Tarsiers out of buttler creek caps, Iris Diaphrams, and some polycarbonate lens.
View Quote

Interesting.  How hard/expensive was that?  If there's significant savings over just buying one for $200, I might give that a go for the other eye.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Only new thing is switched to a Manta from the Hel-Star.

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#12]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Only new thing is switched to a Manta from the Hel-Star.

https://i.imgur.com/oIpIiAd.jpg
View Quote

Looks awesome.

S&S Manta 🤘
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 1:24:57 AM EDT
[#13]

https://i.imgur.com/n45oC7el.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ub49Z1ul.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xKTk2Ljl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G0awQwLl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6LxIyAgl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7xZvA8zl.jpg
View Quote

That skull looks like it’s straight out of the b movie Hardware.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]

looking good!  happy with that lanyard?   I have it sitting in my cart.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Where did you get that Mohawk?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gopherboy128:

View All Quotes

TNVC had tan in stock about 2 weeks ago

looking good!  happy with that lanyard?   I have it sitting in my cart.

For sure, great $11
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

TNVC had tan in stock about 2 weeks ago

For sure, great $11
View Quote

Awesome. Lanyard looks good.

Also, your Lights Out patch is off center to the right a touch. Because, you know, OCD.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Awesome. Lanyard looks good.

Also, your Lights Out patch is off center to the right a touch. Because, you know, OCD.
View Quote

Haha I have a 1x1 IR square next to it
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Haha I have a 1x1 IR square next to it
View Quote

Still drives me crazy to look at
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Klaustrophobia:

Interesting.  How hard/expensive was that?  If there's significant savings over just buying one for $200, I might give that a go for the other eye.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Klaustrophobia:
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:

I built some ghetto Tarsiers out of buttler creek caps, Iris Diaphrams, and some polycarbonate lens.

@Klaustrophobia
After seeing what @dmjerrywest44 did, I ordered the parts off amazon and am gonna try it myself. Hopefully get everything in soon to start. It’s like 30 some odd bucks to get it all. That’s pocket change. I’m waiting on duals, so I figured I’d spend 50-60$ to try it out, make two, and have fun doing so, is mo betta than just plopping down 480$ on the tarsier’s right away. If they don’t come out well, ugh, then tnvc gets even more of my money! I’ll report back with my endeavors once I get the stuff in and make them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:43:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Klaustrophobia] [#22]
I bought my Tarsier directly(ish) from the manufacturer on his amazon store ($200 at the time).  Found out when the package arrived it came from just miles from me.  I need to try to find a way to contact him and arrange for local pickup to save shipping :)

Current NODs project is I need to get my H-nape and 4-d pads installed and arranged right.  And figure out if I fucked up getting the set with the thinner brow which posts in this thread lead me to believe is meant to go with a dial liner.

And decide to risk Ebay replacement arc rails (mine seem to be out of spec, princeton tec won't fit) or just live with a bulky arc-to-pic-to-arc-to-light kludge of a mounting solution.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:57:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

AN/PVS-7B Gen 3 Green Phosphor on a Wilcox G24 + Wilcox adapter

Ops Core Bump Helmet

Ops Core Counterweight

Still gotta get:

Peltor Com-Tac Vs

TNVC Lanyard

Princeton Tec Charge Pro light

4D Tactical Deluxe Helmet Liner

Matbock Tarsier Eclipse
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Gentex TBH-III with a Wilcox G24, TNVC Mohawk, and TNVC thin filmed WP RNVGs. This setup is so damn comfy, but I do need 4D pads. Also can't believe how well it's balanced with two weights and six 123s in the mohawk. Please don't mind my daynoodles or stupid-looking helmet holder, I need to get a new one

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Gentex TBH-III with a Wilcox G24, TNVC Mohawk, and TNVC thin filmed WP RNVGs. This setup is so damn comfy, but I do need 4D pads. Also can't believe how well it's balanced with two weights and six 123s in the mohawk. Please don't mind my daynoodles or stupid-looking helmet holder, I need to get a new one

https://i.ibb.co/gZrrxxz/20200714-102843.jpg
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:55:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#26]
Good helmet option vs $222 x300v?
Is the original lacking compared to the X for a helmet?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Do you mean gen 1 vs gen 2 or 1 cell vs 2 cell?

I have a gen 1 WML/IR and an X300V. The 300 is a better light overall IMO but the WML has an advantage with the wider flood and high & low settings if you don't need distance like indoors or in the woods.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

It's aiiiight.  If I lost my WML-IR, I'd probably get an X300V instead of replacing it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#29]
WML has an advantage with the wider flood and high & low settings
View Quote

WML has high and low settings? News to me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#30]

WML has high and low settings? News to me.
View Quote

Mine does, so as far as I know, yes or at least for the first gen. You have to twist the bezel to ditch strobe. 1 button press is high and 2 button press (rapid) is low, both in vis and IR.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Mine does, so as far as I know, yes or at least for the first gen. You have to twist the bezel to ditch strobe. 1 button press is high and 2 button press (rapid) is low, both in vis and IR.
View Quote

I will have to check tonight. That would be a game changer for me.  I never use the strobe, and frequently wish I could dim the output to save batteries.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#32]

I will have to check tonight. That would be a game changer for me.  I never use the strobe, and frequently wish I could dim the output to save batteries.
View Quote

Shit, it might be a gen 1 thing only. Just did a search and found this about the gen 1 but no mention of the same thing when I searched gen 2

The INFORCE WML Tactical Weaponlight is an excellent option for a weapon mounted light. This lightweight, rail-mounted light produces 175

lumens of penetrating white light with a tight beam that is designed for close- to mid-range applications but still offers enough spill for discernment of the surrounding area. The light is field-programmable from high-to-low or low-to-high plus it features a strobe function that can easily be disabled. The angled activation button is comfortable and easy to operate without interference of wires or tape switches. The integrated patent pending rail clamping system is compact, convenient and secure. Waterproof to 66 feet. The light features two distinct and easy too operate lockout systems are incorporated to avoid accidental discharge.

For IR capbale models, a flip of the mode selection switch provides 75mW of infrared light with no need of IR filters. Simply flip the switch to the rear to engage IR illumination. As a failsafe, when set for white light a white dot is visible on the switch.
Midway USA listing
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#33]
175 lumens of "penetrating" light

Tight beam

LOL
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I think I might take a little heat for the helmet (CHY-NA) but it's a humble start since I'm new to NV (and the helmet was a gift).  I don't have much to compare it to other than motorcycle helmets, my first of this type, but it seems comfortable so far.  Jury out until I get weight on it.  I do think I might need to change out the ear-pro adaptors, these don't "stow" away back very easily and the peltors slide in the stems to easily.  I'll try them out for a while.

Still need to get a helmet marker I guess?  Maybe find a patch to keep it fun.

Hard Head Veteran Bump with cover
Hard head veteran Rail Adaptor Kit
Wilcox G24
Wilcox J Arm
Cheap Fandyfire in cheap mount
Waiting on lanyard and PVS14

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#36]

You win
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:39:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Idayote] [#37]

Ops Core bump (Xlorge cause I got a fat head)
4D Tactical Zero G Deluxe pads
Agilite cover
TNVC mohawk
Amazon light
echo arms light mount
Patch panel patches
Wilcox helmet mounted lanyard
Wilcox L4 G24
3M Arc kit
Gen 2 Peltor Comtac iii's Single lead
BNVD-SG-Hp+
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Pretty Happy with my helmet nowadays.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By nate_the_great:
Pretty Happy with my helmet nowadays.
View Quote

Nice setup...I always brake for beaver.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#40]

- Ops Core XP ballistic helmet
- Lux Liner w/Ops Core and 4D pads
- Team Wendy CamFit suspension
- Orion Design Group helmet cover
- TNVC Mohawk Mk I Gen 2 counterweight system
- Norotos AKA2 dovetail NVG mount
- PrincetonTec MPLS task light
- Ops Core AMP headset on rail mounts[/li]

Just waiting on the BNVDs to come through now!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Hopscotch:

@Klaustrophobia
After seeing what @dmjerrywest44 did, I ordered the parts off amazon and am gonna try it myself. Hopefully get everything in soon to start. It’s like 30 some odd bucks to get it all. That’s pocket change. I’m waiting on duals, so I figured I’d spend 50-60$ to try it out, make two, and have fun doing so, is mo betta than just plopping down 480$ on the tarsier’s right away. If they don’t come out well, ugh, then tnvc gets even more of my money! I’ll report back with my endeavors once I get the stuff in and make them.
View Quote

@hopscotch any update?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 2:57:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Have gotten started, but still waiting on the irises. Some pics to follow, but full story is I’m on a ship overseas, so waiting for everything to come in from Amazon is a pain. Got my butler creek caps, and the lenses. The caps are 09a’s, but they are the yellow button ones (all rubber, not rigid plastic around the eye piece). These were the only ones available on Amazon when I ordered. I cut/Dremilled off a little of the yellow tabs, so they wouldn’t pop open as easily when the nods are stored in a pouch or whatnot, and made the yellow tabs black with a sharpie. The lenses are 37mm, and have some play inside the caps. Though I’ll eventually glue them, maybe 38mm might have a solid fit? I ordered the last two 37mm irises on the entirety of amazon I’m convinced, and they were inexpensive, but I haven’t gotten them in yet. I have a month left onboard before I come back, and think I will order the butler creek caps with the red tabs, along with 38mm lenses and nicer irises. There are two lab companies that sell what I assume are higher quality irises (50$-ish each), and if the 38mm lenses fit snuggly, would prob get a 38mm OD iris.
Oh, and actually did get one iris in that I ordered separately-note to self, read the description on amazon for OD before ordering
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:08:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#43]
Is there any way to jimmy rig ops core rail mounts to attach to other hearing pro?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there any way to jimmy rig ops core rail mounts to attach to other hearing pro?
View Quote

There was a thread several months back that I posted this in. Looks like that thread is archived and I don’t know how to link to it, but this has been working fine for me:

I was able to mount up some Howard Leights.  I wasn't able to figure out a good way to attach the Ops Core clip on the outside so I ended up dremeling off everything but the center gimbal then opening up the Howard Leights and attaching it with a #4 machine screw.  Maybe a little more permanent modifications than people are wanting but it seems to be working so far. Only issue is getting them to stow flat on the helmet. There's only one spot where they sit flat. Anywhere else and the gimbal doesn't allow enough rotation to get them to lay down against the helmet.

Pictures should be viewable in the album link if I got it to work right.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RBNsENYWneH9wQK19

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

TFB article
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Hopscotch:
Have gotten started, but still waiting on the irises. Some pics to follow, but full story is I’m on a ship overseas, so waiting for everything to come in from Amazon is a pain. Got my butler creek caps, and the lenses. The caps are 09a’s, but they are the yellow button ones (all rubber, not rigid plastic around the eye piece). These were the only ones available on Amazon when I ordered. I cut/Dremilled off a little of the yellow tabs, so they wouldn’t pop open as easily when the nods are stored in a pouch or whatnot, and made the yellow tabs black with a sharpie. The lenses are 37mm, and have some play inside the caps. Though I’ll eventually glue them, maybe 38mm might have a solid fit? I ordered the last two 37mm irises on the entirety of amazon I’m convinced, and they were inexpensive, but I haven’t gotten them in yet. I have a month left onboard before I come back, and think I will order the butler creek caps with the red tabs, along with 38mm lenses and nicer irises. There are two lab companies that sell what I assume are higher quality irises (50$-ish each), and if the 38mm lenses fit snuggly, would prob get a 38mm OD iris.
Oh, and actually did get one iris in that I ordered separately-note to self, read the description on amazon for OD before ordering https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/480879/698274A6-5DDC-4B04-97BC-F6938439B681-1517009.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/480879/3A4AFB8E-810F-407A-A428-9E2B463E609A-1517008.jpg
View Quote

Where are you ordering the lens’s from? Looks like a fun project.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#47]

TFB article
View All Quotes

TFB article

Oh hell yes
Doing that
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I need to get a new helmet.

this thread isn't helping...

Ops core carbon bump, Revision, or MTEK all seem impossible to find right now...
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Oh hell yes
Doing that
View Quote

Me too... had to order AMP Rail adapter from Gentex, and they took over a month to ship my H-nape. Just got it 2 days ago.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#50]
well - it appears I will be trying the ops core...
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top