BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZMAN42:
Just a heads up Ill be Posting these up for sale this after noon.
NVBS15's comes with Norotos dovetail mount.
Email me if you want to know pricing or details before I post it.
They will be affordable :)

ETA: EE LINK http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_172/1679291_NVBS15-BINOS--4500-00.html

http://i.imgur.com/g08KiRH.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/V71gWyx.png
http://i.imgur.com/RS3Nq3w.png   http://i.imgur.com/BPiFtS8.jpg
View Quote
what is the weight on the goggle by itself?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AZMAN42:
Just a heads up Ill be Posting these up for sale this after noon.
NVBS15's comes with Norotos dovetail mount.
Email me if you want to know pricing or details before I post it.
They will be affordable :)

ETA: EE LINK http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_172/1679291_NVBS15-BINOS--4500-00.html

http://i.imgur.com/g08KiRH.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/V71gWyx.png
http://i.imgur.com/RS3Nq3w.png   http://i.imgur.com/BPiFtS8.jpg
View Quote
Are you accepting kidneys?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont have a scale, but this is from another ar-15 thread:

NVBS-15 Binoculars -- 20 ounces

Originally Posted By brodband8:

what is the weight on the goggle by itself?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By great308:
It's custom, it would probably fit a 20rd mag in if I let the side retention cords out but not with it being pulled into the curve of the helmet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Heineken:
What counterweight pouch is that?  Will it fit a 20 or 30 round AR mag?
It's custom, it would probably fit a 20rd mag in if I let the side retention cords out but not with it being pulled into the curve of the helmet.
It looks super nice.  Still trying to find a counterweight pouch that will fit a 20 round mag.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Night Gear by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
Are you running dual 14s? How's the weight?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MrJonesandMe:

Are you running dual 14s? How's the weight?
View Quote
They are heavy, about 2.09lbs give or take. I can say without a doubt my neck muscles are in excellent shape. Wearing these with a counter weight for 6 hours at a time is a legit workout.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
What is between the knives and AR mags?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#10]

What is between the knives and AR mags?
View Quote
Tactical friggin light saber
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Bombing around Afghanistan.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:07:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:26:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PBOutdoors] [#13]
Attachment Attached File

Made a few changes including the new mowhawk.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:54:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:35:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrJonesandMe] [#15]

No NODs yet, but I got a screaming deal on this. 500 for the complete setup.

Plan to get a G24 wilcox mount and a PVS14. Any reason to get duals at this point? It'll be my first NV setup, and I figured a gen 3 14 is better than Gen 2+ dual tubes.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]
http://i.imgur.com/nEvhA7C.jpg

Plan to get a G24 wilcox mount and a PVS14. Any reason to get duals at this point? It'll be my first NV setup, and I figured a gen 3 14 is better than Gen 2+ dual tubes.
View Quote
Mdepends on what gen 2 you're talking about.  Photonis gen 2 is one of the best.  There is such a wide range it's kind of hard to give you advice with knowing a few things. Where and what is you primary use?  What is your budget?  I got two 14's for $4000

I run dual gen 3's just because I can't stand only having one eye in the green.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAutoHound] [#17]
Update. Might sell this setup.

Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:51:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrJonesandMe] [#18]
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:
Mdepends on what gen 2 you're talking about.  Photonis gen 2 is one of the best.  There is such a wide range it's kind of hard to give you advice with knowing a few things. Where and what is you primary use?  What is your budget?  I got two 14's for $4000

View All Quotes
http://i.imgur.com/nEvhA7C.jpg

The gen 2+ stuff I've been looking at is Armasight stuff. Not sure on the specifics of the tubes. I considered just getting a 14 then saving for another and using the N-vision dual adapter. My biggest concern there is the weight.

Budget is up in the air at this point. For dual 14s, I'd like to get the setup, including bridge for around 5000 including the mount. But at that point it almost makes sense to save a little more to get a lighter weight dual tube setup.

Another setup I've been considering is this
http://www.nightgoggles.com/shop/night-vision/ab-nightvision-mod3-modular-goggle-gen-2-plus/?v=f24485ae434a

My use would be hunting and some night shooting courses.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Well finally got most of my stuff for my first night vision rig, just need to get a mount for my surefire m1 and an ir strobe for the back, couple more weeks and my pvs14 get here from TNVC hopefully!!

Helmet-ops core bump
tnvc Mohawk gen1
Wilcox g11 mount

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Update. Might sell this setup.
https://i.imgur.com/2XxUQeg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/MeoM3NC.jpg
View Quote
What mount is that you are using for the china IR light?  I like the light but have not found a mount I like for it yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAutoHound] [#21]
Originally Posted By 223Sauce:

What mount is that you are using for the china IR light?  I like the light but have not found a mount I like for it yet.
View Quote
I have this one that's about $3 but takes a month to get and another one that's exactly the same just a different name and I forgot where I got it. Both have never given me an issue. Recoil. Multiple guns. Multiple times taken apart to switch lights.

But it's cheap as fuck so probably a higher chance of getting a random dud. For the price I'd buy two or three. But again, they've worked flawlessly for me and I've abused them.

Light mount linky linky

Keep in mind, this mount doesn't "fit" the light. As in it's to wide to fit in the area where the mount should go. So I just tighten the mount onto the fatter part of the light right before the body and head of the light meet so I can still adjust it. I cranked down on it too. Hasn't gone anywhere.  If you look closely at the bottom  pic you'll see an uneven gap in the mount where it comes together when you tighten it.

So don't expect it to fit perfectly but it'll work and not look ghetto until close inspection lol
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#22]

I have this one that's about $3 but takes a month to get and another one that's exactly the same just a different name and I forgot where I got it. Both have never given me an issue. Recoil. Multiple guns. Multiple times taken apart to switch lights.

But it's cheap as fuck so probably a higher chance of getting a random dud. For the price I'd buy two or three. But again, they've worked flawlessly for me and I've abused them.

Light mount linky linky

Keep in mind, this mount doesn't "fit" the light. As in it's to wide to fit in the area where the mount should go. So I just tighten the mount onto the fatter part of the light right before the body and head of the light meet so I can still adjust it. I cranked down on it too. Hasn't gone anywhere.  If you look closely at the bottom  pic you'll see an uneven gap in the mount where it comes together when you tighten it.

So don't expect it to fit perfectly but it'll work and not look ghetto until close inspection lol
View Quote
Thanks dude!
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#23]
My buddy let me take a look at his new DTNVG. Have to say they are pretty sweet.

Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#24]
It looks super nice.  Still trying to find a counterweight pouch that will fit a 20 round mag.
View All Quotes
What counterweight pouch is that?  Will it fit a 20 or 30 round AR mag?
I might be able to help with that. Email or pm me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:16:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shooters101] [#25]
Made several changes to the lid and the NVGs. Used to run dual PVS-14s in bridge.

old set up:

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:23:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice. I'm done though. St least for now. I got my dual 14's and I'm happy. Mid3's would be nice but no more money on my damn helmet lol.

What's up with the TLR?  Is there a swivel function I don't see?  Isn't the wml white/ir?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:44:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Nice. I'm done though. St least for now. I got my dual 14's and I'm happy. Mid3's would be nice but no more money on my damn helmet lol.

What's up with the TLR?  Is there a swivel function I don't see?  Isn't the wml white/ir?
View Quote
Yep it's a white light/IR. It's good for illuminating an indoor room. With it pointing up it really does a great job of lighting a place up for searches while keeping both your hands free.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#29]
a humble entry is better than no entry.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:43:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAutoHound] [#30]
Small and probably last update for a while. Added ir flag and AZ flag and ops core shroud I got for $35

Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwikvette] [#31]
hai guyz, found dis at teh park, HoW duZ iT weRk?

My buddy's rig;

MTEK Flux Carbon-V
Mod3 w/AVS9 lenses
Wilcox G24
TNVC MK2 (no battery pack yet, but has placeholder weights)
Hel-Star 4
Peltor Comtac III Hearing Defenders with gel cups
Peltor/MTEK adapters
Multicam Black IR flags
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By shooters101:

Yep it's a white light/IR. It's good for illuminating an indoor room. With it pointing up it really does a great job of lighting a place up for searches while keeping both your hands free.
View Quote
... plus it does not blind your buddies when you come face to face with them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Kwikvette:
hai guyz, found dis at teh park, HoW duZ iT weRk?

http://i.imgur.com/KWCNgap.jpg

My buddy's rig;

MTEK Flux Carbon-V
Mod3 w/AVS9 lenses
Wilcox G24
TNVC MK2 (no battery pack yet, but has placeholder weights)
Hel-Star 4
Peltor Comtac III Hearing Defenders with gel cups
Peltor/MTEK adapters
Multicam Black IR flags
View Quote
By generating envies?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:19:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

I'm running dual 14s. How do you like the mod 3s compared
View Quote
I'm thinking about running dual 14s. How do you like it? Is it ok with a heavier counter weight?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#36]

I'm thinking about running dual 14s. How do you like it? Is it ok with a heavier counter weight?
View Quote
It's awesome. I'm not picky though. Toss some counterweight on you like and call it a day. Get them aligned and you're good to go.

I like being able to split them up.

Although I suspect the second I try sentinels I'll immediately be spoiled and want some. Butvyeah, duals are awesome.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#37]

It's awesome. I'm not picky though. Toss some counterweight on you like and call it a day. Get them aligned and you're good to go.

I like being able to split them up.

Although I suspect the second I try sentinels I'll immediately be spoiled and want some. Butvyeah, duals are awesome.
View Quote
Sweet.All I've used is an issued PVS14 so I'm trying to get into a better setup.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Sweet.All I've used is an issued PVS14 so I'm trying to get into a better setup.
View Quote
Imo duals or sentinels are SO much better than a single tube.  Don't get me wrong a single tube has advantages. Reading light conditions is a huge one. Fast transition to day optic if your kak fails or you kick the door to a well light room et cetera.

But for all around comfort and just about everything else duals are better. In fact I liked my pvs-7 better than a single 14. Again, just me. I like having both eyes in the green (or white).
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Imo duals or sentinels are SO much better than a single tube.  Don't get me wrong a single tube has advantages. Reading light conditions is a huge one. Fast transition to day optic if your kak fails or you kick the door to a well light room et cetera.
View Quote
To help the original poster spend more of their money I've found its fairly seamless to look under duals to check lighting conditions or if a quick white light transition is needed; more reasons to go with the duals.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:36:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jwramp] [#42]
Still playing with cable management on the new TW helmet. Sent my Mohawk to loan to someone who needed it a lot more than me, but the velcro loops on it worked pretty good for that.

Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:12:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Finally upgraded my setup from a Gen 2+ to a Gen 3 Autogated manual gain Omni Vii PVS-14 I found on a FB group, paid 1700 for it and the Wilcox L4 G24 and PVS-14 Arm, I love the mount but there is no way I would have bought it separately considering the cost of them. Also had to buy a new MS2000 since the last one I had would no longer turn on. Its so fun to shoot at night with and I probably have more rounds down range with this gun under night vision than without.

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#44]
This funny-looking guy was showing off a few nice little setups last weekend...

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By jwramp:
This funny-looking guy was showing off a few nice little setups last weekend...
View Quote
He doesn't count because he wouldn't let me take any home with me! 
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Took my anvis-6 off of my Ops-Core carbon fiber helmet and moved it to my Airframe. Acquired an Adams Industries surface mount, and the anvis got a set of new tubes last weekend at Cola Warrior Classic II. The new tubes and improved mount help a great deal.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#48]
i ran some drills out in the rain and muck last night to function check my stuff.  

group photo:

everything worked with no malfunctions.  

this morning when my wife saw the pile of dirty clothes in the mud room, she asks me "what did you do last night?"  i said, "guy stuff.  you wouldn't understand."  

she called me a smart-ass.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 12:09:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoctorNo] [#49]
Has anyone had recent experience with the Tarsier Eclipse? Any current reviews or feedback on them? Everything I've found is from 13/14.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DoctorNo:
Has anyone had recent experience with the Tarsier Eclipse? Any current reviews or feedback on them? Everything I've found is from 13/14.
View Quote
I'm sure they work but butler Creek caps with a 5mm hole do the same thing for under $20 pretty much.

Get 2 $3 screw in camera sacrificial lenses also and you're set.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top